Use Car touchscreen to control EVO

Search This thread

deefortyone

Jun 11, 2010
Now that e have HDMI mirroring I would like to have a way to control my Evo through my cars touchscreen display. I would plug my Evo in via HDMI and maybe USB as well and manipulate the evo on the cars touchscreen?

Any devs wanna take this on?

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
Now that e have HDMI mirroring I would like to have a way to control my Evo through my cars touchscreen display. I would plug my Evo in via HDMI and maybe USB as well and manipulate the evo on the cars touchscreen?

Any devs wanna take this on?

while a very interesting suggestion...
wrong forum. should be in general or Q&A.
or even better, actually IN the HDMwIn thread, perhaps.

ballindroid

Mar 13, 2011
I have an impalla ss 2011 would be great to use on my stering wheel

Sent from my EVO 3D Test model. yes I work with sprint

JoeLithium

Sep 10, 2010
Westhampton Beach
I'd like to be able to drive my car. With my evo.

Now that HDMwIn is out, can I do that?

Also, if someone could develop an application that will telepathically fetch me beer from my fridge from my evo.

Reactions: kingdazy

jcalba89

Jun 29, 2010
Ridgewood, NY
Now you are asking for too much. Cant anyone just be happy with what we have now? Would you own your rooted Evo......or a voicestream nokia phone.

lacrossev

Nov 9, 2008
SF Bay Area
If your car's touchscreen can output its inputs via bluetooth as mouse commands then theres a remote possibility on a non-sense BT stack...but i'm going to guess its not possible due to the evo having no external input methods other than BT via keyboard or mouse, and chances are your touchscreen can't output your touches via bt to another device.

flexgrip

Dec 5, 2007
Haha... thanks for that ground breaking info Rhyda###

Just an idea. They have those "control your phone over vnc" apps. If you hooked up your touch HID to a netbook stuffed under the seat, you could then vnc them to the phone. That would be a huge deal and require a lot of soldering though. And I'm thinking every time you got in the car you would have to spend 20 minutes hooking it all up.

My suggestion would be to sell your touch screen audio system in your car, not put such emphasis on the user experience in a tool that is designed to get you from A to B, and post similar dreams you are having in the right forum sections. I mean, girls aren't impressed with xbox 360s modified with blue LEDs and probably not with touch screen cd players.

(this is all meant as a joke...)

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

skylar.sutton

Aug 28, 2007
Akron, OH
while a very interesting suggestion...
wrong forum. should be in general or Q&A.
or even better, actually IN the HDMwIn thread, perhaps.

JFC I'm so tired of this response. It's in the PERFECT forum. He has a request for the devs, not a question for the devs, and this is the most likely place to get a response.

• Q&A: ZOMGWTFBBQ - I Bricked my phone
  • Dev: Hey devs, I'd like someone to develop...
  • General: Read my angry rant about 4G!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd like to be able to drive my car. With my evo.

Now that HDMwIn is out, can I do that?

Also, if someone could develop an application that will telepathically fetch me beer from my fridge from my evo.