Keyboard help...What's different about GB keyboard?

Search This thread

Dillsnik

Nov 29, 2006
I have to say i don't love this keyboard and frankly it is hard to notice the diff between this and the one that was on here before i flashed GingerBlur ROM

I can't believe there's a Smiley face by default where i would prefer to have a Return key (there's not one there??)

am i missing something...what is everyone else using?

Coming from a hard kybd and having a tough time getting comfortable with the onscreen kybd still

Clienterror

Jun 21, 2010
Quad Cities, Illinois
I have to say i don't love this keyboard and frankly it is hard to notice the diff between this and the one that was on here before i flashed GingerBlur ROM

I can't believe there's a Smiley face by default where i would prefer to have a Return key (there's not one there??)

am i missing something...what is everyone else using?

Coming from a hard kybd and having a tough time getting comfortable with the onscreen kybd still

I agree, I think the gb keyboard is crap compaired to other options available. Also not really a fan of the launcher either :- (

Sent from my Nook Color on Honeycomb 1.1 OC

illmatic416

Dec 9, 2009
Have you tried using the multitouch GB keyboard from the Market aka "Keyboard from Android 2.3"? You can customize the size of the keys and the spacing. I tried to copy the dimensions of my iPhone4 keyboard spacing with it. I believe my settings are, from left to right, 85, 15, 15, 38.

Reactions: a320ca and qq2233

humjaba

Mar 9, 2011
Clemson, SC
Personally I use Better Keyboard. I couldn't get used to swype for typing words like too / to so I went with a multitouch. Better keyboard has better autocorrect than stock or swiftkey, so that's what I went with. Unfortunately you can't turn off the haptic feedback without getting the pay version, but oh well.

qq2233

Dec 15, 2007
Have you tried using the multitouch GB keyboard from the Market aka "Keyboard from Android 2.3"? You can customize the size of the keys and the spacing. I tried to copy the dimensions of my iPhone4 keyboard spacing with it. I believe my settings are, from left to right, 85, 15, 15, 38.

OMG this is so much better! Thanks.

hondaguy

Mar 2, 2006
toronto

i am using this keyboard and love it. how do you change the spacing? i went into the settings and under keyboard appearance every option is greyed out.

Robert_it

Mar 17, 2009
Trescore Balneario (IT)
OMG.... :eek:

I think I FU.. up :eek:

I did install the GB keyboard and the Multi-ling one as well...
Now I am in the situation that ALL my keyboards incl. the SWYPE keyboard have NO enter key but ALL have the ":)" smiley on the enter position ?????

How can I correct this????
Remove ALL keyboards? and reinstall???

To be honest I like the layout and skin on the GB board but to have no enter key is just ridiculous....???

Robert

Techcruncher

Feb 25, 2011
On 'Keyboard from android gingerbread'

if you hold the space bar and pull it up, arrows will appear at the bottom which allow you to move through your text for that one letter you mis-typed.

Reactions: Dillsnik

Dillsnik

Nov 29, 2006
That's great!

You don't know how to get a return key though do you? good when you need to type an address, etc

Dillsnik

Nov 29, 2006
By the way the speech function of this keyboard is awesome

Just used it to send this message and it's flawless

Robert_it

Mar 17, 2009
Trescore Balneario (IT)
I have now used GB keyboard for a few days and realizing that when you write emails the "enter" is present, when you are typing an ""action"(password, search ect.) the enter button changes to a "GO" button and when you SMS it again changes to a ":)" button.....

This is actually pretty cool :cool: but I still miss a hidden "enter" key on the menu?? If anybody reads this with the skills and power it would be great if the "shift" key was changing the smiley to an enter????

Otherwise this is fantastic and I will stick to this keyboard.

Robert

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On 'Keyboard from android gingerbread'

if you hold the space bar and pull it up, arrows will appear at the bottom which allow you to move through your text for that one letter you mis-typed.