By pjcace, Junior Member on 14th December 2010, 03:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st December 2010, 02:43 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk9iq

Yeah That happens .... the only way now to solve the Speaker problem is by pressing the power Button and then choose Silent Mode and it will activate it

This worked great. So simple I am disappointed I didnt think of it. Thanks.

Jerdog, add this step to your guide and you should create a separate how-to. I can now vouch that it works on the 101.

Is there any way to get incoming calls if you leave Fring running?

3rd January 2011, 03:19 AM |#22  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzer11

This worked great. So simple I am disappointed I didnt think of it. Thanks.

Jerdog, add this step to your guide and you should create a separate how-to. I can now vouch that it works on the 101.

Is there any way to get incoming calls if you leave Fring running?

Thanks guys - will put together a guide on it and post it.

As to incoming calls - if your SIPDroid is setup for Google Voice, you should be able to - the settings on PBXES.ORG should let you setup call forwarding, etc.
3rd January 2011, 03:24 AM |#23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk9iq

Yeah That happens .... the only way now to solve the Speaker problem is by pressing the power Button and then choose Silent Mode and it will activate it

Just to clarify as I build a guide on this - pressing the power button and then choosing Silent Mode will enable the speaker so you can hear the other side? Are they still able to hear you?
7th January 2011, 08:28 PM |#24  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 63

More
I'm new to the whole VOIP thing. Can one use Fring's SIP to make GVoice calls for free? If so, will this be usable with the integrated calling in Gingerbread?

I'm wanting to ditch my cell plan and use a MiFi, but I need some sort of calling capability; just wondering if this could be a potential route.

For the audio issue: is there a way to possibly default the system to silent mode when you pick up a call, then default back to the last audio state once you hang up? It would be a workaround, but a usable one.

One last question: does the Archos disconnect from WiFi when it goes into standby (screen off)? Just wondering if one could receive phone calls were one to have the Fring/GVoice apps running, but the screen off.
18th January 2011, 04:20 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog

Just to clarify as I build a guide on this - pressing the power button and then choosing Silent Mode will enable the speaker so you can hear the other side? Are they still able to hear you?

Yes works perfect if you do that. I guess it forces silent mode and you have to turn it off.
7th March 2011, 11:15 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Just an FYI for anyone coming to this thread late. If you just skip Fring altogether and use the latest market SIPDROID application to make your calls, following the instructions on the site linked earlier in this thread for the call forwarding, etc., then you don't have the silent mode problem. Everything just works.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)