FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Anything related to Sound: features or fix requests. v10: Bass Boost

3,546 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,095

By supercurio, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 12th October 2010, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th March 2011, 12:45 AM |#1681  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
As you stated Supercurio, the volume spike issue for Captivates ended up being a bug in the Suckerpunch kernel. It appears it was a conflict with some of the secondary tweaks in the kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to mkr14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mkr14 Ad-Free

19th March 2011, 01:25 AM |#1682  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 2,270

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkr14

As you stated Supercurio, the volume spike issue for Captivates ended up being a bug in the Suckerpunch kernel. It appears it was a conflict with some of the secondary tweaks in the kernel.

Yep hardcore came back from a break and said as much. I'm on suckerpunch i9000 test beta. Its based on speedmod

Stock JPY, SuckerPunch i9000 beta#1 kernel 1.3ghz, all ext4, JVE GB Modem,
19th March 2011, 01:30 AM |#1683  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Why can't the headphone amplifier go beyond 5dB?
19th March 2011, 02:47 AM |#1684  
OP Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenCarnall

Just tried this out, excellent work here! I love that I can now finally hear both left & right channels of The Beatles when playing through the phone's built in speaker (using forced mono setting).

It would be great if somehow you could set it so the headphone jack was always in stereo, and the external speaker was in forced mono. Like have the choice for both. But as it is it's really useful being able to change it.

Great work supercurio!

v5 fixes something that was a bug in v4.

Now, as intended, Speaker is always mono, Headphones are stereo or mono following the user option.

Doesn't work like that on your phone?
19th March 2011, 03:02 AM |#1685  
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by retskrad

Why can't the headphone amplifier go beyond 5dB?

+6dB is hardware headphone amp maximum gain, but its affected by clear saturation, so I limit the output level in my driver to +5dB, which is already plenty loud.

For hifi line-out-level quality I recommend between +2dB and +4dB.
19th March 2011, 03:10 AM |#1686  
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekkai

Maybe it's a noobish question but :
What the heck is "DAC Direct".

And yeah I read through the first post and wasn't able to find it out ;D

Lol yeah sorry I didn't publish yet a readable Changelog.

DAC direct uses better signal routing in the audio hub hardware itself.

Typical signal path:

DAC => analog channel mixer set to 0dB => headphone amplifier

"DAC direct" signal path:

DAC => headphone amplifier

As a result, the signal path is shorter and affected by less components (despite everything is tightly packed in the same package).

It doesn't make a world of difference but, you know

Measures demonstrating improvements
(mind-blowing for a phone or any portable device... also beats a shitload of audiophile rated dedicated components, especially mobile ones)

http://supercurio.project-voodoo.org...DAC-direct.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to supercurio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supercurio Ad-Free
19th March 2011, 03:14 AM |#1687  
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennishylau

reporting on the volume issue

with cm7 build 1203, bilboa1's 1703 kernel with sound v5 and control app 0.10 the problem seems to be mysteriously solved thank you supercurio

wonder what changes have been made that resolved this problem

Mistakes related to output paths in CM-modified code I guess. Remember its an in-development platform.
19th March 2011, 08:40 AM |#1688  
Flag 13.09°N 80.27°E
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thanks for the new updates supercurio
19th March 2011, 10:00 AM |#1689  
Flag Capelle aan den IJssel
Thanks Meter: 706

More
Have you seen my print screen and logcat Supercurio ?

Edit: The strangest thing happened . Flashed your kernel again only trough odin this time . Reibstalled Voodoo control app and all is fine now !! Really love V5 !!! Awesome work is done here !! From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU !!!!
19th March 2011, 03:10 PM |#1690  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercurio

v5 fixes something that was a bug in v4.

Now, as intended, Speaker is always mono, Headphones are stereo or mono following the user option.

Doesn't work like that on your phone?

I'm on Darky 9.3 with voodoo 5.4.1 - my external speaker has always played only the left audio channel. I tested my wife's SGS on stock 2.2.1 and hers plays standard ' both channels' mono, so it's something to do with the rom/kernal I'm guessing.

I'm forced to use the voodoo app to force mono whenever I want to listen to music on the eternal speaker so I can hear everything. Slightly inconvenient as i forget sometimes. If I can find the problem I'd be SO happy!

(by the way I LOVE the loud environment recording option, and the headphone/line out amplifier)
19th March 2011, 04:40 PM |#1691  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenCarnall

I'm on Darky 9.3 with voodoo 5.4.1 - my external speaker has always played only the left audio channel. I tested my wife's SGS on stock 2.2.1 and hers plays standard ' both channels' mono, so it's something to do with the rom/kernal I'm guessing.

I'm forced to use the voodoo app to force mono whenever I want to listen to music on the eternal speaker so I can hear everything. Slightly inconvenient as i forget sometimes. If I can find the problem I'd be SO happy!

(by the way I LOVE the loud environment recording option, and the headphone/line out amplifier)

Flash the new Voodoo kernel with sound v5. It should be fixed as Supercurio is saying in the post you are quoting. 5.4.1 is the kernel that originally came with Darky 9.3. Since then we had 5.4.2 and now 5.5. Just update the kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
voodoo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)