OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 39,783

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monopolo

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

ok... so why did u quote such a long post?
without actually commenting on it?
28th March 2011, 08:28 AM |#133  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realorasz

Do we know if this works on cm 6.1. V053 by wolfbreak?

Sent from my X10a running CM 6.1.3 V4.4

yes it should work... have i have tested it myself.. use the following file: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post12220660
The Following User Says Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
29th March 2011, 07:20 AM |#134  
Olympia
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Cool, it does. Thanks a million.

From my X10a running WB CM 6.1.3 V053
29th March 2011, 10:02 AM |#135  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
guys i have just finished creating a script which will do all the modifications to the chargemon file (without replacing the whole file with a preconfigured one)... (its a text search & replace script)... so we are approaching an easier way to install/uninstall this 'reboot into recovery from OS' add-on... also it will be compatible with all Xperia android phones (X10, X8, X10 mini, X10 mini pro)...

i will release it tonight (its afternoon here)...

additionally MrHassell is hard at work with creating the app for this and let me tell u he has put in a lot of time and effort into it... we hope to release it soon for testing...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
30th March 2011, 12:09 AM |#136  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Angry [Universal] for ALL ROMs / ALL Xperia Android devices with any Recovery
[*] THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL[*]

This should work on ALL ROMs and ALL Xperia Android devices (X10, X8, X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro) and ANY RECOVERY (xRecovery / FreeXperia)

PLEASE MAKE A FULL XRECOVERY/NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE TRYING ANY SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS LIKE THIS

Additionally please make certain that u can use flashtool to flash a stock FW incase u run into any problems and that the device is fairly charged >50% battery before trying this.

the attached file is an update.zip flashable thru xRecovery/Recovery

this contains GScript Lite, and it gets installed as a system app... so if u
already have it installed, i recommend u uninstall it before flashing this...

it contains 3 scripts:
  • add-on_installer.sh
  • add-on_uninstaller.sh
  • reboot_recovery.sh

they will be put on the /sdcard/gscript/ folder automatically so that gscript lite can immediately find it...

Installation Steps:

[1] flash update.zip thru xRecovery/Recovery

[2] to install add-on: just launch the app and click on "Load File" and select add-on_installer.sh all the contents will load automatically... u need to make sure that the option "Need SU?" is checked (ticked)... now save and run this script ONLY ONCE... there might be a popup for SU permissions, select "Allow"... u will see the outputs of each step in the installation process...

[3] to use the reboot option/script: just launch the app and click on "Load File" and select reboot_recovery.sh all the contents will load automatically... u need to make sure that the option "Need SU?" is checked (ticked)... now save... u can now create a shortcut on the homescreen to GScipt Lite and select the reboot_recovery script... if u try running the script a popup for SU permissions might come up, this will only come the first time its run, select "Allow" and then ur device will reboot into recovery...

thats it! now whenever u want to reboot into recovery just launch the shortcut!!!

To Uninstall Add-on:
just launch the app and click on "Load File" and select add-on_uninstaller.sh all the contents will load automatically... u need to make sure that the option "Need SU?" is checked (ticked)... now save and run this script ONLY ONCE... there might be a popup for SU permissions, select "Allow"... u will see the outputs of each step in the installation process...

if u have any problems please put up a post here

What this script does? [for the enthusiastic types ]
  1. It remounts system & data partition for modification
  2. It backs up the current chargemon file to /system/bin/chargemon.ori
  3. Works on a temporary copy of chargemon file @ /data/local/tmp/chargemon.tmp
  4. Then it inserts the modifications into the /data/local/tmp/chargemon.tmp file for checking reboot file and some more modifications
  5. Once all modifications are done it copies the /data/local/tmp/chargemon.tmp file back to /system/bin/chargemon
  6. The backup chargemon file is stored @ /system/bin/chargemon.ori for the uninstaller script
  7. The uninstaller script deletes /system/bin/chargemon file and renames /system/bin/chargemon.ori to /system/bin/chargemon

[APP | WIDGET] >>> xCharge - SE Reboot Options for Xperia <<<

use the latest file v3: reboot_into_rec_univ_xperia_v3.zip
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
30th March 2011, 12:56 AM |#137  
Flag Saarbr├╝cken
Thanks Meter: 141

More
super well done
30th March 2011, 01:21 AM |#138  
Flag Gloucester
Thanks Meter: 3,968

More
Great work doomlord and Mr hassel, works great. Looking forwards to the app and widget coming soon ;) what if you could add reboot to recovery into the power menu options how it was a while ago? Perhaps something to ask Jerpelea to bring into one of his next releases? Thanks guys :)

Sent from my X10 using XDA Premium App
30th March 2011, 05:06 AM |#139  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 247

Donate to Me
More
APK 80% complete
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gingerbread Man

what if you could add reboot to recovery into the power menu options

These options are present in several (Cyanogen-mods and others) but not integrated correctly. I'm sure Jerpelea's AOSP Gingerbread will be configured right. The mod in power options is framework dependant.

This would mean modifying every Framework for each build, making it quite labour intensive, so DoomLoRD and I are building a Native Java APK, built using MotoDevStudio (eclipse) from the xRecovery ISO.

It will install a widget and will be ready soon for any 2.1+ Xperia - Universal as DoomLoRD's script, working like the essential xRecovery APK - a combined effort by Zoz33 & Zdzihu xRecovery.
30th March 2011, 05:09 AM |#140  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kommonk

could we not some how twist this into a widget that will reboot into a Rom on the SD card like free x10 started?

Sorry if its a stupid question :)

It's not a stupid question. In fact, I was just thinking about this.

FYI, here's how this script works:

1. The script makes an empty file called flashtool and puts it in /data/local/tmp
2. Whenever the phone starts, the script in chargemon runs.
3a) If the flashtool file exists, it deletes the flashtool file and boots into xRecovery.
3b) If the flashtool file doesn't exist, it boots normally.

That's it. (Well okay, it also checks to see if you pressed a key during startup for booting into xRec.)

As you can see, the flashtool file is simply an empty file. All it does is act like a "flag". Therefore, it doesn't matter what the file is called as long as the reboot script and "chargemon" match.

We used to be able to dual-boot into two different ROMs, but we lost that ability in order to be able to boot to xRecovery. I never actually tried it, so I didn't know how it worked. I think the problem was that chargemon could check for a keypress, but it couldn't tell which key is pressed (yes, you can boot into xRec with ANY key, even Power).

However, now we have this new "flag" file method of booting. So the question is this:

Can we use different flag files to boot to multiple ROMs? After all, DooMLoRD's explanation of CM7 shows us that we can use two flag files (recoveryboot and kexecboot) to do two different things. It follows that we should be able to use as many flag files as we want.
30th March 2011, 05:23 AM |#141  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 247

Donate to Me
More
clever :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grospolina

It's not a stupid question. In fact, I was just thinking about this.

It's not at all stupid! This is what were doing now - If it was anything like even silly we wouldn't be doing it.. thanks for the positive feedback and encouragement! Really like hearing any cool thoughts, suggestions and your clever ideas!

Best Regards,
The Hoff
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread