Root NEW 2.1.1.A.0.6 App2sd and 100% safe remove list!

Search This thread

wee86

Jan 12, 2011
What I did is after i click on root and it ask me whether I like to run a test, then i click 'yes'. It said a command will send to my phone and please hit allow in superuser.
Then I click ok, and there was nothing happen besides asking a prompt to recharge phone and so on. Even the SOC said my phone is rooted but i still cannot uninstall the stock applications. I also realize there was a "superuser" app inside but when i open it, it says no apps in list. What did I do wrong?

pratyush_gamer

Dec 28, 2010
Varanasi
What I did is after i click on root and it ask me whether I like to run a test, then i click 'yes'. It said a command will send to my phone and please hit allow in superuser.
Then I click ok, and there was nothing happen besides asking a prompt to recharge phone and so on. Even the SOC said my phone is rooted but i still cannot uninstall the stock applications. I also realize there was a "superuser" app inside but when i open it, it says no apps in list. What did I do wrong?

Dude....try it my way this will work for sure-:

1.Start Super-one-click....

2.Enable Dubbing Mode in your Device.

3.Connect Device(Select Charge only Mode)

4.Click ROOT.

5.When it Prompt that "Device Rooted,Do you want to Run a Test"....Leave That Window AS IT IS!!!!

6.Unplug The Device....And Reboot.

7.After it restarts......And boots Completely on the main screen....Again Plug the USB.....And click Yes on the Window(ON COMPUTER).

8.This will wake SU.....And it will work For SURE!!!!

Try It!!!!

Reactions: wee86

insx

Mar 8, 2011
Hi Folks, I'm new here :)

I just attempted to follow the instructions, got a load of write errors with app2sd.sh and now most of my apps are missing, including market.

What do I do now? Can I proceed somehow or do I have to recover my phone (I don't know how to do that yet, either).

I have an adb screenshot but I can't post the link as I'm new.

Cheers
Tim

Never mind - I got the phone back to factory with the SonyEricsson update service. It seems like my ext2 partition is messed up.

Last edited:

beerio

Nov 3, 2010
Hi Folks, I'm new here :)

I just attempted to follow the instructions, got a load of write errors with app2sd.sh and now most of my apps are missing, including market.

What do I do now? Can I proceed somehow or do I have to recover my phone (I don't know how to do that yet, either).

I have an adb screenshot but I can't post the link as I'm new.

Cheers
Tim

Never mind - I got the phone back to factory with the SonyEricsson update service. It seems like my ext2 partition is messed up.
insx When you wrote that the ext2 was messed up, so am I not sure íf you tried to see the ext2 in win7, Vista or XP because if you tried that so will you not be able to see the ext2 partition. But that doesnt mean its messed up.

And if it is the first time to try to install app2sd so is it best, to do it on a clean install (meaning you do it directly after you done the SEUS). Then will you be sure that you dont lose any applications and also sure that applications that can give you trouble dont interfere with the installation.

I also once again write to all beginners that try to install app2sd, remember to put the phone in CHARGE MODE. Otherwise will it not work.

Hope it will go smoother next time for you, and if it doesnt just get back so will I or someone else try to help you.

Beerio

Reactions: curtnis

beerio

Nov 3, 2010
everything is ok but i start titanium back up is stay at searching app data.. what should i do
omergh Did you do the installation on a clean install? or did you already had a lot of applications installed before? First try to push the Problems button in Titanium and download the Busybox file. And if that doesnt work can try to uninstall the Titanium Backup Pro, and then reinstall it again.

And if that doesnt work either, well then am I sure some other user that is more experienced with Titanium than me will help you.

Good luck

Beerio

xmaniac79

Feb 28, 2011
hi there,

im a novice. im having trouble installing app2sd on xperia x8. when i get to command promt and type cd C:\adb, i get "the sytem cannot find the path specified". i made sure the adb folder is in drive c, i tried typing "adb", "cd adb", "C:\adb".. nothing seems to work..

please help.

xmaniac79

Feb 28, 2011
hi there,

im a novice. im having trouble installing app2sd on xperia x8. when i get to command promt and type cd C:\adb, i get "the sytem cannot find the path specified". i made sure the adb folder is in drive c, i tried typing "adb", "cd adb", "C:\adb".. nothing seems to work..

please help.[/QUOTE

nevermind.. i have finally figure out app2sd.. the instruction really work.

