Direct Dial???

Search This thread

AsSiMiLaTeD_77

Jul 27, 2010
On my Captivate I had the ability to add a Direct Dial icon to my screen, allowing me to call someone with one press of a button. I was using Launcher Pro, and am not sure if it was that launcher of the Samsun firmware that gave me the ability to add that shortcut.

However, on the Atrix, also running launcher pro, I don't see an option anywhere to add direct dial, as in its missing from the list of things to add.

I can add a contact to the page, but then there's a second step needed to actually dial the number.

Any thoughts on how I can get around it?

phobos512

Mar 1, 2009
Had the same problem, here's what you can do:

Get the [free] app "Folder Organizer lite" from the market...Then go to the create a shortcut menu, and select Folder Organizer item - pick Direct Call / Direct Text etc. from the next menu and you're good to go. Works great! There is built-in functionality with Blur but I find it to be very flaky / hard to setup.

Rezznor

Feb 28, 2011
Had the same problem, here's what you can do:

Get the [free] app "Folder Organizer lite" from the market...Then go to the create a shortcut menu, and select Folder Organizer item - pick Direct Call / Direct Text etc. from the next menu and you're good to go. Works great! There is built-in functionality with Blur but I find it to be very flaky / hard to setup.

how did you get this to work? after i make the contact in the app, I keep getting the error message that "shortcuts were only available in the paid version" whenever i click on the new contact .

bsinc1962

Jan 5, 2010
Dubois, Wy
Animated widget is pretty cool too. I can direct dial or text any contact in my book from a single widget. The other app that worked well was anycut.

AsSiMiLaTeD_77

Jul 27, 2010
how did you get this to work? after i make the contact in the app, I keep getting the error message that "shortcuts were only available in the paid version" whenever i click on the new contact .
You don't make the contact in the app. You just add a shorcut like you would any other on your homescreen (so press and hold and select shortcut), in the shortcuts menu there is an option for folder organizer items, select that and then select direct dial from the list.

drover-v

Dec 21, 2010
On my Captivate I had the ability to add a Direct Dial icon to my screen, allowing me to call someone with one press of a button. I was using Launcher Pro, and am not sure if it was that launcher of the Samsun firmware that gave me the ability to add that shortcut.

However, on the Atrix, also running launcher pro, I don't see an option anywhere to add direct dial, as in its missing from the list of things to add.

I can add a contact to the page, but then there's a second step needed to actually dial the number.

Any thoughts on how I can get around it?
I don't know what is an issue here but I'm running LauncherPro as well and on my Atrix speed dial works just fine. Simple press dialer and old any button except 1 which is voicemail.