FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Motorola Xoom Overclocked: 1.5GHz Dual Core Honeycomb! [v2 2/28]

899 posts
Thanks Meter: 791

By coolbho3000, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 27th February 2011, 06:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th February 2011, 07:51 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
tried adb remount and device still not found. help

27th February 2011, 07:56 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Did you reboot the device after doing the fastboot command? If not, run

fastboot reboot
27th February 2011, 08:03 PM |#13  

More
ok did that now when I try to push the file it says there is no such file or directory

adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko

I looked and I do not have a modules folder. Is there suppose to be one in the android/tools/lib folder on my pc?
27th February 2011, 08:10 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop72

ok did that now when I try to push the file it says there is no such file or directory

adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko

I looked and I do not have a modules folder. Is there suppose to be one in the android/tools/lib folder on my pc?

You need the bcm4329.ko to be in the same directory as adb, Program Files (x86)/Android/android-sdk/platform-tools/

The modules folder is a folder on the actual Xoom itself, it's just where you're copying the file to, and it most certainly should have one.
27th February 2011, 08:23 PM |#15  

More
ok finally got it to work! no when I look in setcpu the max is 1504 and min is 216 but the numbers up top (big, bold and in white) keeps changing. From 312 Mhz, 216Mhz, 1504Mhz and so on. Is that suppose to happen? I thought the number was suppose to stay the same. And is the set on boot suppose to be checkmarked?

thanks for all your help
27th February 2011, 08:33 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

ok finally got it to work! no when I look in setcpu the max is 1504 and min is 216 but the numbers up top (big, bold and in white) keeps changing. From 312 Mhz, 216Mhz, 1504Mhz and so on. Is that suppose to happen? I thought the number was suppose to stay the same. And is the set on boot suppose to be checkmarked?

thanks for all your help

What CPU Governor are you using? I use On Demand, it's going to scale if it doesn't need all that horsepower... I always set it on boot myself, I actually found after first boot it was defaulted to 1504mhz instead of 1ghz... I set up profiles for good power saving.

p.s. I'm still using SetCPU 1.4.4 from a LONG time ago when I originally got it on my Droid, works perfectly on the Xoom.
27th February 2011, 08:34 PM |#17  
OP Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 791

More
Quote:

thanks for all your help

Yes. Change the scaling to performance if you want to see it at the highest value all the time, but leave it at interactive for battery life, because it will only scale up based on need.
27th February 2011, 08:46 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
how does this affect video play back speed? Likely software mode rather than hardware mode.
27th February 2011, 08:50 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
a visitor from the atrix forum! i was just wondering anyone with this kernel if they could test HQ flash performance over at gomtv.net for SC2 GSL games. I know super nerdy but I watch these often and on the atrix at qHD there is some noticeable stuttering (about ~20fps) i estimate where a overclock to tip that over to around~25fps would be really helpful. does the OC help alot from stock with flash performance?
27th February 2011, 08:52 PM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassadar898

a visitor from the atrix forum! i was just wondering anyone with this kernel if they could test HQ flash performance over at gomtv.net for SC2 GSL games. I know super nerdy but I watch these often and on the atrix at qHD there is some noticeable stuttering (about ~20fps) i estimate where a overclock to tip that over to around~25fps would be really helpful. does the OC help alot from stock with flash performance?

There is no Flash on the Xoom, not until Adobe gets off their ass and pushes out 10.2...
27th February 2011, 08:56 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
im an idiot i've read that like 9 times on 9 different blogs it just didnt register. sorry. really excited for you guys though! makes me want to buy a xoom after dishing out for the atrix.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)