MOZART slightly vibrating when connected to laptop USB ..

Search This thread

ZeeShh

Oct 25, 2010
Whenever I connect my Mozart (Orange UK brand) to my laptop (x64 Windows 7) I feel the Mozart is slightly vibrating. However, with any 32 bit windows computer it's Ok and even OK with the mains charger.

Any body else having similiar issue?

meegulthwarp

Nov 24, 2009
Bath
I have the exact same setup as you but I have no such issues with vibration. Have you tried using a different USB cable? Does turning the phone to vibrate or changing any settings make a difference?

ZeeShh

Oct 25, 2010
Yes, I did number of scenarios but only when i connect to a 64bit Windows 7 based laptop (couldn't get a desktop with Windows 7) it behave like this. It's not a visible/audible vibration, I feel when I try to pick up phone or touch it to feel the vibration.
I don't think it should be a laptop/USB port issue, I'm thinking of calling Orange to report this prolem but would wait for few days if any body comes up with the same issue.

kendallj

Feb 28, 2011
Whenever I connect my Mozart (Orange UK brand) to my laptop (x64 Windows 7) I feel the Mozart is slightly vibrating. However, with any 32 bit windows computer it's Ok and even OK with the mains charger.

Any body else having similiar issue?

Funny you mention that. I get the same strange sensation with my Mozart (Australian Telstra brand). And sure enough I've now confirmed it's when it's connected to my Sony VAIO TT (x64 Win7). Up until now, because it's so subtle my mind had refused to believe it was vibration - instead I wrote it off as being some kind of tactile interference with the anodized case material. Will do some more experimenting with other laptops and OS versions asap.

KJ

ZeeShh

Oct 25, 2010
Ok, it's a relief to hear that this is not just my feeling. I've using this Mozart for alomost 3 months finally last weekend I did try few scenarios and then finally raise a question on the forum.
I don't have access to any x64 Win 7 desktop so cannot confirm whether a desktop USB port or a laptop USB port makes a difference.

ZeeShh

Oct 25, 2010
Some more research on the issue:
Mozart slightly vibrate when connected to x64 bit Win 7 laptop (Sony VAIO) via USB, only when laptop is charging.

Any suggestion whom I should call; Sony or HTC ?

meegulthwarp

Nov 24, 2009
Bath
The only thing I can think that could be causing that is your laptop is sending a higher than usual voltage to the phone when charging and that causes the vibrator to start up. And you should call Sony in regards to that. If you have a multimeter you could try testing the voltage on the USB port to see if it spikes when charging.

The only other thing I can think of is that the phone shorts out when you pick it up(as humans produce/conduct electricity and the back of the phone is metal). So that would mean it only vibrates when holding it, not when placed on a table.

km

Dec 17, 2005
I have the same issue, but I only checked it with the main charger.

So I cannot image, that this is really caused by the laptop, but who knows :)