3,546 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,095

Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2011, 09:16 AM |#1841  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercurio

Thanks, I forgot about those super-obscure ServiceMode settings since the old Headphone EQ hack ^^.

But those are lost after reboot anyway. However this system is still very strange, I'll ask for its documentation if there is one.

However lowering the levels is not the definite answer as it will make also the voice too quiet in other situations.
I'll come with another technique similar to what's used in the recording presets, but different as the existing one would break the whole echo-cancellation thing.

Hope you do your miracle again

Thanks!

6th April 2011, 06:06 AM |#1842  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Supercurio, what about 3D and parametric EQ in VoodooApp?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
6th April 2011, 11:24 AM |#1843  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianGto

No he don't, but in the same time he don't following the gpl rules himself.
He do want it to be one way but you can share the code in other ways.
Then you have a problem what I court should say about this forum if its open public or closed. So far I never seen a court say a forum you need password is a open and public forum. I guess that's the hard part and a main point in gpl that he can't what's wrong or rights. Only a court can do that. So if he block others for not give out the source he basically can break the gpl rules himself.

**DamianGTO ultimate kernel v1.3 * 600Hz * 346MB RAM * OC/UV * 1280MHZ**

Shut the **** up!. You are worst.that a little child

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
6th April 2011, 11:42 AM |#1844  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hi Supercurio and other audiophiles,

Have you ever compared a voodooed i9000 head to head against other players such as some cowons or the red wine audio imod (which uses the wm8758 codec)? One of my friends is looking for a decent portable player (to be used with a portable amp & senn ie8) but we don't have the chance to compare them with my i9000. Have we squeezed the best out of our phones or is it possible to gain more with it? Hopefully you can give him some advices

btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercurio

+6dB is hardware headphone amp maximum gain, but its affected by clear saturation, so I limit the output level in my driver to +5dB, which is already plenty loud.

For hifi line-out-level quality I recommend between +2dB and +4dB.

Will it be possible to completely bypass the internal amp, ie to have true line out without making hardware modifications?

Thanks in advance
6th April 2011, 11:52 AM |#1845  
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 167

Donate to Me
More
Hi to everyone.
I would like to ask for a request to implement in next release of the Voodoo App.

When I am listening to music with my headphones and I receive a phone call, usually the music volume I hear music does not mach the volume I would like while on a call using headphones, because most of the times I need a louder volume in phone calls, so I have to open the Voodoo App or go for its widget to increase the Headphone Amplifier voume.

Is there a way to set some kind of default value for the Headphone Amplifier volume when I receive a phone call??

Thank you.
6th April 2011, 09:06 PM |#1846  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Im not saying whos right or wrong but lets keep the discussion and debates formal without using swear words.

6th April 2011, 09:11 PM |#1847  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Hey

If you are one of the audiophiles that think that cowon's SQ is the best read on
I haven't heard the direct comparisons but from friends that have very sensitive ears to SQ, they have told me that the voodoo sound is not as good as cowon's BBE+ SQ but would be considered one of the best with few sonys etc. So if you are looking to get just one device that can do everything, the sgs and nexus s are best contenders thanks to all the developers especially supercurio
Btw poweramp galaxy tuner and voodoo together can make great sound if you get the settings right.

The Following User Says Thank You to jay_993 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jay_993 Ad-Free
7th April 2011, 01:17 AM |#1848  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Chambéry
Thanks Meter: 5,095

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennishylau

Hi Supercurio and other audiophiles,

Have you ever compared a voodooed i9000 head to head against other players such as some cowons or the red wine audio imod (which uses the wm8758 codec)? One of my friends is looking for a decent portable player (to be used with a portable amp & senn ie8) but we don't have the chance to compare them with my i9000. Have we squeezed the best out of our phones or is it possible to gain more with it? Hopefully you can give him some advices

No I didn't compared but I would be very interested by the comparison!

The next improvement is Parametric EQ as, concretely about every in-ear and also most headphones would benefit from correction, big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennishylau

Will it be possible to completely bypass the internal amp, ie to have true line out without making hardware modifications?

Thanks in advance

You don't want to use the line out instead of WM8994.
Why this bold statement ?

Because with the improvements I made already (128x Oversampling, Anti-Jitter and DAC Direct) actual measurements on a 16bit source surpasses SNR and distortions ratings for the "true line out" path on WM8994 !

BTW, I guess I can apply for the "True DAC line out" bounty, it's time! I even outdid it

From the datasheet, using 24bit samples

Quote:

DAC to Single-Ended Line Output (10kOhms / 50pF)

SNR (A-weighted): 93 dB
THD (0dbFS): -75 dB
THD+N (0dbFS): -73 dB
Crosstalk (L/R): -70dB

Quote:

DAC to Single-Ended Line Output (10kOhms / 50pF)

SNR (A-weighted): 97 dB
THD (0dbFS): -76 dB
THD+N (0dbFS): -75 dB
Crosstalk (L/R): -90dB

And in my measurements, on a 16-bit sample, which means it's limited by the sample itself!

Measurements:
http://supercurio.project-voodoo.org...DAC-direct.htm

Equivalent values from the actual measurement
SNR (A-weighted): 96.4 dB
THD : -81.7 dB
Crosstalk: -93.8 dB

Yeah !
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to supercurio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2011, 01:59 AM |#1849  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hey SC,

I removed GB from my phone and went back to Froyo ZSJPG just so I can get Voodoo sound again.

Can't listen to music without Voodoo sound on my phone. Keep up the good work man. You really make a difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to fullerms For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fullerms Ad-Free
7th April 2011, 09:47 AM |#1850  
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 167

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATA!

Hi to everyone.
I would like to ask for a request to implement in next release of the Voodoo App.

When I am listening to music with my headphones and I receive a phone call, usually the music volume I hear music does not mach the volume I would like while on a call using headphones, because most of the times I need a louder volume in phone calls, so I have to open the Voodoo App or go for its widget to increase the Headphone Amplifier voume.

Is there a way to set some kind of default value for the Headphone Amplifier volume when I receive a phone call??

Thank you.

PLEASEE!!!
7th April 2011, 11:13 AM |#1851  
Flag Grand Cayman
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Any ideas when sound control will be working on Jvk? The sound is so low on the I9000

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
voodoo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)