[KERNEL][3.15.2011]EB16 Kernels

Search This thread

elstano2k7

Jan 25, 2010
CA.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I read info before downloading and installing... You stated that this fixes the security flaw that when phone boots, system is mounted as read / write.. but after installing kernal problem still remains. Still mounts read and write

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
I read info before downloading and installing... You stated that this fixes the security flaw that when phone boots, system is mounted as read / write.. but after installing kernal problem still remains. Still mounts read and write

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

Then either you didn't flash the kernel or something you have installed is doing it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

onemotodroid

Jul 31, 2010
rom: DR v3 Kernel eb16-working voodoo
installed and running great

battery is as expected - i have a security app (company email) thats running all the time and using up my battery - without that battery would be great

my kernael date is Feb 16
quad score is over 1500+ (just a baseline)

eb16 kernel works best on my phone for some reason - thanks for updating it!!

archalon

Nov 17, 2010
-Is/does it more stable/faster/better on battery life/wash my dishes/beat the wife/kick the dog/rape the cat?
--I don't know. Try and see :)

Flashed over eb01 running VA Green and LauncherPro. It jumped out my hand, kicked the wife, forced the dog to rape the cat, but it still wont wash dishes.

.......I must have done something wrong......

mikejaret

Apr 30, 2010
this did NOT fix my mms or wifi tether problem...anyone have any ideas?

i REALLY need to get these working for business!!!

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
I don't have a problem with either here.

You could always pay for wifi tether if its a business expense.

Reactions: BakaUnchi

BakaUnchi

Sep 23, 2010
<Unchi> btw that EB16 kernel ate my 3g
<Adrynalyne> then your 3G must have been yummy

:confused:

but after re flashing and a 1 min battery pull i nailed 1.8 Mbps from socal to San Fran..... on speedtest

Last edited:

scarfman4

Jan 19, 2011
I just installed it on my EB01 debloated stock w/ voodoo and I still have 3G connection.

Groundhound

Nov 16, 2010
Flashed over SC 2.9.1v and everything looks good. I thought I had a Bluetooth issue at first but un-pairing and re-pairing my headset fixed that.

Last edited:

quarky42

Sep 30, 2008
What is your question, that looks like EB01 kernel.

I have the same version show up:

#cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.32.9 (root@SEI-29) (gcc version 4.4.1 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q3-67) ) #1 Sat Jan 29 15:53:44 KST 2011

So, that really should be showing something different, right? I loaded the new kernel with red CWM. What should I have done instead?

jbjarko

Nov 16, 2010
No 3G here all of a sudden. Flashed EB16 Voodoo last night. Going back to EB01 for now.

jbjarko

Nov 16, 2010
Interesting.

After flashing back to EB01, same problem. I send a text, and it doesn't pop up as a sent message. I've tried like 20 times, and have yet to get anything back saying "hey, why'd you send me 20 texts", so I know it isn't working.

quarky42

Sep 30, 2008
Stuck with 1x also. I noticed the Verizon logo doesn't appear during boot instead I get a nice looking android logo instead.

Guess I am going back to eb01. Is there anything I can pull log wise for the op first?

chargerfn909

Dec 1, 2010
Not noticing any big difference except my battery is draining like a mad man... no wifi phone sat idle 20 minutes and dropped 5%!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, so I made some changes to jt1134's kernel repack scripts, and the eb16 initramfs, and I have something solid, finally.

--Voodoo and non.
    --read only system on boot for extra security, in light of recent malware events.
    --Hotspot monitoring dummy kernel in both versions.
    --Lowmemkiller tweaked.
    --Kernels work for conversion to and from voodoo, as well as boot correctly after data wipe.
    --Using eb16 kernel.

Voodoo
    eb16_voodoo_working.zip

Nonvoodoo
    eb16_nonvoodoo_working.zip

Thanks jt1134 for his awesomeness, and micellis for his testing.

This should answer most concerns.

-Whats different?
    --Its newer and has a dummy hotspot monitoring module in it.

-Can I flash it over xxxx?
    --Flash it over any Froyo except aosp. No, superclean doesnt contain any of these kernels.

-Is/does it more stable/faster/better on battery life/wash my dishes/beat the wife/kick the dog/rape the cat?
    --I don't know. Try and see :)
    Do I have to disable lagfix before flashing this?

If you are already on voodoo you should be fine to leave in enabled when you flash another voodoo kernel.
    Screen shot showing the correct version if anyone is wondering. Holy crap my blue tooth just turned on!

Thanks for another great working kernel.
    Has anyone tried this with EC01? I had the best battery life with this kernel and frankenclean, but I'm not sure how this would work, especially with the rom designation probably was masked to protect the leaker.

I am running both right now. I get better consistency on signal strength and battery life than I do with the EC10 kernels.

Sent from my Fascinate
    EC01 rom & radio
    EB16 voodoo kernel