FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM] - [MikRoms] - [05/08/2011] - MikZ v1.16 - ReEngineered Sense 2.0 - ZzodexzZ

2,812 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,709

Thread Closed Email Thread
26th March 2011, 03:20 PM |#1221  
Flag Layton,Utah (15 Miles North of Salt Lake City)
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytomatoe

From what I put together this morning, not only will the odex create (allow) more space in data because of no need for dalvik, it is a ton faster because of the lack of compression for the odex files, since the classes.dex are no longer in the apk itself. So you get speed and performance.

Edit: that didn't really answer your question...hehe

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Interesting, so are you saying from your research this morning, you have found that Dalvik-Cache is something that arises out of using de-odexed ROMs, and not something that would exist in an odex version of the same ROM? I could see this I guess, since once we rooted our phones and started playing with flashable roms, they were all de-odexed and hense I got used to seeing dalvik-cache on all of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to jklong03 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jklong03 Ad-Free

26th March 2011, 03:43 PM |#1222  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Knoxville USA
Thanks Meter: 6,839

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jklong03

Interesting, so are you saying from your research this morning, you have found that Dalvik-Cache is something that arises out of using de-odexed ROMs, and not something that would exist in an odex version of the same ROM? I could see this I guess, since once we rooted our phones and started playing with flashable roms, they were all de-odexed and hense I got used to seeing dalvik-cache on all of them.

Well, I still don't have a full grasp on it yet. I talked with mik and he answered some questions. I did a little googling too. Stock roms come odexed as far as the system and frameworks go. The odex files are short for optimized dalvik executables. They tell the system what to do. In a deodexed rom, the dalvik virtual machine has to pull/decompile (looking for correct wording) the classes.dex from within each apk at boot up, thus long boot up times. With odex, it cones precompiled and thus need not decompile. The dalvik still exists even in stock roms. It is an android thing. So market apps and data appa still use it. Deodexing just allowed the system and framework files to utilize the dalvik and make theming easier because the apks are more or less all inclusive since the classes.dex are within the apk. So jeff, that is what I gathered. Our mik is changing the game.

Edit: also, the odex files are more device specific and not as easily toyed with. Thats why most devs have used deodexed from the old days. Mik said that the new devices are different. We can do more with them now then we could then. Its time to invent some new creative ways of doing things instead of utilizing the same old tricks over and over. I see it like that.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tommytomatoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tommytomatoe Ad-Free
26th March 2011, 03:47 PM |#1223  

More
Quote:

Well, I still don't have a full grasp on it yet. I talked with mik and he answered some questions. I did a little googling too. Stock roms come odexed as far as the system and frameworks go. The odex files are short for optimized dalvik executables. They tell the system what to do. In a deodexed rom, the dalvik virtual machine has to pull/decompile (looking for correct wording) the classes.dex from within each apk at boot up, thus long boot up times. With odex, it cones precompiled and thus need not decompile. The dalvik still exists even in stock roms. It is an android thing. So market apps and data appa still use it. Deodexing just allowed the system and framework files to utilize the dalvik and make theming easier because the apks are more or less all inclusive since the classes.dex are within the apk. So jeff, that is what I gathered. Our mik is changing the game.

Wow Tommy, you even remembered my name, I am impressed! Sounds like you are still learning, as am I, how our wonderful phone works!! This was a good description and cleared up a few questions, so thanks (button hit).
26th March 2011, 03:51 PM |#1224  
Flag Cape Coral, Florida
Thanks Meter: 630

More
Well I have to ask, how much is everyone paying for a mediafire account? I seen the free one but it only allows you 200mb of storage. Not trying to be nosey just was thinking of opening one. Already have RapidShare and Mega (slow)accounts.
26th March 2011, 03:54 PM |#1225  

More
Quote:

Wow Tommy, you even remembered my name, I am impressed! Sounds like you are still learning, as am I, how our wonderful phone works!! This was a good description and cleared up a few questions, so thanks (button hit).

PS...I sent a few bucks to your water charity just now, good cause!
26th March 2011, 03:59 PM |#1226  
Flag Knoxville USA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59

Well I have to ask, how much is everyone paying for a mediafire account? I seen the free one but it only allows you 200mb of storage. Not trying to be nosey just was thinking of opening one. Already have RapidShare and Mega (slow)accounts.

Mediafire is unlimited. 200mb is the limit per file...

The Following User Says Thank You to tommytomatoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tommytomatoe Ad-Free
26th March 2011, 04:02 PM |#1227  
Flag Knoxville USA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

PS...I sent a few bucks to your water charity just now, good cause!

Awesome! Thank you. In high school we did a little awareness night for this cause. Its amazing how much they've accomplished in just a few years. This kind of work is my ultimate goal.

The Following User Says Thank You to tommytomatoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tommytomatoe Ad-Free
26th March 2011, 04:14 PM |#1228  

More
Quote:

Awesome! Thank you. In high school we did a little awareness night for this cause. Its amazing how much they've accomplished in just a few years. This kind of work is my ultimate goal.

Cool, they just sent me a tax receipt as well! Obviously a well run, viable charity that I will keep in mind for future donations once my first $B is in the bank
26th March 2011, 04:15 PM |#1229  

More
Quote:

Mediafire is unlimited. 200mb is the limit per file...

Yup, I have well over 200mb total on my account, and since even a fully loaded ROM is less than 200mb, mediafire is the way to go for free hosting of our files!
26th March 2011, 04:36 PM |#1230  
Flag Cape Coral, Florida
Thanks Meter: 630

More
ROFLMAO!! I forgot I already have a mediafire account. God I deserve a "FacePalm"

Quote:

Yup, I have well over 200mb total on my account, and since even a fully loaded ROM is less than 200mb, mediafire is the way to go for free hosting of our files!

26th March 2011, 04:51 PM |#1231  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59

ROFLMAO!! I forgot I already have a mediafire account. God I deserve a "FacePalm"

Here's your sign (even a double one ):
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread