Sick of MotoBlur.. what's most stable stock-like rom?

Search This thread

sinistersai4d4d

Oct 21, 2009
My girl has a D2G and hates its sluggishness.

I have a G2 running Cyanogen 6.

I'm going to attempt to root her phone (with z4Root 1.3 I guess?) this week and then I want to flash a stable fast rom.

Any suggestions.

I hate motorola for insisting on crippling Android. I also hate Samsung for their slow updates. From here on out it's HTC or nothing.

-Gilgamesh-

Feb 13, 2011
The general consensus is that Liberty is the closest to stock Android. However I tend to lean towards Fission. It's not as close to stock as Liberty, however in my personal tests/usage it seems to preform better.

buryboi

Aug 21, 2006
Currently the only custom Rom for the D2G is Fission from Team Defuse. You can get some D2 Roms (like liberty) to work if you use Team Get~R~Done's D2G_Romer.zip.

sinistersai4d4d

Oct 21, 2009
Is Fission faster than the d2g stock 2/Motoblur? My girls phone freezes and crashes too frequently.

I want something very stable.

Sent from my HTC Vision using telepathy and unicorn dust.

-Gilgamesh-

Feb 13, 2011
You can download it and flash through clockwork, or you can download the Fission Rom manager which will download the rom, and flash it for you.

skaskater1

Sep 20, 2010
Las Vegas
With D2 and D2G best option in getting bootstrapper and bootstrapping recovery then flashing your goodies, seems to be the easiest for me, and once you have boot strapper the fission rom manager is pretty nifty as well

-Gilgamesh-

Feb 13, 2011
You're going to have to do the above to be able to flash Fission though. You need to download an app called Droid 2 Recovery Bootstraper. When you run the app, you'll have two options. "Bootstrap Recovery" and "Reboot Recovery". Option one has to be done to be able to book into the non-stock recovery, option two will then allow you to boot reboot directly into recovery. Unlike your G2, to be able to even be able to boot into clockwork, you have to first have to use option one as listed above.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.koushikdutta.droid2.bootstrap

sinistersai4d4d

Oct 21, 2009
Ok, flashed it and got Fission on there...

But here's a problem.. I flashed a theme on top of it and now the "Accounts and Sync" doesn't work and I can't sync my contacts from gmail.

Any ideas?

I made a backup with clockwork before I did anything... will that restore my contacts to gmail? (i stupidly didn't think to export my gmail contacts first to .xl)

Then I guess I could just start over... without the dumb theme (which was actually pretty awesome - Red for Fission)

sinistersai4d4d

Oct 21, 2009
Ok started over from scratch with nandroid backup. Got her contacts back. Flashed fresh Fission (DON'T USE THEMES THEY ARE ALL FLAWED! I TRIED 3 popular ones)

Anyway her phone runs Sooooo much smoother. MOtoBlur is a huge failure and resource hog. Google shouldn't let them all ruin their OS like that...

Anyway, Fission works great so far. Very stable and mostly painless install if you backup apps with Titanium and contacts too.

Thanks for the help!

sinistersai4d4d

Oct 21, 2009
You're going to have to do the above to be able to flash Fission though. You need to download an app called Droid 2 Recovery Bootstraper. When you run the app, you'll have two options. "Bootstrap Recovery" and "Reboot Recovery". Option one has to be done to be able to book into the non-stock recovery, option two will then allow you to boot reboot directly into recovery. Unlike your G2, to be able to even be able to boot into clockwork, you have to first have to use option one as listed above.

This post was a huge help too btw... thanks a ton.

-Gilgamesh-

Feb 13, 2011
Very glad to hear I was able to be of some help, also glad to hear that the above contact issue was resolved. :)

sinistersai4d4d

Oct 21, 2009
Any suggestions on how to overclock it? I'm guessing setCPU is out of the question. I notice that even on Fission her D2G is slower than my G2 doing basic stuff like unlocking the phone and typing on the physical keyboard (words have to "catch up"). Just overall dissappointed with Motorola on this one. Def gonna stick to HTC solely from now on.

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
Ok started over from scratch with nandroid backup. Got her contacts back. Flashed fresh Fission (DON'T USE THEMES THEY ARE ALL FLAWED! I TRIED 3 popular ones)

Anyway her phone runs Sooooo much smoother. MOtoBlur is a huge failure and resource hog. Google shouldn't let them all ruin their OS like that...

Anyway, Fission works great so far. Very stable and mostly painless install if you backup apps with Titanium and contacts too.

Thanks for the help!

You can only flash Themes that are for Fission. They are available in the FRM including many other add ons you probably want to have as well.

sinistersai4d4d

Oct 21, 2009
You can only flash Themes that are for Fission. They are available in the FRM including many other add ons you probably want to have as well.

Yeah I know. And the three Fission themes I tried all broke at least one thing. Random stuff in settings and odd features that wouldn't work. Maybe it's just my phone... works much better sans themes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yes its MUCH faster, its "de-blurred" and blur slows the phone down a ****-ton so yes.