Remove All Ads from XDA

How I learned to love the bomb..oops, I mean how I finally got CWM working :D

4,779 posts
Thanks Meter: 610

Post Reply Email Thread
2nd March 2011, 06:30 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
OK well, i did the ENG S-OFF and it didn't seem to change things, here's what i did do thou, i switched the CWM recovery from the 2.x.x.x to 3.0.0.6 and it seems to be working! i got into CWM, trying to install the AR2.1 ROM, appears to be working

2nd March 2011, 08:06 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What should i do if while downloading, it says bootloader corrupt?
2nd March 2011, 08:58 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicKA8

OK well, i did the ENG S-OFF and it didn't seem to change things, here's what i did do thou, i switched the CWM recovery from the 2.x.x.x to 3.0.0.6 and it seems to be working! i got into CWM, trying to install the AR2.1 ROM, appears to be working

Right on, I'm glad you got it working!
2nd March 2011, 08:59 AM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennen1

That I'm not sure about, I would contact one of the ROM makers, like Bubby, I know they can get you fixed up!
2nd March 2011, 09:19 AM |#25  

More
Alrite I was excited seein ur post to then I get that error!:/ lol I can't wait to see the holy land known as cwm

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
2nd March 2011, 02:15 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennen1

this happend to me too. what i did was closed the program and ran it again. this time i made sure to have the screen on to see any prompts i might get on the phone. i prompted me to allow superuser and it went through the process with no problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to farmercyst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift farmercyst Ad-Free
2nd March 2011, 06:24 PM |#27  
Flag Colorado Springs, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I tried this to see if it would fix my problem with Clockwork booting into recovery when I turn my phone off and plug in to charge but it did not, but at least I will be able to load new radio's in when they are released.
2nd March 2011, 07:00 PM |#28  
Flag Austin, Tx
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiarailroader

Thanks for posting that. I was just going by what they said to do in the CoreDroid thread, and it worked for me, thankfully

"
FAQ:

Again, it's recommended that you flash radio 26.04.02.17_M2 (Orange ES 1.75.75.2 / HTC WWE 1.72.405.3) or radio_26.06.03.24_M2 (TELUS WWE 1.84.661.1) or Radio 26.05.05.27_M3 - (Orange UK 1.84.61.2)

How do I flash a new radio?
In order to flash other radios you need to have ENG S-OFF. Once your device has that read this thread to learn how to flash a radio.img

How to get ENG S-OFF:
Download the attached "easy S-OFF.zip" at the botton of this FAQ.
Extract to a folder of your choice.
Connect your phone to a computer (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled. Connect charge only!)
Open my "Desire HD easy s-off.exe", click "S-OFF it"! Allow possible SuperUser request on your phone.
There could be force closes after the process, just reboot and everything will be fine.
Done. (in bootloader it should now show ENG S-OFF)"

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=965207

Don't most radio flashes require eng s-off? How does one flash a radio with just s-off and not eng s-off? I may be way off base here since I'm a newb
2nd March 2011, 07:42 PM |#29  
Flag Lodi
Thanks Meter: 8

More
This was the perfect fix for me and no problems so far, thanks for the awesome find man.
2nd March 2011, 09:55 PM |#30  

More
Just tried this method. Verified ENG-S OFF in hboot. However still no clockwork. Just orange light blink on top and the phone vibrates. Had to battery pull to reboot.

Just to confirm volume down+power for clockwork right ?.
3rd March 2011, 12:07 AM |#31  
Flag Colorado Springs, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Just a shot in the dark but under Applications in the settings do you have Fast Boot unchecked?? If it is checked then it will not boot into fast boot.
The Following User Says Thank You to moe3754 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moe3754 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)