FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Answered] Wallpaper Quality on Archos 101

602 posts
Thanks Meter: 202

Post Reply Email Thread
I have tried ALL launchers and right now am using MultiPicture Live Wallpaper. I am making a theme for the A101 but the wallpaper quality just doesnt look good. The pictures dont look sharp. Can someone tell em whats the resolution cause Ive tried almost all resolutions. No luck. My device is rooted and dont mind hacking.

Someone wanna shed some light?

15th March 2011, 09:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRazor

I have tried ALL launchers and right now am using MultiPicture Live Wallpaper. I am making a theme for the A101 but the wallpaper quality just doesnt look good. The pictures dont look sharp. Can someone tell em whats the resolution cause Ive tried almost all resolutions. No luck. My device is rooted and dont mind hacking.

Someone wanna shed some light?

Make the resolution 1200x1024 that includes scrolling and use Crop wallpaper app from the market.
16th March 2011, 11:37 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdl1908

Make the resolution 1200x1024 that includes scrolling and use Crop wallpaper app from the market.

No luck. The colors just dont look sharp. You think we need to use a special type of pic with limited amount of colors? I even talked to the MultiPicture Live Wallpaper Dev. He said he cant do much bout this.
16th March 2011, 12:12 PM |#4  

More
Quote:

No luck. The colors just dont look sharp. You think we need to use a special type of pic with limited amount of colors? I even talked to the MultiPicture Live Wallpaper Dev. He said he cant do much bout this.

Could you post your wallpaper? The original format and the scaled one.

What program do you use to scale the wallpaper to 1200x1024?
16th March 2011, 01:17 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Could you post your wallpaper? The original format and the scaled one.

What program do you use to scale the wallpaper to 1200x1024?

Thanks for following up.

I am using the following wallpaper:
Oraculum [email protected]

I am using Photoshop CS5 to crop. I am not using 1200x1024 as I am using MultiPicture Live Wallpaper. I have set it to Show Entire Picture.

After doing some testing about the resolution, I have found 1200x732 the most optimal resolution. If you go above it the width starts to stretch. I have removed the Dock on the right and the status bar on top. All thats present are the soft buttons.

I resize the wallpaper to 1200x732 and save it as a non interlaced PNG. Its the best quality Ive achieved yet. And it still looks ugly. Its pixelrated.

What I am trying to achieve: I am trying to make a custom homescreen for each homescreen. I am using two wallpapers, one for the other screens and one for the main homescreen. You know, like hubs. I have disabled portrait mode on Launcher Pro Plus.

Edit: I think the screen cant handle the amount of colors. Or something such...
16th March 2011, 01:52 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Thanks for following up.

I am using the following wallpaper:
Oraculum [email protected]

Hmm the quality of that picture is not very good to begin with.

Quote:

I am using Photoshop CS5 to crop. I am not using 1200x1024 as I am using MultiPicture Live Wallpaper. I have set it to Show Entire Picture.

Forget MultiPicture Live Wallpaper It's a drag on resources and it drags down the performance of the launcher.

Use Crop Wallpaper and use the button "Overall" then "Set as Wallpaper"

Quote:

Edit: I think the screen cant handle the amount of colors. Or something such...

Oh yes it can try these.

16th March 2011, 03:07 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Forget MultiPicture Live Wallpaper It's a drag on resources and it drags down the performance of the launcher.

Yeah it can be a drag on resources but I require different wallpapers on the screens. And you do have a point. I tested it and works just fine.

So I think we can rest this topic to an end. Thanks for your help. I'll post what Ive made in the themes thread later on when I am finished
16th March 2011, 04:32 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Yeah it can be a drag on resources but I require different wallpapers on the screens. And you do have a point. I tested it and works just fine.

So I think we can rest this topic to an end. Thanks for your help. I'll post what Ive made in the themes thread later on when I am finished

One tip if you need MultiPicture Live Wallpaper the optimal resolution for a sinlge screen is 1024x600 mind you then you have to configure the live wallpaper to not do scolling.

Look here These are all wallpaper that have been scaled to 1024x600 and set with Multipicture Live Wallpaper.
31st March 2011, 05:24 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I use Wallaby to get my wallpaper set with no compression or resizing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)