[CM7 Theme Chooser]NTSense - Sense for CM7!!! (Updated 5/9)

Search This thread

nhnt11

Sep 16, 2010
Bangalore
Hi guys,

This is a port of the Sense framework. It works with the theme chooser so it's easily updatable.

This theme was originally an experiment for me to learn/figure out the theme engine (I never intended to actually use it because I'm not a big sense fan), but many people liked it and I got a request for HDPI so I thought I'd just continue working on it as a proper theme.

The complete framework is themed, including status bar, notifications, icons, dialogs, buttons, progress bars, overscroll glow, keyboard, etc etc.

Get it here.

The old versions with black menus, etc etc. can still be found here. Remember to check the README file!!!

NOTE: This theme does NOT give you Sense widgets, nor does it let you use sense widgets from somewhere else. If you want Sense widgets, use a Sense ROM or find alternatives.

Credits
The cyanogenmod team :D and of course tmobile and the theme engine
HTC Sense
haxzamatic for his awesome theme chooser template - he rocks!!! :D :D

To install:
Install the file like a normal apk from a file manager.
Open theme chooser, find the one that says NTSense and hit apply.
It may show a popup saying resources are missing for your screen size. Hit apply anyway.
Don't worry about the popup if you're on MDPI/LDPI, it's there because some images are 'borrowed' from HDPI because there is negligible loss in quality and I'd rather save time porting EVERYTHING.
After applying, make sure you reboot to properly apply status bar changes.

NOTE: Due to limitations in the theme engine, system dialogs are not themed (volume dialogs, reboot dialog, etc). Same goes for the lockscreen.

Hit Thanks if you like it! :D :D

UPDATES:
  • [15/9] - Battery percentage version due to popular demand. Thanks to sigurd_LU for the images.
  • 4.1 [5/9] - Themed dialog buttons, fixed text visibility on tabs, minor tweaks.
  • 4.0b2 [20/5] - Much better keyboard, MDPI/LDPI music widget padding fixed, blue version now installable parallel to the green version (new previews), couple of other minor things.
  • 4.0b [17/5] - Keyboard themed, music app themed, transparent notif background back, lots of minor changes. Beta for MDPI and LDPI.
  • 3.1 [26/3] - New blue version!! Notification dropdown is no longer transparent (white).
  • 3.0 [21/3] - Redid the theme using the "proper" way (using make, from source instead of apktool) - gets rid of the preview problem. Couple of minor changes... probably not noticable.
  • 2.2 [10/3] - fixed black menu text.
  • 2.2 [9/3] - Fixed quickcontact frames, fixed alarm icon. Removed notification power widget overrides so that the new icons now show up. Some other minor changes.
  • 2.1 [??/3] - I don't remember since I forgot to update the changelog.
  • 2.01 [6/3] - Got rid of previews to get rid of compile errors. Did quite a few of the requests. Fixed faulty supercircle charging animation. Supercircle versions still say 2.0 but I'm too lazy to recompile them :D
  • 2.0 [3/3] - Some major cleanup, completely reverted the preview/wallpaper/ringtones to default, which means this now changes your ringtone and wallpaper again. This was the only thing I could find that was different in my theme from others so it's back, maybe this will fix compile errors. Also some other minor changes here and there.
  • 1.9 [2/3] - FINALLY fixed the menu text color thing, so the sense style menus are back (thought this was worthy of upgrading version number)! Also some minor fixes here and there. This version still has the preview, so leave a comment if it gives you a compile error on your phone.
  • 1.8b5 [1/3] - Lots of minor changes/fixes here and there, added settings and phone icons, animated sync icon, (hopefully) fixed compile errors for mdpi devices.
  • 1.8b4 [27/2] - Fixed 2-3 MDPI bugs including faulty supercircle (again lol)
  • 1.8b3 [27/2] - Added full MDPI support (ALPHA). Cleaned up several things. Fixed faulty supercircle mod. This theme no longer changes your wallpaper, but supports UpwardSpiral's theme chooser wallpaper app found on the market. Find the link at the bottom of this post.. Maybe some other stuff that I can't remember.
  • 1.8b2 [26/2] - Added HDPI app icons and transparent notification dropdown. HDPI is now BETA.
  • 1.8b [26/2] - Added HDPI support (ALPHA, thanks to jsmarble for giving me the EVO's framework-res.apk), made LDPI signal icon have a slightly taller fourth bar.
  • 1.7 [25/2] - Themed keyboard, not sense style though, I couldn't get the text to be black. Will keep trying. For now, honeycomb keyboard with green highlights instead of blue. Looks cool imo :cool:
  • 1.6 [24/2] - App icons now themed (included apps - browser, calendar, calculator, camera, clock, contacts, email, torch, gallery, messaging, music, maybe more to come), settings icons themed, added green overscroll (quite sensible IMO), and added colorful supercircle mod. This update changes the supercircle mod version's package name, you should uninstall it first and then install again.
  • 1.5 [23/2] - Fixed USB Storage layout, stopped it from changing your ringtone.
  • 1.4 [23/2] - More cleaning up, half the size again, added theme with standard battery icon as a separate package, both installable parallely. Added green progress bars, modded indeterminate progress bars to be smoother.
  • 1.3 [22/2] - Major cleanup of unused backup resources, half the size now.
  • 1.2 [22/2] - Menu text is a no-go, theme chooser throwing scary errors in logcat. Changed menu backgrounds to transparent black. (temporary). Fixed ProgressDialog background.
  • 1.1 [21/2] - Made menu text at least readable, fixed menu border bug, added transparent notification dropdown
  • 1.0 [21/2] - Initial release
device.png
device1.png
device2.png
device3.png
device4.png
device5.png
device6.png

Last edited:

nhnt11

Sep 16, 2010
Bangalore
Do you think you could add a battery with % increments? Besides that it works good on hd2 which is hdpi

Thanks for saying it works :D :D :D

And I was thinking about battery % too, for now, I have a version with the supercircle mod which I will post soon for HDPI.

Before I start on the battery mod I want to get HDPI/MDPI working properly :D :D

Reactions: samcad

nhnt11

Sep 16, 2010
Bangalore
all the app icons that were modified on my mytouch 4g seem blurry

Yes, that's because they are ldpi icons and will look crap on hdpi (which is double the resolution) I just need someone to post hdpi icons (or I might download an HDPI sense rom) so that i can add them in.

edit: downloading EVO stock rom now.

Last edited:
Reactions: samcad

nhnt11

Sep 16, 2010
Bangalore
Supercircle mod is a circular battery indicator with battery % info.

Its actually a popular battery mod, not sure when it was originally made / who made it. will credit the maker if I fond out.

Edit: just realized that supercircle mod isn't working, lol silly me. Will fix tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Last edited:

Tweezydak1d

May 6, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Great update...the only prob I have on my mytouch 4g is the gallery icon doesnt change and the camera icon is blurry. You might not have the icons for those or something but I just wanted u to be aware. Also is there any way to have the old battery back just curious.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

nhnt11

Sep 16, 2010
Bangalore
Definitely added gallery and camera icons. Did you reboot/restart your launcher?

And do you mean the gingerbread stock battery?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

This is a port of the Sense framework. It works with the theme chooser so it's easily updatable.

This theme was originally an experiment for me to learn/figure out the theme engine (I never intended to actually use it because I'm not a big sense fan), but many people liked it and I got a request for HDPI so I thought I'd just continue working on it as a proper theme.

The complete framework is themed, including status bar, notifications, icons, dialogs, buttons, progress bars, overscroll glow, keyboard, etc etc.

Get it here.

The old versions with black menus, etc etc. can still be found here. Remember to check the README file!!!

NOTE: This theme does NOT give you Sense widgets, nor does it let you use sense widgets from somewhere else. If you want Sense widgets, use a Sense ROM or find alternatives.

Credits
    The cyanogenmod team :D and of course tmobile and the theme engine
    HTC Sense
    haxzamatic for his awesome theme chooser template - he rocks!!! :D :D

To install:
    Install the file like a normal apk from a file manager.
    Open theme chooser, find the one that says NTSense and hit apply.
    It may show a popup saying resources are missing for your screen size. Hit apply anyway.
    Don't worry about the popup if you're on MDPI/LDPI, it's there because some images are 'borrowed' from HDPI because there is negligible loss in quality and I'd rather save time porting EVERYTHING.
    After applying, make sure you reboot to properly apply status bar changes.

NOTE: Due to limitations in the theme engine, system dialogs are not themed (volume dialogs, reboot dialog, etc). Same goes for the lockscreen.

