FORUMS

[Guide] How to Return to Stock Hboot and Remove Eng Hboot

1,152 posts
Thanks Meter: 77
 
By hispeedworm, Senior Member on 19th March 2011, 07:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2011, 10:28 PM |#11  
hispeedworm's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hispeedworm

ummm that is not possible.... as far as i think so.... but staying S-off via gfree. and keeping the carrier unlocked to CID 1111111 restoring original Hboot and installing a stock rom thats WWE rom and doing an OTA update might be possible but i cannot cannot confirm on that .... you would have to ask the creators of Gfree or mods of Gfree ... if that is possible....

its Kind of a Grey Zone....

it might be possible via the fact that you S-off using gfree... but when your going S-on you restore the partition 7 of a stock desire HD which was factory unlocked with cid htc_001....(you can ask for a partition 7 from someone who had factory unlocked phone) on DHD thread

its very gray zone subject.... might work out perfectly as you want it to.. or you might end up with a brick at your hands .... all depends whether you wanna try it or not

if you do try do post the result here as of what happened. all the best
23rd March 2011, 01:39 PM |#12  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I read in a spanish forum that someone obtained to change CID number in "getprop ro.cid" using easy radio tool v2.2 .

For what I understand, I need to install stock kernel 1.32, than stock Radio (Radio_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26_M ...this one I guess) for baseband 1.32, doing s-off change cid with easy radio tool and then OTA. I'll try.... and will let u know
23rd March 2011, 07:51 PM |#13  
hispeedworm's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti-XRY

I read in a spanish forum that someone obtained to change CID number in "getprop ro.cid" using easy radio tool v2.2 .

For what I understand, I need to install stock kernel 1.32, than stock Radio (Radio_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26_M ...this one I guess) for baseband 1.32, doing s-off change cid with easy radio tool and then OTA. I'll try.... and will let u know

super ... all the best buddy
10th June 2011, 06:35 AM |#14  
Kenzy-FIN's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Hi, Thanks for a great guide. However, it's a little bit confusing - will this work on every factory unlocked Desire Z, which have been shipped before the latest two OTA's (1.72.405.2 & 1.82.405.1)? I don't remember which software version was installed on my phone when I got it. I believe that the WWE-ROMs listed in the other thread are the ROMs for us in Europe?
10th June 2011, 10:45 AM |#15  
hispeedworm's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzy-FIN

Hi, Thanks for a great guide. However, it's a little bit confusing - will this work on every factory unlocked Desire Z, which have been shipped before the latest two OTA's (1.72.405.2 & 1.82.405.1)? I don't remember which software version was installed on my phone when I got it. I believe that the WWE-ROMs listed in the other thread are the ROMs for us in Europe?

hey buddy ...well this guide is to return to your stock Hboot from ENG hboot while keeping root . and its for already rooted phones ...this guide is not for rooting. for that check wiki...

and yes my phone came with 1.34 based rom... and when i rooted it i installed eng hboot on it. later i removed the eng hboot and went back to my stock hboot using this method. and yes i have a factory unlocked desire Z too :P
10th June 2011, 12:06 PM |#16  
Kenzy-FIN's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Yeah, I know this isn't about rooting, but there are several different guides for unrooting devices, which have been rooted in different ways. I rooted my Desire Z with the rollback-method, gfree/eng-hboot etc, so I suppose this method suits for my Desire Z as well. I just wanted to know it for sure to be able to download these files to my server for future use... I'm not going to unroot my phone ever, until I'll sell it to somebody else :P
10th June 2011, 01:52 PM |#17  
hispeedworm's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzy-FIN

Yeah, I know this isn't about rooting, but there are several different guides for unrooting devices, which have been rooted in different ways. I rooted my Desire Z with the rollback-method, gfree/eng-hboot etc, so I suppose this method suits for my Desire Z as well. I just wanted to know it for sure to be able to download these files to my server for future use... I'm not going to unroot my phone ever, until I'll sell it to somebody else :P

yes you can .... but than you would have to restore partition 7 backup via gree and turn S-on to finish Unrooting process
22nd June 2011, 10:01 PM |#18  
pmcqueen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
nice and simple. thanks for the guide.
The Following User Says Thank You to pmcqueen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pmcqueen Ad-Free
23rd June 2011, 12:34 PM |#19  
hispeedworm's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Your most welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcqueen

nice and simple. thanks for the guide.



Sent from my HTC Vision
24th June 2011, 09:55 AM |#20  
Innocent Devil's Avatar
Member
Flag God's own country
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Thanks dude,
Using the same method I updated my hboot from stock [hboot_7230_Vision_HEP_0.85.0005_101011] to hboot_7230_Vision_HEP_0.85.0009_101202 of 1.82.720.1 OTA for India.
The Following User Says Thank You to Innocent Devil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Innocent Devil Ad-Free
24th June 2011, 10:38 AM |#21  
hispeedworm's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocent Devil

Thanks dude,
Using the same method I updated my hboot from stock [hboot_7230_Vision_HEP_0.85.0005_101011] to hboot_7230_Vision_HEP_0.85.0009_101202 of 1.82.720.1 OTA for India.

your welcome
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
desire z, eng hboot, hboot, restore, stock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes