FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

SBE ltd warranty repair uk (constant restarting)

88 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By shaunbu, Member on 17th March 2011, 03:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just got my phone back (well a brand new one actually) from repair so thought I'd share the experience here in case any one else is thinking of doing it.

My phone was constantly restarting and some research on the inet suggested it needed a new motherboard.
Sent my phone in by recorded delivery had to pay £5.50 to get insurance to cover the cost of the phone but nm.

SBE received it the next working day (7th) and I checked the progress the day after at:
https://extranet.sbe-ltd.co.uk/enduser/index.php
This said:
SBE fault: None
Customer fault: Software (network services)
Or similar and something about repair finished send back to user.

So I phoned them using 01233 619320 to avoid the 0870 number (www.saynoto0870.com) and said that this wouldn't fix the problem and I'd have to pay to send it back to them so they agreed to hold it and said something about submersion testing (no me either) which they said was just longer testing.

A few days later the progress had changed to on hold with team leader. Finally I received a brand new phone today on the 17th. So its taken 10 days but I've got a new phone.

So basically check on their site and phone em and they'll do a proper test and fix your phone properly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaunbu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaunbu Ad-Free
17th March 2011, 04:14 PM |#2  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 422

More
Thanks for sharing this. I have seen recently some bad experiences here on the x10 forum. So thanks for sharing a good story.

Sent from XDA Premium from my X10a rooted running 2.2.1 Cyanogen 6.1.3gingerbreadV1 ROM
17th March 2011, 04:40 PM |#3  
Flag brussels
Thanks Meter: 115

More
i broke my USB too..instead repairing they gave me a new one )
21st March 2011, 06:25 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Wigan

Donate to Me
More
Update: In my excitement and rush to get phone rooted ect before I went away for the weekend I didn't notice all the scratches around the edge and on the middle button and a dent on the top, also quite a bit of force is needed to get the headphones in. The usb mount was also a bit flakey and it stopped recharging (using plug) in the middle of the night. It has restarted for no reason but isn't doing it all the time as before. Lets hope these probs clear up.

It looked new as they had cleaned it up a bit and applied a new screen protector (I was told not to send the back cover in). So in summary a company that doesn't give a sh*t about your phone/customer service just how fast they can do a shoddy repair job and get money off SE who also don't give a sh*t.
21st March 2011, 08:08 PM |#5  
Flag Birmingham, UK
Thanks Meter: 354

Donate to Me
More
Ive sent mine in 3 times for losing network reception occasionally and random reboots.
Each time they just do a software update, screening or some crap like that and send it back!??? WTF!!??
Anyhow, the last repair (3rd one), which was a VIP repair because i put in a complaint was returned to me on saturday 19th with an aerial change.
Im gona give it a couple of days and ring back on Weds for an exchange as the 3rd repair was escalated to VIP and obviously if that didnt fix it a replacement should be in order.
My advice.. after the 2nd repair if unsuccesfull, phone back and demand a replacement and have your case escalated to a higher team. That should get the ball rolling. :)

P.S
Thanks for the number, that 0870 is EXTORTIONATE!!
21st March 2011, 10:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
As a foreigner living in london, I'm kinda worried that when i send my phone to warranty i will never see it again :S
21st March 2011, 10:49 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Wigan

Donate to Me
More
If you send it by recorded delivery you can prove they recieved it so wouldn't worry about that. Yeah they was about to send mine back with a software update until I rang up, so basically everyone needs to ring up to get em to do sumat!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
constant restarting, sbe ltd, warranty repair

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)