354 posts
Thanks Meter: 931

By bakpinar, Inactive Recognized Developer on 18th January 2011, 09:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th March 2011, 03:41 AM |#711  
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i have installed the rom cm 6.1.3 in my x10, and i can't make it work, when i had the android 2.1 i installed link2sd and everything worked fine, but in froyo keeps saying: "Mount script cannot be created. mount: No such device or address". i really need help cause this is a great app, and it's help me a lot with the memory space of my phone.

sorry for my english...

19th March 2011, 08:10 AM |#712  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Istanbul

More
UPDATE:
- changed link creation, reboot is not required on Android 1.6 and 2.1 anymore

After linking, reboot and "Market Fix" are not needed anymore on Android 1.6 and 2.1 because the app does not disappear from the system (like 2.2+).
You only need to, if any, re-add the shortcut and the widget of the app to homescreen.

Seem a small change but it is an important improvment.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bakpinar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bakpinar Ad-Free
19th March 2011, 11:47 AM |#713  
Flag Baguio City
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakpinar

UPDATE:

After linking, reboot and "Market Fix" are not needed anymore on Android 1.6 and 2.1 because the app does not disappear from the system (like 2.2+).
You only need to, if any, re-add the shortcut and the widget of the app to homescreen.

WOW!!! your so fast bakpinar Many Thanks for your effort in improving our 2.1 Android

19th March 2011, 12:35 PM |#714  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakpinar

UPDATE:

Awesome job bakpinar! Works like a charm - no reboots any more!

And that's not a small change??? It is one of the biggest and most important improvement since I started using link2sd!
19th March 2011, 02:22 PM |#715  
Flag Kaohsiung
Thanks Meter: 2

More
great job! I can app2sd so smoothly on my xt701 even working android 2.1.
19th March 2011, 03:28 PM |#716  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
My phone's internal memory is less ! Is there any way we can transfer the data files to the memory card...

By the Way The app is GREAT . Thanks !!
19th March 2011, 04:20 PM |#717  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Big thanks Bakpinar for the latest update letting us to avoid the tedious reboot. Cheers!
20th March 2011, 02:18 AM |#718  

More
Wipe dalvik - what happens next?
Hi bakpinar (or anyone else who knows the answer),

Noob here, please forgive the novice question -

But I'm unclear on what would happen if:

I've loaded hundreds of apps and moved them with link2sd.
I then Wipe Dalvik cache with recovery...
Reboot phone...
System starts rebuilding dex files and then runs out of room in dalvik cache after "dexing" only half the apps....
What happens next?

Does link2sd move the dex files as they are created to the ext partition?

Or does the phone just stop building dex files with an error? or ????

What would a noob like me do in this situation to finish building the dex files?

Also, once I've moved an app and its dex, can Titanium Backup still back them up?

Thanks for what looks like a great app!!!
20th March 2011, 02:32 AM |#719  
Flag The Poconos
Thanks Meter: 2,686

More
So... after much reading... i realize i must post...

When the quick reboot feature went in... i used this feature... and had the phone lock-up... i pulled the battery and in the process lost some linked apps...

I have tried using root explorer to delete any mess leftover... and whatever links i could still find... but i get an error when i try to install lost apps... any suggestions on how to fix without a reformat of the sd card?

Sent from my MB508 using XDA App
20th March 2011, 03:29 AM |#720  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Is it possible to change location of SD card? On Archos Internet Tablets there is an internal flash drive which is recognized as an SD card, and there is no way of pointing your program to a real SD card. Thanks.
20th March 2011, 09:56 AM |#721  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Istanbul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1

Is it possible to change location of SD card? On Archos Internet Tablets there is an internal flash drive which is recognized as an SD card, and there is no way of pointing your program to a real SD card. Thanks.

Hi,

To determine the external storage (SD Card) location, Link2SD use Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory, not hard coded "/sdcard".

Can you run "set" command from terminal on your tablet and check EXTERNAL_STORAGE environment varible.
This should be your external card mount point.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
link2sd, link2sd issues

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)