FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Anything related to Sound: features or fix requests. v10: Bass Boost

3,546 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,095

By supercurio, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 12th October 2010, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st March 2011, 09:03 PM |#1821  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 422

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsoul

Personally, I applaud supercurio for fostering FOSS. It seems clear to me that he is NOT threatening to cut off kernels that don't use git. He is only giving notice that he might disable support for kernels whose developers don't release source at all.

supercurio, I will change my mind if you become the gpl police instead of continuing development of audio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

No he don't, but in the same time he don't following the gpl rules himself.
He do want it to be one way but you can share the code in other ways.
Then you have a problem what I court should say about this forum if its open public or closed. So far I never seen a court say a forum you need password is a open and public forum. I guess that's the hard part and a main point in gpl that he can't what's wrong or rights. Only a court can do that. So if he block others for not give out the source he basically can break the gpl rules himself.

**DamianGTO ultimate kernel v1.3 * 600Hz * 346MB RAM * OC/UV * 1280MHZ**

31st March 2011, 11:40 PM |#1822  
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianGto

So if he block others for not give out the source he basically can break the gpl rules himself.

No, there's absolutely nothing in the gpl that speaks to this.
1st April 2011, 09:21 AM |#1823  
Flag Le Mans
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Personally I agree with Supercurio.
He fights against the plagiarism, a practice too much spread and counterproductive.

But I retain especially that he wishes a real collaborative work between dev, and that is not it especially a waste of time...

Apparement some dev does not seem to want to work in team...
1st April 2011, 09:41 AM |#1824  
Abington, PA
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

I don't mind to share code, but I don't like to share code that I don't tested and controlled for bugs. What you like is to share bugs to. That's the main different between us.
You think that real time sharing is a good thing, but I don't like it at all.
That lower the quality of sharing code and it's a wast of time.

I hear same excuse over and over. You perfectionist, why not become perfect in following rules, too?
1st April 2011, 01:23 PM |#1825  
OP Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Chambéry
Thanks Meter: 5,095

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The problem I see is that's how you like it.and not all developer do that way.
I don't mind to share code, but I don't like to share code that I don't tested and controlled for bugs. What you like is to share bugs to. That's the main different between us.
You think that real time sharing is a good thing, but I don't like it at all.
That lower the quality of sharing code and it's a wast of time.
Also if I want to put others code in my code I want to know what it does.
That's how you make quality code/program that works and have little bugs in them. The way you think is good is just Alfa/beta code that never will be good.

Standard practice when you develop in the open:

- dev branches, where you publish work in progress as often as you want
- stable branches, where you publish what correspond to stable releases, distributed for other people who can reuse your code safely.

Benefit with dev branches is that you get comments and suggestions, even sometimes bug reports from developers following your work, well if the work in question is worth it of course. But there are a lot of people in forums, including silent people who only send mails after reading code.

In stable branches, you publish tested validated code for releases.
Publishing work with SCM with git and an open development model help improving quality and security of stable releases, ask Linus!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to supercurio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supercurio Ad-Free
1st April 2011, 02:39 PM |#1826  
Flag Johannesburg, South Africa
Thanks Meter: 197

More
Hi Supercurio,

I don't know if somebody reported this but I'll report it anyway.

Few days ago I moved from speedmod to Voodoo 5.5.3 and my GPS, used by NDrive cannot find the satellites.
I gave up after trying two times for more than 10 minutes each time.

I am with SGS i9000 International. Location Johannesburg, South Africa.
ROM Doc_v9.9.5
Baseband I9000XXJPY

After I moved back to Speedmod K13D the GPS started working as before, locking the satellites in not more than 10 seconds.

Thank you for the great work.
I didn't donate yet, but I will
1st April 2011, 02:55 PM |#1827  
Here, there, everywhere
Thanks Meter: 2,305

Donate to Me
More
Damn...why you have to break that very interesting chain discussion about gpl, etc., with such an off-topic issue?

Switching between modified kernels always brings side-effects...
Fresh install is the answer and then you deal with gps cold or factory starts...
1st April 2011, 08:25 PM |#1828  
Flag Johannesburg, South Africa
Thanks Meter: 197

More
Sorry
I thought it is important to report such an issue.

Fresh kernel install (!)
What do you mean?
A kernel is supposed to change another kernel and "fresh" doesn't quite fit the process of substitution.
How do you do fresh kernel install?
1st April 2011, 09:47 PM |#1829  
Here, there, everywhere
Thanks Meter: 2,305

Donate to Me
More
Sure it's important but this thread is about anything related to sound not gps

You can report your possibly kernel related issues for instance here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=774500 (voodoo kernel thread)

With fresh install I meant , flashing a whole firmware again, for instance, JS8 and then installing a modified kernel .
2nd April 2011, 01:44 AM |#1830  
London
Thanks Meter: 1,112

More
I love both of you

Damian - Your Kernel is the best so far - battery wise - very smooth and customisable

Francois - J'aime bien ta version de Voodoo sound v6+, pourtant j'ai pas bien aimé ton kernel...je sais que c'est pas gentil de le dire, mais je suis honnête...ton kernel a utilisé trop de batterie pour que j'en profite
Je pouvais pas avoir un mobile avec jsute 8heure de batterie...
alors j'ai fais des recherches et j'ai trouvé K13D et 1.2 Damian GOLD. Ils étaient plus bien en batterie, mais K13D n'avait pas un bon SQ.

I wanted to know with the app you will be releasing too, what will that do exactly? Sorry for my ignorance :/
I mean can I apply it to other kernels/will it improve the SQ?

(My french is SO MUCH WORSE, than what it used to be, sorry lol)

What I'm trying to say is:
Damian has to say or give credit to supercurio for his work - be it kernel related or sound related.

It isn't nice when someone takes your work, that you have taken so long to develop.
Easy example for me is YouTube.
As long as you credit it, or for example ask the DJ for his permission to use his mixtapes on your videos, then your fine.

I guess its a lesson learnt for both sides...
and before anyone rage quits:
I never support a side unless I personally think one is right.

Be it from my relatives arguing, to a fight in the street, to a thread on XDA. I have the same principles.
Thus I shattered my dreams of becoming a barrister when I was very young, after I found out: To be a lawyer you need to be a good liar. I can't do that.
2nd April 2011, 04:54 AM |#1831  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfsoul

supercurio, can you please let me know which behavior is expected? What is the volume level set to after a fresh boot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercurio

Today its not perfect, like if you boot with headphones plugged the expected volume is not applied (only if you boot without headphones plugged in and you plug them later)

This is something that will evolve soon.

Actually, this is not my experience. Voodoo Sound has never remembered my volume setting after a reboot as far as I can remember. I tried these different conditions again today to be sure, the volume was reset to the default for every boot.
(Serendipity 6.3 w/ Speedmod K13D)
Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercurio

...keep in mind that I have basically no free time and sleep little^^ so I need to make choices about how to use time.

I completely understand that your time is precious. But since it seems you are spending most of your energy on developing the next App version, I am curious: are you planning to include volume retention with it?

Sorry for pestering you, I am trying to understand what you meant by "soon" (and also reminding you in case you forgot).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
voodoo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)