Any way there is a new build this one is based on the latest and greatest from CM 7.1. the download link is below.
Privacy mode permissions:
- NEW! READ_LOGS - If enabled attempts to read logs will return nothing but will not crash the app.
- NEW! READ_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS - If enabled it will return the default bookmarks as you have never changed them and empty history.
- READ_PHONE_STATE - You can now make your device return anonymized data from the methods protected with READ_PHONE_STATE permission.
There is a demo app you can use to see the effect of the privacy mode and revoking. Run the app revoke or make private run the app again.
Currently there is no READ_LOGS demo.
- Some applications may not work properly with revoked permissions.
- You CAN'T revoke permission of SYSTEM applications!
- If an application is running changing some permissions like say INTERNET will not be fully applied until the application is restarted.
- Google apps are not included. You need to download them separately and flash them right after the ROM.
- You uses it at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible for the consequences.
Some technical stuff:
If an application checks for its permissions it will appear that all required permissions are granted. This is done to keep some ad networks code happy. As far as I've tested this is safe since the permission check is done at the remote end of the call when protected method is invoked. Please report your findings.
direct link: update-pffmod-0.9.1-DesireHD-DEV-20110418-signed.zip storage provided by: http://onlinestoragesolution.com
direct link: update-pffmod-0.9.0-DesireHD-DEV-20110328.2-signed.zip storage provided by: http://onlinestoragesolution.com
update-pffmod-0.9.0-DesireHD-DEV-20110327-signed.zip - broken don't use