[WARNING] Do not upgrade to the official 2.2, read the explanation, why.

Search This thread

reqmon

Oct 26, 2010
Vilnius
stylemistake.com
This one was a sticky, but got unstuck for some reason, don't know why. Probably is because there is a solution for rooting official 2.2 (Even though it is a hardware one), or is because phones now come with 2.2 pre-installed. Don't really know.

Sticked topic usually has a time limit of stickiness, so it has expired after a month. Now, I think, it should be stickied again and forever, until something happens.

Last edited:

kalitros

Sep 19, 2010
Hi people!!!
Searching on google, I found that unrevoked 3.3 will work on Wildfire froyo 2.2, too!
Is that true?
Has anyone tryed it?

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Hi people!!!
Searching on google, I found that unrevoked 3.3 will work on Wildfire froyo 2.2, too!
Is that true?
Has anyone tryed it?

No, it doesnt. Here's the 3.3 changelog:

*Fix for latest EVO 4G OTA (3.70.651.1) and EVO 4Gs with new versions of HBOOT (2.02 and 2.10).
*Switched exploits for all platforms; hopefully more reliable than rageagainstthecage
*Updated ClockworkMod, with plenty of new features:
3.0.0.2 for EVO 4G, which has a new kernel (for better WiMAX safety), and supports WiMAX key backup
2.5.1.2 for Incredible, which supports SLCD
*No update for Wildfire yet; sorry.

reqmon

Oct 26, 2010
Vilnius
stylemistake.com
An interesting thing, that unrevoked since 3.3 has switched to the new "more reliable" exploit than rageagainstthecage, while they apologize for unexistance of update for wildfire. Is it such a super duper secure phone?

B0RI5

Sep 24, 2010
NDS
Is it only possible with an XTC Clip so far? I don't know anyone who has it and it Is heaps expensive.

*hmpf* cant write you a pm.
I am gonna wait some days for unrevoked... if they find a way to remove the hboot lock, everything is fine. if they dont find a way i am gonna buy a xtc clip.
and hh is next to me :)

but i know... if i buy this xtc clip they will find a way 2 or 3 days later how to unlock the hboot without a clip :D

Last edited:

hashimjamal

Nov 1, 2010
New Delhi
*hmpf* cant write you a pm.
I am gonna wait some days for unrevoked... if they find a way to remove the hboot lock, everything is fine. if they dont find a way i am gonna buy a xtc clip.
and hh is next to me :)

but i know... if i buy this xtc clip they will find a way 2 or 3 days later how to unlock the hboot without a clip :D

hahahaha,

I got my Wildfire S-off by one of the mobile repairing shops in New Delhi for Rs. 500 (approx. $10).

Bori5, you will use xtc clip once and will be useless after setting the Wildfire S-OFF....

so better would be to find any guy in your city with xtc clip and offer him some double cheese pizzas in return.

sayantandas

Sep 17, 2010
London
hahahaha,

I got my Wildfire S-off by one of the mobile repairing shops in New Delhi for Rs. 500 (approx. $10).

Bori5, you will use xtc clip once and will be useless after setting the Wildfire S-OFF....

so better would be to find any guy in your city with xtc clip and offer him some double cheese pizzas in return.

Dude i'm from delhi, tell me the name of the shop and i'll get this hboot off my back asap!! thanks in advance!

Andy2.2

Aug 5, 2010
Belfast
Heh, got my sgs stolen :'( and purchased a wildfire yesterday
saw there was an update available and thought why not
Then I see the root guide and say "Hey this looks easy enough..."
And then with a bit more reading I see this :(
Wish I had never bought this phone, one click root for sgs was a dream

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
Heh, got my sgs stolen :'( and purchased a wildfire yesterday
saw there was an update available and thought why not
Then I see the root guide and say "Hey this looks easy enough..."
And then with a bit more reading I see this :(
Wish I had never bought this phone, one click root for sgs was a dream

Ouughhhhh, that must hurt.

