13,194 posts
Thanks Meter: 39,783

Thread Closed Email Thread
24th March 2011, 04:48 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD

Guys relax... please wait for some time I will update/add files for cm7rc2-v011 tonite...

OT: watching cricket world cup quarter final match :P

sent from FreeX10_beta4+CM6 settings

Doomlord, why does the script for CM7.0 v010 works for me on v011? Can you explain that?

Cheers
X

Sent from my ARCified X10i with CyanogenMod 7.0 RC2 2.3.3 or 6.1.3 2.2.1

24th March 2011, 09:07 PM |#122  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xperia84

Doomlord, why does the script for CM7.0 v010 works for me on v011? Can you explain that?

Cheers
X

Sent from my ARCified X10i with CyanogenMod 7.0 RC2 2.3.3 or 6.1.3 2.2.1

ok wait i will try n explain this...

* every version of flashtool is coming up with different recovery locations & chargemon files
  • flashtool v0.2.8 installs recovery @ /system/recovtools/ & the 'reboot file' is /data/local/tmp/flashtool
  • flashtool v0.2.9 installs recovery @ /system/recovery/ & the 'reboot file' is /data/local/tmp/flashtool
  • flashtool v0.2.9.1 installs recovery @ /system/recovery/ & the 'reboot file' is /data/local/tmp/recoveryboot, additionally newer code has been introduced to check for 'custom kernel booting file' /data/local/tmp/kexecboot

so i hope this clears up stuff on wht is different in each flashtool...

now as for CM7RC2 versions...
  • all CM7RC2 versions have the recovery @ /system/recovery/
  • v008-v010a do not implement 'reboot into recovery' option hence the chargemon script in those roms dont check for the 'reboot file'
  • v011 implements 'reboot into recovery' option and is based on flashtool v0.2.9.1 so the chargemon script in checks for the 'reboot file' @ /data/local/tmp/recoveryboot and for 'custom kernel booting file' @ /data/local/tmp/kexecboot

now the universal script (v1) which i put here is by itself complete and is based on flashtool v0.2.9 and checks for the 'reboot file' @ /data/local/tmp/flashtool but doesnt check for any 'custom kernel booting file' as this has been recently introduced... so the v1 script will work fine for getting into recovery the normal way, or using 'reboot into recovery' script but it does not have the implementations to execute code for custom kernel booting...

i will be uploading a newer update.zip which will introduce the check for 'custom kernel booting file' and will be based on flashtool v0.2.9.1

hope i have cleared some confusion and not made it worse
The Following User Says Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
25th March 2011, 10:02 PM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
could we not some how twist this into a widget that will reboot into a Rom on the SD card like free x10 started?

Sorry if its a stupid question :)
25th March 2011, 10:12 PM |#124  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kommonk

could we not some how twist this into a widget that will reboot into a Rom on the SD card like free x10 started?

Sorry if its a stupid question :)

are u talking about having an app for this?
already working on it with lots of help from MrHassell (he is making the app)...

or are u talking about dual-booting?
27th March 2011, 04:58 AM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Forgot to mention; I used the 2.1 version with EW latest arc+TimeScape rom. Works but I had trouble at the start cause I had used older flash tool to install recovery on the previous rom. Glad someone is working to streamline all of this into one universal solution.

Sent from my X10a running EW Jet Black V010.xArc(TimeScape)
27th March 2011, 02:38 PM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD

are u talking about having an app for this?
already working on it with lots of help from MrHassell (he is making the app)...

sweet, any idea if its going to be able to be completely universal or need radio buttons or something to choose various scenarios ? something a little like in the attached pic.

should be a sweet/handy app when its ready.

I'm looking forward to it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dlxrec.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	553308  
The Following User Says Thank You to away For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift away Ad-Free
27th March 2011, 02:52 PM |#127  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by away

sweet, any idea if its going to be able to be completely universal or need radio buttons or something to choose various scenarios ? something a little like in the attached pic.

should be a sweet/handy app when its ready.

I'm looking forward to it

ya we are trying to make it universal (for all Xperia, android devices which use the boothijack file /system/bin/chargemon)

right now we are calling it "SE Xperia Reboot Options" (may change)

as for various scenarios we have the following options:
  • Device
  • Recovery
  • Custom BootKit
the the button can be "Reboot"/"Go"

it will have both an app drawer application as well as a widget...

we are also thinking of adding an option to install/uninstall the chargemon add-on (i.e. the app will itself modify the chargemon file, so the user need not use any other update.zips)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
27th March 2011, 03:01 PM |#128  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 346

More
Thanx!! Good job!
27th March 2011, 09:43 PM |#129  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Angry for other Xperia android devices
hey guys if u have other Xperia android device (other than X10) please keep track of the following thread:

X8:
[Script] Reboot into xRecovery from OS <for X8> {need testers}

X10 Mini:
[Script] Reboot into xRecovery from OS <for X10 Mini> {need testers}

X10 Mini Pro:
[Script] Reboot into xRecovery from OS <for X10 Mini Pro> {need testers}
28th March 2011, 07:22 AM |#130  
Olympia
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Do we know if this works on cm 6.1. V053 by wolfbreak?

Sent from my X10a running CM 6.1.3 V4.4
28th March 2011, 08:16 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sry, failed post
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread