[THEME] MattedBlues V2.5 is here! - RELEASED FOR CM7 THEME ENGINE *6/8/11*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MAMBO04

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 29, 2009
Brighton
someone may of already mentioned this, and i dont know how much work would be involved with it but i think it would make it easier for everyone if you made this theme compatible with the t-mobile theme chooser. That way you wouldnt have to update with every nightly and you could sell the theme on the market like sonny. And with the theme chooser, you dont have to reflash the theme every time you flash a new rom.

Agreed fully :)

jabbawalkee

Dec 22, 2008
Chevy Chase, MD
twitter.com

That may be so...however, the theme chooser does have limitations at the moment. Also, it would take me much more time to figure it out as opposed to creating flashable zips. So, it's more hassle than it's worth really. Good news is...BeatBlaster_, who maintains the Evo version and keeps it current, is working on theme chooser. He has run into a bunch of issues though so I can't say for sure whether it'll happen soon or not. In the meantime, flashable zips is the only option :(

Rubbinio

Oct 7, 2010
Ottawa
This might be a silly question but does this work on other ROMS like Darky ? And if yes which version should I use ?

Either way the theme looks super.

kenvan19

Dec 7, 2010
Any luck ironing out the bugs jabba?

Sent from my MattedBlues CM7 Nexus S from the XDA Premium app.

rockb.blues

Dec 26, 2010
Sweet! Also would this work for 12? Cause I'll stay in 11 if it doesn't, yes I love your theme that much lol

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

jabbawalkee

Dec 22, 2008
Chevy Chase, MD
twitter.com
This theme is very nice, can't stop looking at my phone. ;) I have one issue - the text in menus is a little fuzzy/blury, especially smaller letters. The font is a little to thin, I think.
Since I have Samsung Galaxy S and flashed it on CM7 20110225 codeworkx's build this could be the case. Apart from that - totally beautiful and elegant. ;)
Keep up good work.
Cheers, Mac.

Thanks for the kind words, Mac. My name is actually Mack! Anyways, in regard to the text, that has to do with the font I've included in the theme (it's a light version). I can post the stock font in flashable zip format if you'd like. Just let me know!

rockb.blues

Dec 26, 2010
I'm on nightly 12 with mattedblues and so far so good. I did notice that whether on 11 or 12 the gallery icon did not turn blue like in 2.3.2 skipped this icon or just didn't take?

kenvan19

Dec 7, 2010
Yep, I'm about to update the OP in a minute with nightly #11 version :D

So. F***ing. Stoked. LOL I flashed #11 this morning before I checked to see if you'd updated the OP and then found out you didn't and...well...I was too lazy to go back rofl. Green is no where near as cool as blue...Looks like I have my work cut out for me tomorrow updating the other versions and then I have to decompile and re-make the framework for the other theme I ported ><

Google Search bar seems to have lost its theming. Wife is on my MacBook and I can't really edit ZIPs on my Cr-48 so I have to wait to try dropping in the apk later.

Last edited:

jabbawalkee

Dec 22, 2008
Chevy Chase, MD
twitter.com
I'm on nightly 12 with mattedblues and so far so good. I did notice that whether on 11 or 12 the gallery icon did not turn blue like in 2.3.2 skipped this icon or just didn't take?

So. F***ing. Stoked. LOL I flashed #11 this morning before I checked to see if you'd updated the OP and then found out you didn't and...well...I was too lazy to go back rofl. Green is no where near as cool as blue...Looks like I have my work cut out for me tomorrow updating the other versions and then I have to decompile and re-make the framework for the other theme I ported ><

Google Search bar seems to have lost its theming. Wife is on my MacBook and I can't really edit ZIPs on my Cr-48 so I have to wait to try dropping in the apk later.

Damn so I missed Gallery AND Google Search...ugh, alright, thanks for letting me know. I'll fix it up in the next 15 minutes and re-post it. I'll let you know when the link is fixed :)

kaimyn

Feb 7, 2011
Very nice theme - I've been waiting to test it out so I'm glad you put out a CM11 version.

Odd thing though - my power widget icons still have a green bar, not a blue bar. I don't know if something strange happened when I flashed or if you intended it that way.

Thanks! I especially like the choice of font and dialer layout.

kenvan19

Dec 7, 2010
Very nice theme - I've been waiting to test it out so I'm glad you put out a CM11 version.

Odd thing though - my power widget icons still have a green bar, not a blue bar. I don't know if something strange happened when I flashed or if you intended it that way.

Thanks! I especially like the choice of font and dialer layout.

Its supposed to have a blue bar, you might want to try doing a wipe and fresh flash.

kaimyn

Feb 7, 2011
Its supposed to have a blue bar, you might want to try doing a wipe and fresh flash.

Yeah, I figured as much. I'll probably leave it for a while since I've been flashing new CM7 nightlys pretty often. I'll get around to wiping my phone again eventually, but if I wiped every time every little thing went wrong I'd probably need another phone to be my actual phone and use my NS purely for playing around.

Who knows... maybe I'll be on Axura in a few days. =)

Thanks for letting me know.

jabbawalkee

Dec 22, 2008
Chevy Chase, MD
twitter.com
Yeah, I figured as much. I'll probably leave it for a while since I've been flashing new CM7 nightlys pretty often. I'll get around to wiping my phone again eventually, but if I wiped every time every little thing went wrong I'd probably need another phone to be my actual phone and use my NS purely for playing around.

Who knows... maybe I'll be on Axura in a few days. =)

Thanks for letting me know.

Wait are you referring to the power control bar on the status bae pulldown tray or the power control widget? If you're referring the the pulldown, you change the color in CM Settings :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Selling or ADVERTISING Apps in XDA is not allowed, please contact the Admins if you want to paid for advertising time.
    Thank you.

I'm very happy and proud to present.....MattedBlues!

MattedBlues is a theme that I originally created for the Evo and I have been hard at work updating it and getting it ready for the Nexus S. If you haven't seen or heard of MattedBlues then you have truly been missing out, Enjoy!

vge.png

DOWNLOADS:

Wallpaper Pack (Collection of MattedBlues Walls): Download HERE!

P.S. Download links in OP will be restored tomorrow. Also, Wallpaper, Icons, and Misc pack will be added to the OP (collection of walls, icons, etc for MattedBlues).
    Hey sir, how can i remove Matted Blues Theme from my device?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

If you were able to flash a ROM and theme then I think you can figure that one out on your own :)

That may be so...however, the theme chooser does have limitations at the moment. Also, it would take me much more time to figure it out as opposed to creating flashable zips. So, it's more hassle than it's worth really. Good news is...BeatBlaster_, who maintains the Evo version and keeps it current, is working on theme chooser. He has run into a bunch of issues though so I can't say for sure whether it'll happen soon or not. In the meantime, flashable zips is the only option :(
    By running the MattedBlues zip-files trough the Theme-Porter script, and following the process described in this thread (Method 1), I managed to get the MattedBlues theme working on my HTC Legend. Apart from the font being a little small in some places, it's working - and looking - great.

My question is: What's the policy on me sharing the modified files with other XDA-users?

I'm asking because someone over in the MattedBLues on Legend thread would like the Legend-compatible theme files, but I don't know if distributing other people's work is entirely kosher.

You may release it. All I ask is that proper credit is given. Thank you :)
    Did you open the zip file ?
    I did.
    It is not the way it supposed to be.
    Alright, I've compared some other updater-scripts to the one Jabba used and I don't see a problem. If you see a problem I'm politely requesting that you describe the issue in detail and if you have a solution please let us know what that is as well. This will help. Finally, I'm not sure how many downloads there have been of the Nexus S version of this theme but, as the maintainer of the EVO port, I can tell you from experience that if there was a problem it wouldn't be so isolated and everyone would be reporting it.

/end rant. Seriously, let's get back on topic here.