And about that, the change from Galaxy S to Wildfire is a big "downgrade" of speed (and everything), right? But it depends on what you need, I still think Wildfire is a great phone, but Galaxy S (a friend has it) is amazing.

:)

mlotson

Feb 13, 2011
Częstochowa
Htc locked the wf's hboot not without a reason, since we have no possibility for oc, modding etc they tring to force us to buy they new mid-range wf s and annouce wf s as a best seller. :p

Sent from my HTC Wildfire

hashimjamal

Nov 1, 2010
New Delhi
Dude i'm from delhi, tell me the name of the shop and i'll get this hboot off my back asap!! thanks in advance!
Hello,
I dnt remember the name of the shop, but he was a slim sikh guy and his shop is just right to the 4 set of stairs that are in the middle of the mobile mkt (ghaffar mkt).
If u visit d mkt, then i suppose there would be many guys who have got xtc clip.....

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Reactions: kantry123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created this topic for all, who didn't hear about it.

Upgrading your Wildfire to the new HBOOT and 2.21 Froyo (over the air) will result in total immunity to the tools like Unrevoked3. This means, that after upgrading you will not be able to root your phone, push clockworkmod, custom roms, and even if it was rooted before, it unroots and you will not be able to restore 2.1 from backup.

Those, who haven't done any upgrades, can flash a safe ROM or any other Froyo ROM on the rooted phone from sticky threads.

But those, who were successfully moved to the official 2.2 Froyo, have 3 solutions:

1. Wait patiently for the Unrevoked update, which will root the upgraded hboot. But right now (04 Jan 2011) Unrevoked team do not have Wildfires for testing, so development for this phone is suspended for some (long) time.

2. Downgrade. It is actually possible for conservative people, who liked 2.1.
    Unfortunately, i must warn everybody, that this method will not make your phone rootable again because HBOOT doesn't downgrade.
    [GUIDE] A Noobs Guide To Downgrade Wildfire/Buzz 2.2 - 2.1

3. Connect to the development and help others. Currently, we need ideas and, first of all, your comments. Any news about rooting upgraded Wildfire are welcome here.

More info on IRC channel: irc.freenode.net#unrevokedtest

-----
    Useful URLs:
    [GUIDE] A Noobs Guide To Downgrade Wildfire/Buzz 2.2 - 2.1
    [GUIDE] One Click How to Root the Wildfire with Unrevoked 3
    [ROM] All ROMs for Wildfire (newest version) listed by release date.
    yes, this kind of support would help them buy some wildfires :D.
    UnrEVOked forever will NOT work on Wildfire.

It never was nor has ever been developed for the Wildfire.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=752163

It is desgined to work on proper smart phones. Not low end grade Buzz.

It's the same as the main UnrEVOked tool, it was never developed with the intention of working on all android phones.

UnrEVOked is desgined by people for phones such as Evo etc, hence why there has been no immediate update to the Hboot, because it is not there target phone.

If you bothered to read and reasearch you would know this.

People were saying for weeks before Froyo came out that you would most likley lose HBoot.

Now you all have offical Froyo you all want to root and change your ROM's?!?!?!?!

Either go and buy a decent smart phone that people are geniunely intrested in hacking.

Or quit moaning that you have no root option.

Yeah that was helpful. So we need to get something like desireHd to be able to root? Of course unrevoked is directed to High-end devices and those are their priority. But if enough many people want it for wildfire they could hack it, we just have to wait longer...
    Any news about Unrevoked :confused:

No, and No.

I am extremely sure when there is an update, there will be 10 threads proclaiming this.

Till then, look here for updates:
    http://twitter.com/unrevoked
    czesiu, the main feature you gain from rooting is the ability to install CyanogenMod, where's Just-In-Time compilation was enabled in Dalvik, making all the system run twice smoother/faster together with the latest 2.3 Gingerbread :D. Also, you can just root the phone to flash a clean 2.2 froyo safely, like an ota update, but it doesn't modify the hboot, allowing you to root the phone later again.