FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to root on Xperia X8 (for newbies).Very Easy!

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By erichcastor, Junior Member on 6th March 2011, 07:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello... sorry about my english. I'm Brazilian and don't speak english very well, so I don't write very well too. However, to help you guys, i'll post an easy way to get root acess on xperia x8. I had a hard time finding something , so i'm sharing with you my experience for resolve that.

First you must download files in the url below. It's contains the driver and software for celular root acess (SuperOneClickv1.7-ShortFuse)

I can't post url. However you must search files below.
*SuperOneClickv1.7-ShortFuse;
*X8_drivers

Or request for me the url them.

Then, unzip the file root_x8.rar in your computer. There will be two files .zip: SuperOneClickv1.7-ShortFuse.zip; X8_drivers.zip. Unzip them.

Then, go in Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Select USB debugging. And select Stay Active.

Plug the USB cable to your computer and your mobile. In the window that appears on the phone, select Load.

The computer will install the drivers, except one (SEMC). Then go to Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager. On Other devices the driver SEMC will be marked as unrecognized. You must update this driver pointing to the folder created by unziping the file (X8_drivers.zip). Wait to finish the process update.

After the driver is updated successfully, open the folder created by unziping the file SuperOneClickv1.7-ShortFuse.zip. Now execute the SuperOneClick.exe.

On the screen that opens, do not change any settings and click on button "Root" and wait for the process. Will appear a screen on the cellphone, tap in "Load" how often it appears.

During the root, will appear some screens. Read with attention what it says and press the button needed.

Done that you will receive a confirmation message that your phone is with root access.

On my mobile phone was made this way. To confirm, go to the market and download the application Root Check.

Thank you all. And good luck.

I am not responsible for any damage caused to your handset. Do at your own risk. And make sure your phone is loaded during the process.

Doubt, contact-me. I'll answer as soon as possible.

.. one detail. I forgot to say that sd card must be dismount.

Unmount your SD card and go to Settings > SD Card, USB Mass Storage and Phone Storage and checkmark Unmount SD Card.

7th March 2011, 03:19 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
feedback for others members
please... if possible discuss your results
7th March 2011, 03:22 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
There are already tutorials for rooting x8
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=906195

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=892150
17th March 2011, 04:03 PM |#4  
Flag Kaposvár

More
I've just got my X8 so I dont really have experience about Android. What is BusyBox, xRecovery and things like that, because i heard thats the way to install new ROMs? And I want froyo or Gingerbread so it's necesarry to root it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root xperia x8 easy

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)