Hit Thanks if you like it! :D :D

UPDATES:
    • [15/9] - Battery percentage version due to popular demand. Thanks to sigurd_LU for the images.
    • 4.1 [5/9] - Themed dialog buttons, fixed text visibility on tabs, minor tweaks.
    • 4.0b2 [20/5] - Much better keyboard, MDPI/LDPI music widget padding fixed, blue version now installable parallel to the green version (new previews), couple of other minor things.
    • 4.0b [17/5] - Keyboard themed, music app themed, transparent notif background back, lots of minor changes. Beta for MDPI and LDPI.
    • 3.1 [26/3] - New blue version!! Notification dropdown is no longer transparent (white).
    • 3.0 [21/3] - Redid the theme using the "proper" way (using make, from source instead of apktool) - gets rid of the preview problem. Couple of minor changes... probably not noticable.
    • 2.2 [10/3] - fixed black menu text.
    • 2.2 [9/3] - Fixed quickcontact frames, fixed alarm icon. Removed notification power widget overrides so that the new icons now show up. Some other minor changes.
    • 2.1 [??/3] - I don't remember since I forgot to update the changelog.
    • 2.01 [6/3] - Got rid of previews to get rid of compile errors. Did quite a few of the requests. Fixed faulty supercircle charging animation. Supercircle versions still say 2.0 but I'm too lazy to recompile them :D
    • 2.0 [3/3] - Some major cleanup, completely reverted the preview/wallpaper/ringtones to default, which means this now changes your ringtone and wallpaper again. This was the only thing I could find that was different in my theme from others so it's back, maybe this will fix compile errors. Also some other minor changes here and there.
    • 1.9 [2/3] - FINALLY fixed the menu text color thing, so the sense style menus are back (thought this was worthy of upgrading version number)! Also some minor fixes here and there. This version still has the preview, so leave a comment if it gives you a compile error on your phone.
    • 1.8b5 [1/3] - Lots of minor changes/fixes here and there, added settings and phone icons, animated sync icon, (hopefully) fixed compile errors for mdpi devices.
    • 1.8b4 [27/2] - Fixed 2-3 MDPI bugs including faulty supercircle (again lol)
    • 1.8b3 [27/2] - Added full MDPI support (ALPHA). Cleaned up several things. Fixed faulty supercircle mod. This theme no longer changes your wallpaper, but supports UpwardSpiral's theme chooser wallpaper app found on the market. Find the link at the bottom of this post.. Maybe some other stuff that I can't remember.
    • 1.8b2 [26/2] - Added HDPI app icons and transparent notification dropdown. HDPI is now BETA.
    • 1.8b [26/2] - Added HDPI support (ALPHA, thanks to jsmarble for giving me the EVO's framework-res.apk), made LDPI signal icon have a slightly taller fourth bar.
    • 1.7 [25/2] - Themed keyboard, not sense style though, I couldn't get the text to be black. Will keep trying. For now, honeycomb keyboard with green highlights instead of blue. Looks cool imo :cool:
    • 1.6 [24/2] - App icons now themed (included apps - browser, calendar, calculator, camera, clock, contacts, email, torch, gallery, messaging, music, maybe more to come), settings icons themed, added green overscroll (quite sensible IMO), and added colorful supercircle mod. This update changes the supercircle mod version's package name, you should uninstall it first and then install again.
    • 1.5 [23/2] - Fixed USB Storage layout, stopped it from changing your ringtone.
    • 1.4 [23/2] - More cleaning up, half the size again, added theme with standard battery icon as a separate package, both installable parallely. Added green progress bars, modded indeterminate progress bars to be smoother.
    • 1.3 [22/2] - Major cleanup of unused backup resources, half the size now.
    • 1.2 [22/2] - Menu text is a no-go, theme chooser throwing scary errors in logcat. Changed menu backgrounds to transparent black. (temporary). Fixed ProgressDialog background.
    • 1.1 [21/2] - Made menu text at least readable, fixed menu border bug, added transparent notification dropdown
    • 1.0 [21/2] - Initial release
    device.png
    device1.png
    device2.png
    device3.png
    device4.png
    device5.png
    device6.png
    Looks good, I'll be trying this out tomorrow on my Nexus One, will post any issues if I find any.

And just want to give a preemptive "No, you don't get Sense widgets with this".

Thanks, forgot about that :D
    Looks good, I'll be trying this out tomorrow on my Nexus One, will post any issues if I find any.

And just want to give a preemptive "No, you don't get Sense widgets with this".
    Uploading new version... blue version is here, and notifications dropdown is no longer transparent (white - I want to keep this as sensy as possible)

edit: uploaded
    NTSENSE-Green with better looking BATTERY PERCENTAGE