[NIGHTLY][ROM][GRJ22] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Vega | Android 2.3.4

Search This thread

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
What are nightly builds?
Nightly builds are automated builds from latest cyanogenmod sources. they are not tested in deepth like RC's or stable versions. In most cases they work without any issues. Thats because all patches get reviewed before they are merged into sources - this way, merging of bad code doesnt happen very often.

Since vega does not have official nightly status yet, i do semi-official builds for you on a semi regular basis. We will get official nightlies, once bluetooth is working - but that is a pretty complicated issue.

Vendor vega
The vendor vega is currently for Advent Vega and PoV Mobii devices. There might be more added later on.

Official nightly mirror
http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=vega

Update 31.05.2011
buildbot had a hdd crash, and it can take some more days until nightlies are back online. that long, i might post semi-official nightlies here.

mirror1: cm_vega_full_teamdesire-20110531-1412.zip size: 66M (68406215 bytes)
mirror2: cm_vega_full_teamdesire-20110531-1412.zip md5sum: 3b8bb1c21cb7c992927566a609a8c21d

Nightly changelog
http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=vega

Nightly install instruction
Coming from another rom?
  • Do a full wipe in clockwork mod recovery
  • Install latest nightly build from here
  • Flash latest gapps from here
  • reboot
  • do the first-time-run-setup wizard
  • if you dont use gsm/phone, reboot to recovery and flash attached vega-phone-removal.zip - saves battery

Upgrading from older nightly?
  • Just flash latest rom from here in clockworkmod recovery
  • No need to wipe or flash gapps again, if you done on first install
  • In rare cases you will encounter bugs, noone else encounters - wipe then and do a fresh install
  • In at least 99% no wipe needed - there are known people not having wiped for at least half a year
  • Doing a nandroid backup before upgrading is always a wise idea, in case something goes wrong
  • if you dont use gsm/phone, flash attached vega-phone-removal.zip - saves battery
  • reboot to your updated rom and enjoy

Overclocking instructions
use settings->cm settings->preformance->cpu settings to switch frequencies. optionally use setCPU and similar tools.

USB Host mode instruction
to enable usb host mode for keyboard, mouse and other support, power device off. power it back on. once the screen gets lit, press and hold back key until device is booted (you see the homescreen or lockscreen). now you can connect various usb devices.

clockworkmod 3 for vega
with nightly 61 and later, use rom manager to flash latest stable recovery.

List of known bugs
This is a list of cm7 bugs specific to vega - i wont cover cm7 general bugs here, since they are covered on other places. Feel free to discuss them here, thats what this thread is for.

• no legacy a2sd yet - working on it
  • power->reboot->recovery doesnt work and power->reboot->bootloader should be removed

Removed Themes
To save space, we had to remove the two cm included themes. If you want them, just download them here and install like any other app.
mirror1: Cyanbread.apk size: 3.6M (3748359 bytes)
mirror2: Cyanbread.apk md5sum: a6963767a063a888536bc470569dcb54

mirror1: Androidian.apk size: 4.0M (4192665 bytes)
mirror2: Androidian.apk md5sum: 6657fa2e31c5a86ec5bdb03ac6e72a65

Removed Wallpapers
To save space, we also removed CMWallpapers app. To reinstall them on data partition, download this app and install like any other app.

mirror1: CMWallpapers.apk size: 6.0M (6248124 bytes)
mirror2: CMWallpapers.apk md5sum: b0d02c6eb75e39b7aa0b77e5cee20ace

Attachments

• vega-phone-removal.zip
    123.5 KB · Views: 3,830
Last edited:

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
This seems really sweet!

I have some questions:

1) Can the soft buttons be placed further away from each other? Unlike the Nook Color, the Advent Vega has a screen with touch registering issues and it's probably easy to misclick buttons if they're in the normal disposition.
2) What's the "encore" release for?