xmaniac79

Feb 28, 2011
hi there,

please help.[/QUOTE

nevermind.. i have finally figure out app2sd.. the instruction really work.

i have one more question.. i hope this is the last one.

how would i know if the app2sd apps has been installed in my phone?? does it have a icon where i can click on it??

because when i have installed the app2sd (not sure if i even installed it) it say at the end of command promt "busybox is /system/bin/busybox rm failed for /etc/mount_sd.sh, no such file or directory

anyone willing to help?? im just a little confuse.

beerio

Nov 3, 2010
i have one more question.. i hope this is the last one.

how would i know if the app2sd apps has been installed in my phone?? does it have a icon where i can click on it??

because when i have installed the app2sd (not sure if i even installed it) it say at the end of command promt "busybox is /system/bin/busybox rm failed for /etc/mount_sd.sh, no such file or directory

anyone willing to help?? im just a little confuse.
xmaniac79 Well, if you install Titanium Backup pro so will you see the ext2 partition. And then just install for example "Angry birds" then will you see in Titanium Backup Pro if the ext2 partition lose free space. Because then are you 100% sure that the app2sd installation works.

Good luck, and if you have any more questions dont be shy to ask! thats why we have this forum.

Beerio

NUTTER123

Jan 20, 2011
Hey. I think Ihaverooted my phone OK? Now though when I try to download say a installer from the app store I keep getting a application install was unsuccessful message. Anything else I need to do?

art535

Aug 23, 2010
got a question here.
after i make the partition, then how i want to copy the app2sd file into the FAT32? using the pc companion, didn't detect the primary FAT32. i'm using "Charge Phone" option while doing this.
for your info, i didn't take out the SD card from phone to make the partition.

curtnis

Mar 13, 2011
the how to in depth

Go here and get Super One click, you can also folow that tutorial but like you I was new to this and ran into a few problems following that tutorial (Very simple problems to get by but i didn't realise lol)

Any way here we go:

Things you need:
Super one click - Get it from here are this one worked for me

link2sd (off the andriod market, this alows your apps to install to sd card)

titanium backup free or pro (you can get busybox from this and also uninstall everthing you don't want on the phone but be carefull)

But first
Lets stats at the begining,
connect your phone/mount just normal connect then go here and follow the steps, after that restart your phone (Don't worry if your phone displays an error before you restart just reboot)

Now go into you settings, applications, Development then tick USB Debugging (You can also go to settings Sound and Display, Screen time Out and set it to 30 mins)

after doing so run super one click on you computer, connect your phone but select charge phone this time, then click root (If the usb conection screen reapears on your phone just re-click charge phone) and when it is done it will ask you if you want to do a test before you click yes disconect your phone reboot it, connect again in charge mode then click yes and ok to the next message then on your phone you should get a message from the super use app click allow.

righty oh asuming everything has gone well download titanium backup (free or pro, i use free lol) once installed go on it and click problem alow it with the super user, and click 'Problems?' then 'Get busybox'.

after that you'll be able to uninstall stock apps, finaly if you want your apps to gon onto your sd instead of phone memory get link2sd of the andriod market if not don't lol, once you have it go on it allow with super user and click the FAT somthing option sorry can't remember but you can't miss it (bottome one) click ok then you can sellect apps to move to your sd :)

and we are DONE :D hope this helped as I never had anyone explain in depth to me :( lol anyway any problems i'd be more than happy to help out

Enjoy and hope everything goes well for you :D

beerio

Nov 3, 2010
Hey. I think Ihaverooted my phone OK? Now though when I try to download say a installer from the app store I keep getting a application install was unsuccessful message. Anything else I need to do?
NUTTER123 have you ticked - Settings/Applications/Application settings/ Unknown sources

If not, just tick that one, and it should work fine.

Good luck Beerio

Last edited:

nujhum

Jan 24, 2011
Kota Kinabalu
arc-loft.blogspot.com
i've deleted all that listed below from my U20i 2.1.
now, whenever i try to add new gmail account its FC. im wondering which apk did i delete that causing the FC.

geotag.apk
Notes.apk
Sync.apk
SyncWizard.apk
Talk.apk
rollercoaster.apk
geotag.apk
facebook.apk
neoreader.apk
usersupport.apk
SEMCSetupWizard.apk
SetupWizard.apk
SemcEmailSmall.apk
playnowappinstaller.apk
playnowback.apk
playnowclient.apk
Sync.apk
OmaDataserviceProvider.apk
backupandrestore.apk
PcCompanion.apk
Wisepilot.apk
roadsync.apk
NeoReader.apk
officesuite.apk
usersupport.apk

JaffaTB

Oct 22, 2010
Sheffield
SEMCSetupWizard.apk
SetupWizard.apk

you need to setup your market/google account before removing one of these, can't remember which one it is

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 3th March 2011

The modified version of SuperOneclick (for 2.0.2.A.0.24) works also perfect to root the new 2.1.1.A.0.6 firmware. So just download (from this thread).

