Removing the music bar and power settings from the top slider (notification bar)

Search This thread

Robokill

Oct 2, 2010
Amsterdam
Recieved my P990 yesterday. But I cannot seem to find the right application to remove to ditch the music bar and power settings from the notification panel.

Already removed the music application etc. (trough titanium backup with root)

Does anyone know what the application is called that shows this. Or is it in the rom and can't it be removed. (which mean I have to put the music app back to make it work and ditch winamp)

lovigui

May 2, 2009
That only works if you didn't remove of freezed the music app. Unfreeze, deselect the option, the musicbar is gone. Freeze or remove the app, the musicbar is there again. I've tried it many times...

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
That only works if you didn't remove of freezed the music app. Unfreeze, deselect the option, the musicbar is gone. Freeze or remove the app, the musicbar is there again. I've tried it many times...

Music bar is managed by the framework.

It is on by default at boot but can be turned off by the Music app. If you remove the Music app it never gets told to "turn off".

Actually, in the framework it appears really easy to totally remove this functionality but will require a patch that I've not worked on yet, and it may require to remove the actual Music app to prevent force closes.

I might have a play with that this weekend.

Reactions: pollie99

maedox

Nov 14, 2008
Oslo
How the hell do you brick a phone by replacing an apk? A brick is what the word suggests; A brick, paperweight etc. Surely you could replace the apk with ADB?

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
How the hell do you brick a phone by replacing an apk? A brick is what the word suggests; A brick, paperweight etc. Surely you could replace the apk with ADB?

It's a paperweight.

I need a nv flash to replace the system.img.

The framework fails to load and a reset command is issued by the system as soon as it boots. I have adb access for less than 3 seconds before the phone restarts and can not issue a stop command before the reset command.

It's not that uncommon really.

maedox

Nov 14, 2008
Oslo
It's a paperweight.

I need a nv flash to replace the system.img.

The framework fails to load and a reset command is issued by the system as soon as it boots. I have adb access for less than 3 seconds before the phone restarts and can not issue a stop command before the reset command.

It's not that uncommon really.

Can't you issue the adb command and it will wait for the device to boot fully and then stop before the reset? Unless you probably already tried it. Best of luck man!

wapz

Jan 20, 2008
Recieved my P990 yesterday. But I cannot seem to find the right application to remove to ditch the music bar and power settings from the notification panel.

Already removed the music application etc. (trough titanium backup with root)

Does anyone know what the application is called that shows this. Or is it in the rom and can't it be removed. (which mean I have to put the music app back to make it work and ditch winamp)

I want to know the exact same. Looked around in secret menu but there was no fix for it. Anybody else have any idea? The music app is annoying since it always seems to start up and sit in memory for no reason :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Open the musicapp and open the settings, there you van disable the player in the notification bar.

Music bar is managed by the framework.

It is on by default at boot but can be turned off by the Music app. If you remove the Music app it never gets told to "turn off".

Actually, in the framework it appears really easy to totally remove this functionality but will require a patch that I've not worked on yet, and it may require to remove the actual Music app to prevent force closes.

I might have a play with that this weekend.