Danke für die Anstrengung! :)

Last edited:

dkampo

Dec 28, 2009
Hi i tried to install CM7 before the version b2 and now this one and both stuck at the boot screen with android and the arrow makes circles. Do i miss something? i tried full wipe + format sd but still nothing. I must wait longer than 20 min?
Any suggestions

Thank you

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Hi i tried to install CM7 before the version b2 and now this one and both stuck at the boot screen with android and the arrow makes circles. Do i miss something? i tried full wipe + format sd but still nothing. I must wait longer than 20 min?
Any suggestions

Thank you

Same here. Full wipe of data, cache, dalvik cache.

Waited 40 minutes but system does not boot. Only arrow making circles. Restart did not help either.

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Welcome to Vega Murdock, remember you from my DesireHd Nightly days. Whats up with these two zips? One is the rom and one addons?

mad-murdock

Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
This seems really sweet!

I have some questions:

1) Can the soft buttons be placed further away from each other? Unlike the Nook Color, the Advent Vega has a screen with touch registering issues and it's probably easy to misclick buttons if they're in the normal disposition.
2) What's the "encore" release for?

Danke für die Anstrengung! :)

with the big buttons (much bigger as on default cm7), i dont have any issue to hit what i want. dont want it even bigger.

Same here. Full wipe of data, cache, dalvik cache.

Waited 40 minutes but system does not boot. Only arrow making circles. Restart did not help either.

zero idea. works here. gotta point bumble bee to this. you did take the vega build and not flash the encore build?

Welcome to Vega Murdock, remember you from my DesireHd Nightly days. Whats up with these two zips? One is the rom and one addons?

still having and hugging my desire hd :)

encore = nook color
vega = vega + mobii

i just copied that post from the nook color thread where this is all discussed.

please discuss overall issues (non-vega-related) on nook color thread

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
zero idea. works here. gotta point bumble bee to this. you did take the vega build and not flash the encore build?

Yes, I checked the file on my SDcard its the Vega file. I checked as well the build.prop and updater-script, it says definitely Vega.

When I am back home tonight I will reflash stock ROM to recover and retry flashing your ROM.

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
The Vega rom boots and runs nice. Its very odd having statusbar going from bottom to top but very cool. Nice work. Now back to testing

Just one question, why did you post Nook Colour rom here? Encore is Nook, right?
Maybe we could have multi language, would be nice

Edit. You answered before i posted, im to slow

Last edited:

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk

The Vega rom boots and runs nice. Its very odd having statusbar going from bottom to top but very cool. Nice work. Now back to testing

Just one question, why did you post Nook Colour rom here? Encore is Nook, right?
Maybe we could have multi language, would be nice

Edit. You answered before i posted, im to slow

Does the ROM require EXT2/3/4 on the SD card? I don't have it and this is the only thing I can think about at the moment which might be different.

The ROM comes with its own kernel? I had before installed [KERNEL] Buzz Vega | .32.35 | CIFS | TUN | EXT4 | SLAB | NOOP | WiFi | NTFS | HOST/SLAVE | 0.7, Updated 25/03/11 from buzzing bee. But that should have been overwritten when I flash your ROM.

Last edited:

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Does the ROM require EXT2/3/4 on the SD card? I don't have it and this is the only thing I can think about at the moment which might be different.

The ROM comes with its own kernel? I had before installed [KERNEL] Buzz Vega | .32.35 | CIFS | TUN | EXT4 | SLAB | NOOP | WiFi | NTFS | HOST/SLAVE | 0.7, Updated 25/03/11 from buzzing bee. But that should have been overwritten when I flash your ROM.

I came from CorvusVega rom but as long as you wipe everything cache,dalvik,system,data,boot, it shouldnt be a problem. I hate that we cant get in to recovery from off position. If thats possible to do with some hack that should be the next big thing

mad-murdock

Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
new build, new features, new links - updated first post.
and yes, its buzz kernel - no idea if he made slight modifications, but its the same guy responsible for buzz kernel and vega cm7 target.

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Got the ROM finally working, maybe during 1st flash something went wrong.
Its still the old version, new version is still downloading (terrible slow connection here in China).
I installed it on a Viewsonic Viewpad 10s, which is the Vega but with build in 3G card. Unfortunately the card is not working. when I go to the settings -> Wireless & network settings -> Mobile networks, I can enable data communication, but he does not find any provider and the signal in the task bar shows no signal.
In the stock 1.09 ROM its working without any problems.

Will download latest version, test again and report here.

mad-murdock

Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
Does this means we can do the switch to host mode by the back button trick?
Can anyone try?
Thanks!

should work. feel free to flash another kernel over this. changes are not kernel related.

current build got some minor bugs which I fix when I get back tonight. mainly the new soft button. check nook color thread for details

Morsed by hitting a plastic pipe with my Desire HD. Excuse typos.

Reactions: Harplo

Lennyuk

Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
I believe this rom will have the same kernel as Bumble-Bee's CM7 build, so no host and no a2sd!

However I have asked BB to make a new kernel so hopefully he will do this asap.

Harplo

Jan 10, 2011
Barcelona
Great Rom!! Thanks for sharing your work & time with us.

Thinks I like.
CM7 Booting image
CM7 look & tweaks
CM7 Table tweaks, especially bottom bar.
Host mode working. N1!

Don't like:
The bar buttons. Really don't like them.Any change of changing them? I know it's a silly thing but them seem huge to me.

Bugs I found:
Default Keyboard going on and off every time I press a key. Annoying.
Wifi disconnecting randomly and not reconnecting in a while.
Touch Screen not responding until I change orientation. Weird.

Thanks!

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Great Rom!! Thanks for sharing your work & time with us.

Thinks I like.
CM7 Booting image
CM7 look & tweaks
CM7 Table tweaks, especially bottom bar.
Host mode working. N1!

Don't like:
The bar buttons. Really don't like them.Any change of changing them? I know it's a silly thing but them seem huge to me.

Bugs I found:
Default Keyboard going on and off every time I press a key. Annoying.
Wifi disconnecting randomly and not reconnecting in a while.
Touch Screen not responding until I change orientation. Weird.

Thanks!
We are all diffrent i like the soft buttons. about keyboard going on and off try moving soft buttons to right side and remove quick notification button. That fixed it for me. The buttons can be changed back later than it will work as it should. But i think theres some strange behavior from quick notification button, for example when pressing it it shuts down the screen it dont answer to any touches only on soft buttons, so i have to press the statusbar up and from there press the back button then it wakes up. I dont know, maybe its supposed to be like that.

Reactions: Harplo

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Very nice ROM. Flashed it last night and seems to work nice. The buttons work great.
However i have a performance issue. A couple of minutes it works very smooth and then it freezes for a while and then continues. Still have the problem after a couple of reboots and after using it for a few hours.

second i installed the gapps that are available for CM7 (the metapackage wich should also work for tegra based devices). I can download apps, but then i cannot see in the market as downloaded.

I came from Modaco r8 and did a full wipe before installing.

Keep up the good work.

EDIT: When the screen freezes only the statusbar and the buttons are responding on touches. The rest of the screen does not respond. The screen will respond again when i change the orientation of the screen (i.e. from landscape to portrait and back to landscape).

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What are nightly builds?
    Nightly builds are automated builds from latest cyanogenmod sources. they are not tested in deepth like RC's or stable versions. In most cases they work without any issues. Thats because all patches get reviewed before they are merged into sources - this way, merging of bad code doesnt happen very often.

Since vega does not have official nightly status yet, i do semi-official builds for you on a semi regular basis. We will get official nightlies, once bluetooth is working - but that is a pretty complicated issue.

Vendor vega
    The vendor vega is currently for Advent Vega and PoV Mobii devices. There might be more added later on.

