[APP] Shark for Root + SharkReader

89 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

Post Reply Email Thread
27th February 2011, 04:40 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Keep wireshark running in the background
How can I keep the app running even when I have closed the window??
Is there a way of keeping the application running for like good half an hour in the background so that I can do other things with my phone at the same time??

28th February 2011, 10:37 AM |#62  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Ventspils
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragya015

How can I keep the app running even when I have closed the window??
Is there a way of keeping the application running for like good half an hour in the background so that I can do other things with my phone at the same time??

It's not possible yet by using only this app, but planning to be on next release (running app as an service).
Meanwhile you may try some memory optimization applications which can set killing priorities for applications.
The Following User Says Thank You to ex87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ex87 Ad-Free
20th April 2011, 02:50 PM |#63  

More
Anyone willing to throw the .apk's up somewhere else? The domain hosting them has been down and still seems unavailable
20th April 2011, 02:52 PM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
You can get it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1375713/lv.n3o.shark-1.apk
29th April 2011, 10:35 AM |#65  

More
problems regard run in emulator
Hi, ex87.
I've tried run shark for root(native) in an emulator(with android version 2.2) from SDK(which is said to be already in root), but it report "Shark error: Problems in launching sequence.. Do You have Root? Do you have 2 MB free on data partition?"

I've tried "adb root" and it does tell me "adbd is already running as root".
Any ideas?
1st June 2011, 02:20 PM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 227

Donate to Me
More
Hey all,

I've been testing this on my DHD and trying to test the security of my Wifi network.
I am new to this so bear with me but I've started my session, used defaults, used my laptop to browse around and enter some stuff on Facebook etc without https.
I've opened shark reader and found some packets containing data but O open them and none of it makes sense to me.
I've had a look around and been over video tutorials for wireshark which were simple enough to understand but how would I go about deciphering any of this?
More specifically, how would I test if my password has been captured without https?

Any help would be much appreciated
1st June 2011, 02:34 PM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Shark Reader captures the traffic that goes in or out from your smartphone, not from your laptop even if they are connected to the same router.

Actually, only if you use a hub (a dumb type of router), you can see all the traffic from all devices connected to it. Nowadays, routers only send to each device the data (in/out) relevant to the device itself, not the traffic from the other devices.

So what you captured is probably sync data from various apps running on your phone, maybe network/wifi negociation packets, but you will not capture the Facebook data from your laptop.
The Following User Says Thank You to snark_be For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift snark_be Ad-Free
2nd June 2011, 11:43 PM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snark_be

Shark Reader captures the traffic that goes in or out from your smartphone, not from your laptop even if they are connected to the same router.

Actually, only if you use a hub (a dumb type of router), you can see all the traffic from all devices connected to it. Nowadays, routers only send to each device the data (in/out) relevant to the device itself, not the traffic from the other devices.

So what you captured is probably sync data from various apps running on your phone, maybe network/wifi negociation packets, but you will not capture the Facebook data from your laptop.

You can easily capture the data from a switch using arp injection. Thats what FaceNiff, Firesheep, and zxarps does.
7th June 2011, 09:49 PM |#69  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
ouch, reboot my phone when push Stop (Capture)

DHD
LeeDrOiD HD V3.1.3 GB
Kernel LeeDrOiD V3.1.4@1267MHz
Radio: 12.54.60.25_26.09.04.11_M2 + RIL
16th August 2011, 11:58 PM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hi guys,
I've downloaded Shark, recorded a log and openned that log on my PC in Wireshark.
How can I know which app initiated each of the messages in the log?
I'm trying to spot an app that is using my 3G network and drains my battery.

I'm new to all of this, so any help would be appreciated.
23rd August 2011, 07:12 AM |#71  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobygold

Hi guys,
I've downloaded Shark, recorded a log and openned that log on my PC in Wireshark.
How can I know which app initiated each of the messages in the log?
I'm trying to spot an app that is using my 3G network and drains my battery.

I'm new to all of this, so any help would be appreciated.

There's no way to tell which app is sending data with tcpdump's... dumps. I guess you could analyze the traffic by destination IP or try to see what's going in/out often to guess at which app is the culprit, but that'd be kind of tedious. If all you want to do is see what's using your bandwidth, there are a number of apps that monitor traffic usage and provide statistics per app.

The first free one I found is called "TrafficInfo," by curvefish. I haven't tried it, so that's not an endorsement or anything. Also I can't post a link because I don't have enough posts, sorry.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
capture, shark, sharkreader, sniffer, tcpdump

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)