Originally Posted by Xperia84
Doomlord, why does the script for CM7.0 v010 works for me on v011? Can you explain that?
Sent from my ARCified X10i with CyanogenMod 7.0 RC2 2.3.3 or 6.1.3 2.2.1
ok wait i will try n explain this...
* every version of flashtool is coming up with different recovery locations & chargemon files
- flashtool v0.2.8 installs recovery @ /system/recovtools/ & the 'reboot file' is /data/local/tmp/flashtool
- flashtool v0.2.9 installs recovery @ /system/recovery/ & the 'reboot file' is /data/local/tmp/flashtool
- flashtool v0.2.9.1 installs recovery @ /system/recovery/ & the 'reboot file' is /data/local/tmp/recoveryboot, additionally newer code has been introduced to check for 'custom kernel booting file' /data/local/tmp/kexecboot
so i hope this clears up stuff on wht is different in each flashtool...
now as for CM7RC2 versions...
- all CM7RC2 versions have the recovery @ /system/recovery/
- v008-v010a do not implement 'reboot into recovery' option hence the chargemon script in those roms dont check for the 'reboot file'
- v011 implements 'reboot into recovery' option and is based on flashtool v0.2.9.1 so the chargemon script in checks for the 'reboot file' @ /data/local/tmp/recoveryboot and for 'custom kernel booting file' @ /data/local/tmp/kexecboot
now the universal script (v1)
which i put here is by itself complete and is based on flashtool v0.2.9 and checks for the 'reboot file' @ /data/local/tmp/flashtool
but doesnt check for any 'custom kernel booting file' as this has been recently introduced... so the v1 script will work fine for getting into recovery the normal way, or using 'reboot into recovery' script but it does not have the implementations to execute code for custom kernel booting...
i will be uploading a newer update.zip which will introduce the check for 'custom kernel booting file' and will be based on flashtool v0.2.9.1
hope i have cleared some confusion and not made it worse