Official nightly mirror
    http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=vega

Update 31.05.2011
    buildbot had a hdd crash, and it can take some more days until nightlies are back online. that long, i might post semi-official nightlies here.

mirror1: cm_vega_full_teamdesire-20110531-1412.zip size: 66M (68406215 bytes)
    mirror2: cm_vega_full_teamdesire-20110531-1412.zip md5sum: 3b8bb1c21cb7c992927566a609a8c21d

Nightly changelog
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=vega

Nightly install instruction
    Coming from another rom?
    • Do a full wipe in clockwork mod recovery
    • Install latest nightly build from here
    • Flash latest gapps from here
    • reboot
    • do the first-time-run-setup wizard
    • if you dont use gsm/phone, reboot to recovery and flash attached vega-phone-removal.zip - saves battery

Upgrading from older nightly?
    • Just flash latest rom from here in clockworkmod recovery
    • No need to wipe or flash gapps again, if you done on first install
    • In rare cases you will encounter bugs, noone else encounters - wipe then and do a fresh install
    • In at least 99% no wipe needed - there are known people not having wiped for at least half a year
    • Doing a nandroid backup before upgrading is always a wise idea, in case something goes wrong
    • if you dont use gsm/phone, flash attached vega-phone-removal.zip - saves battery
    • reboot to your updated rom and enjoy

Overclocking instructions
    use settings->cm settings->preformance->cpu settings to switch frequencies. optionally use setCPU and similar tools.

USB Host mode instruction
    to enable usb host mode for keyboard, mouse and other support, power device off. power it back on. once the screen gets lit, press and hold back key until device is booted (you see the homescreen or lockscreen). now you can connect various usb devices.

clockworkmod 3 for vega
    with nightly 61 and later, use rom manager to flash latest stable recovery.

List of known bugs
    This is a list of cm7 bugs specific to vega - i wont cover cm7 general bugs here, since they are covered on other places. Feel free to discuss them here, thats what this thread is for.

• no legacy a2sd yet - working on it
    • power->reboot->recovery doesnt work and power->reboot->bootloader should be removed

Removed Themes
    To save space, we had to remove the two cm included themes. If you want them, just download them here and install like any other app.
    mirror1: Cyanbread.apk size: 3.6M (3748359 bytes)
    mirror2: Cyanbread.apk md5sum: a6963767a063a888536bc470569dcb54

mirror1: Androidian.apk size: 4.0M (4192665 bytes)
    mirror2: Androidian.apk md5sum: 6657fa2e31c5a86ec5bdb03ac6e72a65

Removed Wallpapers
    To save space, we also removed CMWallpapers app. To reinstall them on data partition, download this app and install like any other app.

mirror1: CMWallpapers.apk size: 6.0M (6248124 bytes)
    mirror2: CMWallpapers.apk md5sum: b0d02c6eb75e39b7aa0b77e5cee20ace
    3g Testbuild for HUAWEI

Here it is: :)

CM7 Nightly Testbuild from 06. July 2011 with functional 3g and GPS for Tablets with the embedded HUAWEI EM770W card.
    mirror

This should also work with many Huawei USB-Dongles except GPS.

cu. Rebel1
    why no new nightly updates?
    well, for one, bumble-bee is still figuring out the bluetooth issue. i guess he has help from fun_... i myself got sick of it and remembered, why i prefer coding instead of hardware modifying... so i start to work on tablet tweaks again... doing this, i will post a test-build each day, which is also a nightly build. was busy the last days (busy weekend), but am looking forward to code the first part on monday - then i will build test-roms for all 3 tablet devices.

so its no use to build a new nightly today?

regards
    murdock
    In the last few updates in the My Apps section it shows no downloads. If I clear data for the market in settings - Applications then its ok for a short while but they eventually dissapear again. Does this happen for everyone?

sorry, I noticed when I fixed market purchase issue, I removed necessary line :(
    please try to add following line to /system/build.prop
    Code:
    ro.sf.lcd_density=161
    it should be fix asap...
    I hope you find some time to include the necessary code changes soon :)

I hope the same...

Sadly the link is down for the hacked nightly, can someone upload the 3g-test release somewhere please!?

Copy&Paste --> megaupload.com/?d=WOS1VK7I