896 posts
Thanks Meter: 278

Post Reply Email Thread
4th March 2011, 11:56 AM |#381  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulri

I've noted it and I'll improve the tuning in v0.8 but unfortunately I can't test because of the broken USB port but I'm lucky to have you guys to test it
I may have some spare time on the weekend to do make some progress in v0.8

stupid USB port!

Just checked out your source from the google code svn.
I guess the problem is somewhere in the jni c code right?
Do I need any special packages to setup a build environment for this one?

Maybe I can try digg in myself....

/schaze

4th March 2011, 12:27 PM |#382  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Hi schaze, have you checked out from trunk? if so, don't use trunk, use /tags/v0.7.
yes it's jni, problem should be in tzap.c

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaze

Do I need any special packages to setup a build environment for this one?

Current Android SDK, NDK and Cygwin (if you're on windows) should be enough.
4th March 2011, 12:37 PM |#383  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
ah ok. i'll check out the v0.7 then. right, the ndk i was missing.
but i guess i wont be able to work on it before the weekend either... but lets see, might be fun
4th March 2011, 12:47 PM |#384  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaze

but lets see, might be fun

it's always good to have two more eyes to look at it
4th March 2011, 12:57 PM |#385  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:

I think so

I don't think so, because azap knows the pids, doesn't it? what's the output of your azap call? (don't set the "S" flag)

After reading the sources of azap and tzap I recognized a difference between them, tzap is able to provide pmt/pat in the TS stream and azap isn't. I'll recompile an azap for you which offers that option and then you could test it, so maybe we don't need a change in firmware

brilliant - and yes i'll test V0.8 for you. i am at work now - but can send an azap output this evening
4th March 2011, 12:59 PM |#386  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@stephen44 please see my pm to you, it contains a modified azap (called "azap2" )
5th March 2011, 02:25 AM |#387  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Question
WOOT !

Hauppage 950Q working on USA ATSC QAM digital TV signals on UrukDroid 0.7

thanks to $aur0n for helping getting UrukDroid up and running and getting the 950Q to play nice - it kicked butt getting that little stick to run.

and of course you: Chulri for the LiveTV app and AZAP2 - which solved the MPEG-TV stream playing issue.
My tenacity to make this work didn't hurt any either .

The quality is great great color and sound - there is always some pixellation because the source has lower resolution than our archos device so it needs to scale it - but super smooth (look at those video changes) - no audio lag - which i can't believe and really watchable. I am going to try over the air next week when i am in an area with some signals

anyways heres the results - enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4L0WZ04ZqI
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stephen44 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stephen44 Ad-Free
10th March 2011, 11:07 AM |#388  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by $aur0n

Code:
su
cd /lib/modules
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1017593/ArchosGEN8/UrukDroid-0.7/mod.tgz
tar -zxf mod.tgz
depmod -a
rm mod.tgz

Hello $aur0n, honighamster asked me to ask you where he could get that mod.tgz file from. the link above is dead.
10th March 2011, 11:22 AM |#389  
Thanks Meter: 509

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello $aur0n, honighamster asked me to ask you where he could get that mod.tgz file from. the link above is dead.

I've reuploaded module package (it's not the same one - but should have all the stuff - it's from 1.0 "to be" release). Frankly this was a bit dirty solution and that's why I've erased it.

Anyway - I want to use usb ids to dvb service to configure proper modules - but like for now i have only information about 3 dvbt cards module requirements...
15th March 2011, 02:09 PM |#390  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi!

I am trying to see if sasc-ng can be used together with this live tv application, as it could hide this encryption from live tv application.

I tried to compile sasc-ng, but maybe it won't work finally due to CPU power or due to FFDec part ( unit tests had to be removed) or due to thread mutex code part in sc part.

I compiled the code, but now it seems dvbloopback.ko module does not create two sets of devices (0 and 1) in adapter1. No error is printed to dmesg. In adapter 1, there is only created:
demux0
dvr0
frontend0
net0

but also
demux1
dvr1
frontend1
net1
should have been created by this module.

I tried with the dvb h-files from archos linux source, and also from this tv application include h-files, but no difference.
Which one is correct DVB definitions? Which DVB API version is correct?

I use stock archos firmware 2.1.3.

sasc-ng can be run so that it exits when it does not find the frontend1 from adapter 1 (trying to join real adapter 0 to virtual adapter 1). And the problem is now that dvbloopback module not creating those second devices.
15th March 2011, 02:34 PM |#391  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
modules never create devices. on normal linux distributions it's udev which does. on android we don't have such a service so all device nodes are static. if you know the nodes, use "mknod" to create the missing device nodes
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, archos, dvb, live tv

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)