FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Anything related to Sound: features or fix requests. v10: Bass Boost

3,546 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,095

By supercurio, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 12th October 2010, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2011, 12:13 PM |#1851  
Flag Grand Cayman
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Any ideas when sound control will be working on Jvk? The sound is so low on the I9000

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

7th April 2011, 05:42 PM |#1852  
OP Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATA!

PLEASEE!!!

On which kernel?
7th April 2011, 05:47 PM |#1853  
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 168

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercurio

On which kernel?

SpeedMod..... possible??
7th April 2011, 05:53 PM |#1854  
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

SpeedMod..... possible??

Speedmod uses a modified outdated version:

Current Voodoo sound code don't modify volume during calls, as described in the source code:
https://github.com/project-voodoo/li...voodoo.c#L1009
7th April 2011, 06:05 PM |#1855  
Flag Pisa, Italy

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Speedmod uses a modified outdated version:

Current Voodoo sound code don't modify volume during calls, as described in the source code:
https://github.com/project-voodoo/li..._voodoo.c#L889

Nonono...I would like to have a different volume in calls: some FIXEX Amplifier volume that is always set as a default value.

I'll explain why:
When I hear at music I turn sound media at 100% (Value of 15) and then manage the music volume with only the Amplifier.
This means that if I hear music at low volume, I have the Amplifier volume at low value.

Well...if I receive a phone call with the headphones on, using the Amplifier I should be in a better situation because the default android system volume for phone calling with headphones it is very bad.......but in real life it does not work well!!

If I am in the situation I explained before, with Amplifier volume low, when I receive a phone call with my headphones, I am not able to increase its volume by pressing the Vol+ button because it only highters the regular Android system volume...and at 100% it is still too low.

Is there a way to link the phone call volume to the Amplifier as you did for media??? In this way I could volume up the Amplifier volume once the phone call volume has reached the 100% value!!

Otherwise, is there a way to set a default amplifier value only for phone calls, so to set it at some hight value and then manage to decrease the phone call volume (if too hight) by lowering the system volume by pressing the Vol- button??

Hope you understood what I mean.

Ps: If some of your Voodoo fix does what I am asking, please point me a kernel that does that.
7th April 2011, 06:08 PM |#1856  
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Calls don't depend on System Volume, do they? Incoming Call volume seems to be the key.
7th April 2011, 06:11 PM |#1857  
Flag Pisa, Italy

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s44

Calls don't depend on System Volume, do they? Incoming Call volume seems to be the key.

No, there is a indipendent volume for phone calling called Voice call volume:

Ringer volume
Notification volume (can be set to follow Ringer volume)
Media volume
Alarm volume
Voice call volume
System volume
7th April 2011, 06:16 PM |#1858  
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If I am in the situation I explained before, with Amplifier volume low, when I receive a phone call with my headphones, I am not able to increase its volume by pressing the Vol+ button because it only highters the regular Android system volume...and at 100% it is still too low.

A few people requested that the volume slider didn't affect the headphone amp level during calls, that's why I made the change to just do the standard volume management during calls.
7th April 2011, 06:21 PM |#1859  
Flag Pisa, Italy

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

A few people requested that the volume slider didn't affect the headphone amp level during calls, that's why I made the change to just do the standard volume management during calls.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

But wait a minute....can you restore that ONLY while the headphones are plugged in??? That would do the trick......OR MAYBE ADD A SETTING IN THE Voodoo App SO TO ENABLE/DISABLE THIS FUNCTION....
7th April 2011, 06:24 PM |#1860  
Flag Chambéry

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

But wait a minute....can you restore that ONLY while the headphones are plugged in??? That would do the trick......OR MAYBE ADD A SETTING IN THE Voodoo App SO TO ENABLE/DISABLE THIS FUNCTION....

It was only related to when headphones are plugged in
(standard Samsung ones, call through 3pole headphones are not supported yet on Voodoo sound except on Nexus S where it works out of the box)

As v8 will be about calls I'll study that.
7th April 2011, 06:32 PM |#1861  
Flag Pisa, Italy

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It was only related to when headphones are plugged in
(standard Samsung ones, call through 3pole headphones are not supported yet on Voodoo sound except on Nexus S where it works out of the box)

As v8 will be about calls I'll study that.

I can answer to phone calls pressing my mic button while using my Samusng stock headphones....but I don't know if it is a SpeedMod kernel related thing.

But for the volume thing, could you add an option in the Voodoo App so to enable/disable the volume slider so to affect the headphone amp level during calls????

THANK YOU!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
voodoo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)