Contract Management App for Xoom

Search This thread

IncredibleMidgett

Jul 30, 2010
I am a wedding and portrait photographer and am trying to integrate my Xoom into my business. What I would love to see is an app that allows me to import my contracts in pages or ms word format, edit them on the tablet, have my customers review the contract and sign it on the tablet, then export the file as a pdf and email a copy to the client. Anyone got any ideas, or is this just wishful thinking. I have not seen an app for android or iOS that can handle this. Im obviously not a developer, but it seems like there would be a huge market for this, and as a laymen it seems like it should be fairly easy to accomplish.

stdlyman3k

Mar 13, 2008
Agreed,
I really need a app that I can put documents on for my business and my clients can sign on the xoom then I don't have to print all this paper and everything would be electronic.

sangreal06

Sep 9, 2010
Check out EasySignMobile. It is an iOS app, but if it is what you are looking for it might be worth contacting the developer to see if they are working on an Android port.

IncredibleMidgett

Jul 30, 2010
We need to get some traction on this. I'd be willing to pay for an app like that and even donate to a dev willing to do it.

IncredibleMidgett

Jul 30, 2010
Check out EasySignMobile. It is an iOS app, but if it is what you are looking for it might be worth contacting the developer to see if they are working on an Android port.

I have found most of the iOS apps to the sub par, and many of them are subscription based and are handled through a website service, or do not allow for editing docs on my device. What I need is an app that will handle everything locally, on my device, and I can backup to my computer at home. I will take a look at EasySignMobile though.

sangreal06

Sep 9, 2010
I have found most of the iOS apps to the sub par, and many of them are subscription based and are handled through a website service, or do not allow for editing docs on my device. What I need is an app that will handle everything locally, on my device, and I can backup to my computer at home. I will take a look at EasySignMobile though.

After further reading it does sound like that app has the limitations you're talking about

stdlyman3k

Mar 13, 2008
FYI I just emailed the developer of easysign just to see. I'll let you guys know if anything turns out.
Thanks for the suggestion

DROID_INC

Aug 24, 2010
Ye I contacted most of the developers for these apps like pdf expert, what I use on the I pad for signing PDF and filling out forms, but they and most developers said that they do not have any plans for developing for android. Their excuse is that they believe in quality and not quantity, but I respond by saying that you can still make a quality app for android, but still no use. Some did say though that if they do expand then the android market will be next.

Android does lack in business apps and I will gladly pay money for those apps. That is why I am returning my xoom (what a shame) because I need one for business, the same reason why you need one for yours, and going back to my ipad where I use quicksale for invoices and pdf expert for filling out forms and signing business contracts.

If any developer reads this thread just know that I will gladly pay $20 for an app that can satisfy this need as well as a seperate twenty for invoices. The ipad apps that I use are very nice, easy to use, and well developed. So for business I would get the ipad than the xoom. And for those who say there is an invoice app for the xoom, I have tried them all, and paid, and they SUCK.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

mroach52

Apr 19, 2010
Although you can't edit repligo reader does let you annotate and even add handwriting onto a pdf. Documents to go is okay for editing word docs but yet to find anything that lets you save as pdf. So no perfect solution but a few apps as mentioned are close. Its odd there are so many apps that let you take a photo and convert to pdf but nothing for documents, wonder if its an adobe licensing issue? I know acrobat pro for windows is pricey but I use it all the time at work particularly to distribute visio and ms project docs.

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
I am a wedding and portrait photographer and am trying to integrate my Xoom into my business. What I would love to see is an app that allows me to import my contracts in pages or ms word format, edit them on the tablet, have my customers review the contract and sign it on the tablet, then export the file as a pdf and email a copy to the client. Anyone got any ideas, or is this just wishful thinking. I have not seen an app for android or iOS that can handle this. Im obviously not a developer, but it seems like there would be a huge market for this, and as a laymen it seems like it should be fairly easy to accomplish.

+1 same