Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2011, 09:05 PM |#4511  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,834

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R^7Z

+1 noticed this as well. Is it possible that the 6.1 ROM included a 2g capable RIL and that the update to a 6.5 ROM included a 3g capable RIL??? Maybe waaay over my head but makes some kind of weird sense, IF this was the case. Definitely would explain some of the weird behaviour, it being intermitent and the likes...

But he was getting no service.

I was just using the knowledge gleaned from WisTilt2 to apply it to this situation... Not sure if that's what was happening, but since Android isn't properly initializing the radio, seems almost anything is possible .

23rd March 2011, 02:43 PM |#4512  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 61

More
is it possible to update (or edit) the network provider list of the phone? is this stored in android or in the radio ROM of the diam100

my problem is, that my phone always uses the O2 Net of slovakia instead of A1 in austria because I am near the border, but signal of A1 is full strenght and O2 is nearly nothing, so i dont understand why its alwas logging into the weak net of slovakia, so i think there must be any priority list somewhere and i would like to change that.

Thanks!
23rd March 2011, 11:47 PM |#4513  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Update RIL
Quote:
Originally Posted by emc02

is it possible to update (or edit) the network provider list of the phone? is this stored in android or in the radio ROM of the diam100

my problem is, that my phone always uses the O2 Net of slovakia instead of A1 in austria because I am near the border, but signal of A1 is full strenght and O2 is nearly nothing, so i dont understand why its alwas logging into the weak net of slovakia, so i think there must be any priority list somewhere and i would like to change that.

Thanks!

Don't know if this works, but on CDMA networks (RAPH 500, RAPH 800) there are provisioning numbers (*228 for me, Verizon) which essentially re-provisions the phone for the network you are at. I don't know what the equivalent is on GSM phones. It updates the PRL and I believe some other network optimizations. I know that if I travel to a different region of the country, I run it to make sure I get better coverage and access to my voicemail/sms/mms notifications faster.
24th March 2011, 08:59 AM |#4514  
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x40sw0n

Don't know if this works, but on CDMA networks (RAPH 500, RAPH 800) there are provisioning numbers (*228 for me, Verizon) which essentially re-provisions the phone for the network you are at. I don't know what the equivalent is on GSM phones. It updates the PRL and I believe some other network optimizations. I know that if I travel to a different region of the country, I run it to make sure I get better coverage and access to my voicemail/sms/mms notifications faster.

and how do i enter them? and is this a permanent manual network selection, or is it set to automatically after reboot?
25th March 2011, 04:35 AM |#4515  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 7

More
OTA programming.
On Verizon we dial *228 (just those numbers); it's an OTA programming feature on our network. I know Sprint and I think Cricket and Metro PCS use something similar though the numbers are different I think.

Like I said, I don't know if there is an equivalent in GSM phones as the way they handle tower lock is very different (1 to 1 on GSM vs 1 to many on CDMA, but slower). I guess it depends on how much stuff your network supports OTA.

I know that I was having some voice and data connectivity issues in xdandroid and then ran the OTA setup. Seemed to stabilize mt 3g settings.
26th March 2011, 03:47 AM |#4516  
Flag Northampton, PA
Thanks Meter: 167

More
New froyo release time! Minor update with backports from gingerbread...
  • Switched to touch-friendly dialer, along with the VGA layout improvements as seen in Gingerbread
  • Added HSPA icon (for GSM models)

Get it at http://files.xdandroid.com/system-FRX06.ext2.zip
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stinebd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stinebd Ad-Free
27th March 2011, 12:29 AM |#4517  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thanks stinebd i am downloading now.I will post some feedback when i try.
27th March 2011, 07:48 AM |#4518  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinebd

New froyo release time! Minor update with backports from gingerbread...

• Switched to touch-friendly dialer, along with the VGA layout improvements as seen in Gingerbread
  • Added HSPA icon (for GSM models)

Get it at http://files.xdandroid.com/system-FRX06.ext2.zip

Decided to test Android a bit since it's spring break time. I'm not experiencing any issues so far. Actually, this seems to fix the issues with Android Market I was having with the previous build, but you don't mention any changes that could've affect that. Mmm, oh well. Actually, I take that back, there is one issue. The screen doesn't turn off completely when going into sleep mode. I don't know if this is just me(assuming it is!), but I am using an HTC Fuze(RAPH110) still .

I dunno, I'll play around with it. Good work on this, though

EDIT: Annnd I'm back! Turns out a clear of data.img fixed the sleep mode issue! Ah, the wonders of that. Anyways, no problems so far with the latest glemson kernel(I believe the latest build was on the 17th of March??)
28th March 2011, 11:29 AM |#4519  
Flag Vienna

More
lcd-density
i've tried to change the lcd-density settings in the startup.txt for my diam100 and it looked very good with a value of about 150 (except the colored top bar, but thats ok).
Problem is, that the symbols on homescreen are smaller, but there is only 4x4 space for icons. Is it possible to get space for 6x6 icons? Where can this be configured?

Thanks!
28th March 2011, 11:38 AM |#4520  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,974

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emc02

i've tried to change the lcd-density settings in the startup.txt for my diam100 and it looked very good with a value of about 150 (except the colored top bar, but thats ok).
Problem is, that the symbols on homescreen are smaller, but there is only 4x4 space for icons. Is it possible to get space for 6x6 icons? Where can this be configured?

Thanks!

You have to download another launcher from the market..
If i remember well adw can have 5x5 on the home screen
About the lcd.density i'd use 160 or 240,don't use other values,as some apps may not work
28th March 2011, 12:33 PM |#4521  
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter88

You have to download another launcher from the market..
If i remember well adw can have 5x5 on the home screen
About the lcd.density i'd use 160 or 240,don't use other values,as some apps may not work

But the original density is 210 on my diam100, with lower values than 190 i get some strange colored bars on selecting an item in setting for example...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)