Big thanks goes to shivenjuneja

Best regards

Beerio

NOTICE! Scroll down for the latest info about SuperOneClick & app2sd

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I spent last few days to find a 100% SAFE list for removal of "unneeded" apps to save memory. But the lists I found so far, are not 100% safe. For example have I encountered problems to use Android Market, Changing to another SIM card, not able to use camera, call list not working and so on.

So now is it time for a 100% safe list!!!

The apps here has been tested and tested again, with change of sim card, languages, restarts, USB, Bluetooth, WiFi and so on. So they are 100% safe to remove. And if there is apps that we dont know what they do, then are they not safe to remove until they been confirmed to be "unneeded" for example the file Telenor_Wrapper.apk many people remove this one but I still havent found a single info what this file do? so it will not be on the safe list because its not safe to remove!.

And the most important, they all have to SAVE ram memory! if it dont save memory dont I find any reason to remove it.

The list will be updated frequently, but NOTICE it takes time to test that the software that is removed DONT have negative effects.

Also NOTICE that this thread is not intended to write questions about "how do I remove apps?", "what folder is that in?" and so on. This thread is only made for people that know how to remove apps and need a 100% safe list to do it.

14th November 2010 - 100% safe remove list.-----------------------------------------------

rollercoaster.apk (Game)

peggle.apk (Game)

edge.apk (Game)

quadrapop.apk (Game)

Wisepilot.apk (GPS software have to subscribe only trial 30days)

roadsync.apk (Synchronization with Microsoft Exchange)

NeoReader.apk (Bar code reader - uninstall and download new version free if you need it)

moxiermail.apk (Similar program as roadsync.apk)

officesuite.apk (Mobile Systems OfficeSuite trial version)

EManual.apk (Sony Ericsson E-manual)
    EManualLauncher.apk

facebook.apk (Facebook app - can be removed and installed again from Android market)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Can be removed but is not on the 100% safe list (See why in description)

playnow
    (Sony Ericsson own Music & Apps store, if removed no Playnow store)
    Remove
    playnowappinstaller.apk
    playnowback.apk
    playnowclient.apk

JapaneseIME.apk
    (Japanese text input, if removed NO japanese input)

chinesetextinput.apk
    (Chinese text input, if removed NO chinese input)

PC companion - remove dop.iso in the /data folder
    (Installs PC companion software on a computer without the need to download it from internet, if removed this option is gone)

Telenor_Wrapper.apk (named WiMP.apk in the latest firmware. Thanks morning_wood for the info!)
    (This is for Telenor subscribers so if you remove it will you have problems if you later will subscribe to Telenor network).

---------------------------------------

UPDATE! 10th January 2010 Will take around 8-40 minutes to do it for a novice user.

IMPORTANT! some of the files are packed with Winrar, so you need it to unpack the apk files. If you dont have it can you download it here for free http://www.rarlab.com/

NOTICE its recommended to do this from a CLEAN install, that means using SEUS and not install new apps before installing the app2sd. But you are free to try it in your own way :) but I cant guarantee that it will not be problems if you do it your way.

IMPORTANT After you installed app2sd so should you NOT REMOVE THE SD-card and then start the phone without the card. And also dont remove the card when the phone is on. Its ok to remove the SD-card when you have the phone turned off (not sure why you should do it, but anyway thats ok).

I have now found a better way, than just remove things from the firmware that can give you problems. This way can you download LOTS of apps without almost any lost of memory! and still if you want more memory can you remove the apps you dont need :) This is how I did it on my xperia x10 mini with a Kingston 16gb class 4 card (got it for only 35$) If you use a 1gb, 2gb, 4gb, 8gb 16gb doesnt matter but use max 1400mb and min 200mb for the ext2 partition to not encounter problems.

I started from a TOTAL clean install I have 150mb Internal storage memory free after the reflash, without removing a single program.

Then did I take out the SD-card from the phone and did all partition work with my computer. You can use Paragon, Mini tool partition (free version) http://download.cnet.com/Partition-Wizard-Home-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html or whatever program you used to.

NOTICE you can also let the SD-card remain in the phone and do all partition work that way. it also works.

1. Make a PRIMARY partition fat32 (let MAX. 1400mb be left for the ext2 partition im using 300mb myself and its more than enough)

2. Make a PRIMARY partion ext2 (Max 1400mb and min 150-200mb)

3. Unzip and copy all contents of app2sd2.1.zip (NOT THE FOLDER, just the files!!!) to your fat32 root partition on your SD card.

After that did I, insert the SD card into the phone, and restarted the phone once. (SKIP this if you use the SD-card still in your phone)

Then is it time to root the phone.

1. Download modified "SuperOneClick".
    2. Enable "USB Debug".
    3. Connect phone to "PC" and select "Charge Phone".
    4. Open "SuperOneClick" and select "Root".
    5. Wait!
    6. When it is done, reboot.

Then...

(Here should you doublecheck that you have USB-debugging activated, and also set the screen timeout to 30 minutes. The reason for that is that when you connect later will the Superuser program popup and show "allow" and you have to press allow before it goes away. Otherwise will it not work. And if you have the screen off when it popups will you miss it. Remember to turn the screen timeout back after everything is done)

then connect phone with the USB-cable and choose CHARGE PHONE

4. Unpack the adb.zip to C:\ (on your computer, so you have a folder called adb with the 3 files inside it.)

Open a Command promt ( NOTICE In Vista & Win 7, should you use elevated "administrator" CMD prompt) and then write cd C:\adb and press enter

Then

5. adb shell (then press enter)

6. You will get a $

7. Type su (press enter) and you will see a #

8. Write sh /sdcard/app2sd.sh (press enter) (NOTICE Between sh and /sdcard is it a space, they should NOT be written together like this sh/sdcard......!

9. In the menu, choose 0 or just press enter directly (press enter)

10. Everything will install and automatically reboot the phone. IMPORTANT remove the usb-cable as soon as the phone close down for reboot. NOT before the phone turns black!!

11. Now can you install Titanium backup Pro, and start to remove the astro file manager, and also remove the apps you dont need like the crappy games and wisepilot (trial) and so on. And a tips is also to remove Google maps, Neoreader, Facebook and then download the software you need and install. This way do you save some extra memory.

More info can be found here but the tutorial dont mention the su command, and without it was I unable to install. There are also some other things that differs, so just use that guide as extra info, NOT as a installation guide.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=800555

Credits goes to wolfilein & tot 31

I have now installed Angry birds, Skype, Astro, QQ, Chinese handwriting & pinyin input, Voice search, Hanping Chinese dictionary and I still have 128mb memory left (compared to before when it went down to under 70mb and that was with lots of apps removed from firmware) NOTICE Now havent I removed a single program and the phone is still quick as lightning!. So this is the way to do it! Dont waste time on removing apps from the firmware, which sometimes gives more problems than gain. Use the apps2sd method instead! and remove only the apps from the 100% safe list. This way will you have a phone that is quick as lightning even with over 25-40 apps installed.

NOTICE If you by acccident or just by being plain stupid :) managed to remove some important .apk files and really dont want to reinstall the firmware!, well dont fear the member Cocker80 have uploaded all the System apps so you can just download the file and then reinstall the ones you deleted (like myself that deleted the youtube and later found out that the new version didnt work on 2.1....haha, dont know if I did it by accident or just plain stupidness) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=838438
    Jaffa TB, have you just removed the Playnow with Titanium Backup? or have you also removed the playnowappinstaller.apk, playnowback.apk in /system/app

used root explorer to move the .apk files from system/app to data/app

then reboot, and when the phone comes back on the apps can be uninstalled from apps list :)

i removed all 3 playnow files (cant remember the exact names)

i've removed a lot of apps this way, my phone is a lot faster and less cluttered now :)
    i use root explorer to copy apk from system/app to data/app

then reboot and you can uninstall from the app list
    I use Root Manager to uninstall the apps

I do not think simply removing the .apk is enough ( in my opinion )
    Good you sorted it out :) and remember that whatever you do DONT remove the vending.apk its not on the safelist and if you remove that one will you for sure not be able to use the Android market at all. And you know that you also have a second choice....Applanet, its a great combination with Android market!