Micromax a60 Custom recovery Beta

Search This thread

drellisdee

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 22, 2008
East Coast
This will be the custom recovery beta thread for Micromax a60 recovery. Split from main thread to keep it on topic.

Test Version: Note I do not have this phone and was asked to add this to my recovery lineup.

Directions:

Download this recovery and copy to root of sdcard
see post 162 for latest http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14393032&postcount=162

download flash_image.zip and unzip and copy to root of sdcard

flash_image.zip

Download this and copy to root of sdcard (do not unzip)
signed_test_flash.zip

commands to flash recovery

from adb shell or terminal (requires root # prompt)
Code:
su

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak (notice this file install-recovery.sh may not be on your device if it gives an error or file not found move on)

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-a60-gnm.img (or name of recovery.img)

sync
then power off device and boot holding "HOME" key

Please test nandroid backup/restore by using the nandroid backup and restore option

Please test usb mass storage in recovery

Please test flashing of signed-test_flash.zip which if successful will place test-flash_file in /system/bin

Please test key mapping if if it is wrong use keycode debugging under other menu and send me keymapping and keycodes. IE. vol-up is keycode 000 etc

Key mapping is Vol-up & Vol-down move selection up & down. Back is backup a menu. Menu key is to select.

This is a test version I'll do full release soon after bugs (if any) are worked out.

For debugging use the move recovery-log to sd option under other and please upload it with feedback.

Last edited:

drellisdee

Jan 22, 2008
East Coast
Appreciate the thanks guys. However, its been nearly 2 days now with no feedback. Can someone try and test to make sure everything is working as intended?

victor px5

Mar 27, 2011
Bangalore
I tested but the text on the recovery was not readable. It was only responding to volume up-down, ( as you have said now only I read the instruction :eek:). I tried to select options with menu key, even a level down text was not readable.

I got an error "mtd: not writing bad block at 0x002c0000" one time I tried
Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-a60-gnm.img

The first time I tried
Code:
I got /sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory, just added for documentation. Thanks to @drellisdee and others. Should I try once more, pls let me know.

Last edited:

victor px5

Mar 27, 2011
Bangalore
Seems like options are working. My phone reset to default or something when I selected an option (not readable!) and my installed apps are missing :)

drellisdee

Jan 22, 2008
East Coast
Seems like options are working. My phone reset to default or something when I selected an option (not readable!) and my installed apps are missing :)

Sounds like it. Seems you selected data wipe. Please setup adb drivers if you havent already. In recovery do this to test nandroid. Adb shell nandroid-mobile.sh --backup
Can someone verify the resolution of this device ie. Wvga, hvga etc. It need to look at resolution for the ui stuff.

When you say text isnt readable do you mean its not there or to small or jumbled to read. Try to take screen shot with adb shell ddms or adb shell ./ddms

Last edited:

victor px5

Mar 27, 2011
Bangalore
Text is not small. Looks like the frequency is not correct, that is my guess.

Attachments

• 20110331224718-1.jpg
    20110331224718-1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 488

rushank2112

I too got the same thing. It's unreadble. resolution problem may be. It should be QVGA 240x320. Thats what i think.

Installed this custom recovery through an app called "recovery flasher", which can be downloaded from the market.

vijkap

Mar 14, 2011
drellisdee, please rework on custom recovery to suit qvga. Meanwhile I'm still struggling with my phone. I'll be taking it to micromax support for a fix.

drellisdee

Jan 22, 2008
East Coast
Maybe the recovery screen should look like this

Yes that's similar to what its supposed to look like. Can someone give me a nandroid boot.Ingram upload and include a md5sum. If wondering if the rexocovery dump I used got corrupted in the uploading/downloading as it had no md5sum. I've never had a result like that and made 10+ recoveries.

rushank2112

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will be the custom recovery beta thread for Micromax a60 recovery. Split from main thread to keep it on topic.

Test Version: Note I do not have this phone and was asked to add this to my recovery lineup.

Directions:

Download this recovery and copy to root of sdcard
    see post 162 for latest http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14393032&postcount=162

download flash_image.zip and unzip and copy to root of sdcard

flash_image.zip

Download this and copy to root of sdcard (do not unzip)
    signed_test_flash.zip

commands to flash recovery

from adb shell or terminal (requires root # prompt)
    Code:
    su

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak (notice this file install-recovery.sh may not be on your device if it gives an error or file not found move on)

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-a60-gnm.img (or name of recovery.img)

sync
    then power off device and boot holding "HOME" key

Please test nandroid backup/restore by using the nandroid backup and restore option

Please test usb mass storage in recovery

Please test flashing of signed-test_flash.zip which if successful will place test-flash_file in /system/bin

Please test key mapping if if it is wrong use keycode debugging under other menu and send me keymapping and keycodes. IE. vol-up is keycode 000 etc

Key mapping is Vol-up & Vol-down move selection up & down. Back is backup a menu. Menu key is to select.

This is a test version I'll do full release soon after bugs (if any) are worked out.

For debugging use the move recovery-log to sd option under other and please upload it with feedback.
    Final fully tested recovery

Hey dude, im getting an error Can't mount Cache and one of my friend jems_fams is getting Can't mount System. Two different errors on the same type of phone? What could be the reason, yaar? Need Help!

Hi all this is the final fully test clockwork recovery for our Micromax a60.
    The only thing not working is USB toggle.
    The only thing not test is sdcard partitioning as i already had a partition, if any one of u can test it the very good.
    Currently i am not trying to improve it further because i am engaged in multiple projects currently.

rushank if you can put a link on the main page for this post that will be great cauz this is the final recovery, until i do some changes. :D

As usual the password for the zip is same.. my id.
    Reboot Menu to Power Menu.
    Now you can go to recovery without home button and easy to reboot.
    You can get it here:
    Click here

Installation:
    Flash the zip through recovery.
    If you want to help me means,click some ads in my website(cybflash.tk).
    Hey Drellside the recovery provided by u doesn't work......
    only black screen appears

try this new one looks like I made a typo on the framebuffer stuff on the one from yesterday.

recovery-micromax-test3.img

md5 0e6ada97eb59c50ca198ec1884d10eec recovery-micromax-test3.img

use directions on post 1 to flash
    hi all

i had exactly the same problem during porting custom recovery
    from Amon-RA-NGM to LG P350
    working recovery image with corrupted display
    now i get it working, so it looks like your device have some similar hardware
    at least lcd
    i have prepare for you custom recovery image if any body can test it, it will be great

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1080911