NC
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelH

1. This MOD will hide the GPS status reticle

and

Unlike the method of simply deleting the PNG, this method will not take up space on in your status bar (This means the other icons will shift to the right and not leave a blank spot).

This guide is a reference for the smali code changes that must be made inside of services.jar to hide the GPS status bar icons.

You need to edit HtcCdmaStatusBar.smali , which is located within services.jar under com/android/server/status.

You need to search in the smali file for the following line and change the "v4" to "v6":
Code:
invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v4}, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->setIconVisibility(Landroid/os/IBinder;Z)V
There are two instances of this line, be sure to change them both.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

2. To hide the headset icons
:

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

3. Remove the USB Debugging icon:

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

4. JsChiSurf's GPS Off removed but GPS ON retained, POST #62

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

5. JsChiSurf's method to remove the mute
and vibrate
icons:

Is it possible to only remove the AM/PM from the clock?
thank you

28th February 2011, 03:37 PM |#182  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsthecat3

Is it possible to only remove the AM/PM from the clock?
thank you

Short answer: Yes

There was a news article on this subject recently on the XDA portal page.

This has been a telepathic transmission from the Outer Limits.
28th February 2011, 03:41 PM |#183  
NC

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccossin

Short answer: Yes

There was a news article on this subject recently on the XDA portal page.

This has been a telepathic transmission from the Outer Limits.

cool thanks.
is there a guide floating around that will show how to edit the files needed using smali/baksmali? id like to remove the gps reticule. thank you!
28th February 2011, 08:15 PM |#184  
Flag 10016
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

cool thanks.
is there a guide floating around that will show how to edit the files needed using smali/baksmali? id like to remove the gps reticule. thank you!

Few posts up provided by another member:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=176
1st March 2011, 03:28 AM |#185  
NC

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeadam

Few posts up provided by another member:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=176

i hate to say it but i cant seem to get it...i can pull a services.jar file and i can copy clesses.dex to the tools folder but im not even sure that thats right. hopefully someone can help me figure this out, i know i can do it...just need some more direction.

1. This MOD will hide the GPS status reticle and

Unlike the method of simply deleting the PNG, this method will not take up space on in your status bar (This means the other icons will shift to the right and not leave a blank spot).

This guide is a reference for the smali code changes that must be made inside of services.jar to hide the GPS status bar icons.

You need to edit HtcCdmaStatusBar.smali , which is located within services.jar under com/android/server/status.

You need to search in the smali file for the following line and change the "v4" to "v6":
Code:
invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v4}, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->setIconVisibility(Landroid/os/IBinder;Z)V
There are two instances of this line, be sure to change them both.

thank you
1st March 2011, 06:31 PM |#186  
NC

More
help...anyone?

still trying and seems i cant open the file to edit...
1st March 2011, 07:52 PM |#187  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Hacksville
Thanks Meter: 1,405

Donate to Me
More
Remove AM/PM from 12 hour clock
Okay guys, at the prodding of SteelH, who has taken me out of semi-retirement, I took a look at this VERY quickly, as this is not something I use, since I remove the clock all together.

However, since this has already been done by someone else on Samsung phone, probably using a technique different than what I would have pursued (not that there is anything wrong with it), it prevents me from having to figure it out, and rather, just "apply" the principle to our Sense tweaked services.jar instead.

So, if you want to manually modify your services.jar file to remove am/pm from your clock (note, this may break 24 hour display all together, not sure, I didn't bother testing), decompile and open /com/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy.smali, and wholesale replace the updateClock() method in your existing file with the following tweaked version I've provided:

Code:
.method private final updateClock()V
    .locals 6

.prologue
    .line 940
    iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mCalendar:Ljava/util/Calendar;

invoke-static {}, Ljava/lang/System;->currentTimeMillis()J

move-result-wide v1

invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2}, Ljava/util/Calendar;->setTimeInMillis(J)V

.line 941
    iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockData:Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;

iget-object v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-static {v1}, Landroid/text/format/DateFormat;->getTimeFormat(Landroid/content/Context;)Ljava/text/DateFormat;

move-result-object v1

iget-object v2, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mCalendar:Ljava/util/Calendar;

invoke-virtual {v2}, Ljava/util/Calendar;->getTime()Ljava/util/Date;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/text/DateFormat;->format(Ljava/util/Date;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1    

const-string v4, " PM"

const-string v5, ""

invoke-virtual {v1, v4, v5}, Ljava/lang/String;->replace(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1     

const-string v4, " AM"

const-string v5, ""

invoke-virtual {v1, v4, v5}, Ljava/lang/String;->replace(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1     

iput-object v1, v0, Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;->text:Ljava/lang/CharSequence;

.line 942
    iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mService:Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;

iget-object v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockIcon:Landroid/os/IBinder;

iget-object v2, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockData:Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;

const/4 v3, 0x0

invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2, v3}, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->updateIcon(Landroid/os/IBinder;Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;Lcom/android/server/status/NotificationData;)V

.line 943
    return-void

.end method
Reference:

Credit to s0niqu3 for the original mod concpet. I opened it up and pulled what was needed to manually apply the same to our version, which was not a 1-to-1 copy / paste, unfortunately, but rather, took a little massaging due do framework differences.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JsChiSurf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JsChiSurf Ad-Free
1st March 2011, 08:47 PM |#188  
NC

More
i could reallllly use a little help editing what i need to so that i can remove the gps reticule. if anyone can help me, that would be much appreciated. really just need explicit directions. thanks!!!
2nd March 2011, 12:37 AM |#189  
NC

More
really need to hide this hideous gps reticule. if anyone is willing to help, i would be forever indebted. id love to be able to pull this file, edit it and do whatever i have to to remove this ugly gps reticule. please help and thank you!!!
2nd March 2011, 02:03 AM |#190  
Thanks Meter: 116

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

really need to hide this hideous gps reticule. if anyone is willing to help, i would be forever indebted. id love to be able to pull this file, edit it and do whatever i have to to remove this ugly gps reticule. please help and thank you!!!

You have to decrypt it before you can edit it.get apk manager

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
2nd March 2011, 08:49 PM |#191  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Alarm removal on Myn's Warm Z TwoPointTwo
Has anyone else tried this running Myn's Warm Z Two point two. I was able to remove the GPS rectile just fine, however removing the alarm makes everything but notifications disappear on the status bar (Signal, 3G, Time,etc.) The part with removing the alarm seemed to be the same but doesn't seem to work. Any help is appreciated, if not no big deal.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, hide, icon, remove icons, reticle, status, status bar
Previous Thread Next Thread