[APP] Netflix from LG ROM Dump

Search This thread

eqzgkxokwa

Feb 9, 2011
Mumbai
Could be an interesting way to manage your que on the fly but until netflix fixes their standardization codec issues with android thats probably as far as we are going to get

actorman46

Mar 5, 2011
Ann Arbor
It wouldn't let me watch anything. I got excited for a second. It said "sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. (1005)" I wonder if anyone has any idea's on how to fix this.

Last edited:

Nooter

Dec 6, 2010
Well, at least now I can manage my Queue without worrying about a third-party app stealing my credentials.

Kayak83

Jul 23, 2010

How did you install it? I tried installing it through Root Explorer on rooted stock and got a parsing error. Froyo and above only maybe?

Edit: Installed w/out issue using Root Explorer on my DROID. I can't believe there's still no Netflix queue management other than from 3rd party apps. Although once the streaming gets the "go" button, it'll be a slick app. I was given the option to resume an instant movie I was just watching on my Tivo but it started loading then took my back to the instant queue page.

Last edited:

RileyGrant

Jan 17, 2011
Seattle
The streaming failure has nothing to do with codecs. Netflix has a DRM protection implemented on the app that currently only supports a very limited amount of hand selected processors and firmware. In order to enable streaming were going to have crack the DRM. *braces for a long night*

-Evo-

Reactions: stwallman

wgarrido

Feb 22, 2007
Monterey, CA
www.mobilewill.us
How did you install it? I tried installing it through Root Explorer on rooted stock and got a parsing error. Froyo and above only maybe?

Edit: Installed w/out issue using Root Explorer on my DROID. I can't believe there's still no Netflix queue management other than from 3rd party apps. Although once the streaming gets the "go" button, it'll be a slick app. I was given the option to resume an instant movie I was just watching on my Tivo but it started loading then took my back to the instant queue page.

I used Astro, been using that a lot lately to install apk's works well.

azshorty2003

Mar 7, 2011
It wouldn't let me watch anything. I got excited for a second. It said "sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. (1005)" I wonder if anyone has any idea's on how to fix this.

Same here. Boy does this make me happy though knowing were close to being able, I hope. Been waiting for this app for so long. Dying to see how long ths takes.

erod188

Feb 4, 2011
Man if someone could nail this thing it would be awesome because I'm not buying into the whole thing where I need a new phone with dual core processor. Please someone save us from manipulation

Sent from my bionix powered Vibrant with XDA app.

deadbot1

Feb 3, 2011
Wahpeton, ND
Man if someone could nail this thing it would be awesome because I'm not buying into the whole thing where I need a new phone with dual core processor. Please someone save us from manipulation

You don't need a dual core......you "need" a chip with baked in DRM.....or patience to wait for someone to break the DRM.

Feel saved yet?;)

erod188

Feb 4, 2011
You don't need a dual core......you "need" a chip with baked in DRM.....or patience to wait for someone to break the DRM.

Feel saved yet?;)

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up I was slowly building up some anger but it's all good now. Well I have the patience but my friend us threatening to jump on the HD7 ....his loss

actorman46

Mar 5, 2011
Ann Arbor
If your read some of the other forums it looks like people have a lot of ideas and we might have something soon.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

deadbot1

Feb 3, 2011
Wahpeton, ND
Hey, np. Been wanting netflix fot some time myself, so I keep up on the state of things.

Here's the whole story(as I understand it). Netflix wasn't allowed to put out anything for android or any linux, due to lack of integrated DRM. The new chips that are coming out have a DRM scheme baked in at the hardware level.

What this means for us...gonna have to wait for someone to create a method to lie to the app, telling it that the DRM is present. Also, there will need to be a software based replacement for the DRM module, for decoding the stream.

You would think they would give up on DRM. If they can make it, someone will break it.

Top Liked Posts