FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Camera closes when trying to record at 720p

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By hvrio, Junior Member on 6th March 2011, 03:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,

Any idea why the camera closes when recording at 720p? I can record fine with the next resolution (widescreen 800x480). If I set the resolution at 720p and press the record button, the menu freezes for a few seconds and the camera closes, showing me my homescreen. I've never been able to record 720p before so I don't know if it had worked when it was still new. I have this phone for a month now. Restarted the phone and everything, even installed task killer and killed everything before recording but still no luck. I tried searching on the net but I think nobody has ever encountered the problem before. I don't have any other video recording app. What I do have are camera/editing apps: fxcamera and picsay.

Anybody knows what I should do? I don't want to wipe my phone because I already have a month's work of modifying, downloading, etc put into my phone.

Also, my phone IS NOT rooted.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I just found out that it has the same problem with the online HD mode. So basically when I try to shoot at HD, it crashes.
EDIT 2: I noticed that when I'm in HD recording mode (720p and online HD), the digital zoom bar on the left disappears. It appears with all the other recording qualities. I guess this is part of the problem.

12th March 2011, 11:49 AM |#2  
Flag - SOFIA -
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Yesterday I had exactly the same problem .
Thats what i have tried , and finally fixed the problem :

1. Go to application manager ( the built-in one ) -> all apps -> Camera app
pressed "Force stop" . DIDN'T WORK

2. Restart the phone ( fastboot ) -> DIDN'T WORK

3. Shut down the phone , Started it ( Slow booting up , not fastboot )
FINALLY WORKED , camera started to work once again
-> Just need to shut down the phone , and boot it up without fastbooting ..

Now the camera works , but haven't understood what I had done that the phone camera stuck .. :/
The Following User Says Thank You to Feltwo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Feltwo Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
720p, crash, desire hd, record

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)