FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UPDATED-06-APR-2011] New XAP installer, in-place app update, no dev tool and more...

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 58

By kuerbis2, Member on 31st March 2011, 05:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2011, 06:42 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello ! When i pressing Instal it just says
Deployment started WP7 Root Tools
Connecting to device...

Deployment FAILED with the following ERROR:
Class not registered

7th April 2011, 07:31 AM |#42  
OP Member

More
I can only help, if you provide more information

- Phone Dev Tools installed?
- If not:
- CoreCon2Installer used?
- vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip installed?
- Which operating system?
- 32/64 bit?

Sounds like something in the setup went wrong.

-k
7th April 2011, 07:38 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
- CoreCon2Installer used - yes
- vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip installed - yes
- Which operating system? Win7
- 32/64 bit? 32 bit

now i stopped at
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
7th April 2011, 01:29 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuerbis2

Can anybody with the 0x89xxxxx errors please try to install the file "vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip" [1] attached to the main post?

If that fixes those errors, I'll including the missing pieces in the CoreConInstall2 file.

I can confirm that this solves the issue. Target: fresh installation of Windows Vista (32bit) plus original Windows Phone Emulator (sde_xde-enu.msi) plus CoreConInstall2.exe plus vs_sdeprolightup-enu gives an (almost) working XAPDeployX.

There is a little minor issue in how the emulator is invoked:
Quote:

Error: Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v7.0\Emulation\Images\WM701C.en-US.bin'

Of course, it can be easily fixed by placing a file of such name in the given path.

Would you be so kind and open the source of your tool? Actually i am only interested in the COM interfaces that you have had to implement in order to get rid of Microsoft.Smartdevice.Connectivity.dll
7th April 2011, 02:03 PM |#45  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Error: Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v7.0\Emulation\Images\WM701C.en-US.bin'

Oh, I was just to lazy to do any fixes for the emulator. Primary target was device deployment. To fix that one you have to modifiy %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Phone Tools\CoreCon\10.0\addons\ImageConfig.en-US.xsl. Search for WM701C.en-US.bin in there, and replace it with the correct path.

No problem to give you the source. I have written the smallest possible abstraction around the CoreConServer Interface using the primary interop provided by Microsoft. I will provide this part of the source asap. The code is obfuscated as there is a lot more included than currently visible from the front-end.
You need to add a reference to Microsoft.VisualStudio.DeviceConnectivity.Interop. 10.0.dll and embed interop types (that's why my tool uses .net 4 )

-k
Attached Files
File Type: zip WPConnect.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.3 KB, 706 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kuerbis2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuerbis2 Ad-Free
7th April 2011, 07:54 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuerbis2

Can anybody with the 0x89xxxxx errors please try to install the file "vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip" [1] attached to the main post?

If that fixes those errors, I'll including the missing pieces in the CoreConInstall2 file.

[1] Extract the file to a local folder and run the *.msi.

NEW Version 0.9 is online, see first post.

Thanks!

-k

Yes! It's working! )

win 7, 32 bit,
Developer tools uninstalled,
vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip installed,

Thank you very much!
9th April 2011, 11:07 PM |#47  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 38

More
FastGSM
I have a Samsung Focus, FastGSM unlocked, a Windows XP PC, no Developers Tools installed (and don't want to install them, they give me problems on this XP machine). Have the .9 version of your tool installed. When I try to lauch XapDeploy I get the following:

Error: Unable to start. (Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Edit: Phone is connected and Zune is running, connected to the phone. CoreCon installed, vs file installed.
10th April 2011, 07:52 PM |#48  

More
- Phone Dev Tools -> no

- CoreCon2Installer -> yes
- vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip installed? -> yes
- Which operating system? -> win 7
- 32/64 bit? -> 64 bit

- HTC HD2 unlocked

Deployment started Funcard
Connecting to device...

0x89731812

with phone dev tool installed everything works fine.
12th April 2011, 12:40 PM |#49  
OP Member

More
@JamesAllen: You might ask the guy from post #36 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=36). I did try the tool with WindowsXP but didn't get it working. The guy from that posts somehow did.

@phsa: No idea if there is something special about the HD2. The vs_sdeprokughtup-enu.zip actually is the phone dev tools (or, to get it correct, it is the part of the dev tools which allows the connection to the phone).
It is important to install 1.) CoreCon2 and 2.) vs-sde.... otherwise some interfaces might get changed.

-k
The Following User Says Thank You to kuerbis2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuerbis2 Ad-Free
12th April 2011, 01:14 PM |#50  

More
@kuerbis2 :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1032031

did u note this thread bro ? i also can not install xap more 75-80mb with your xap installer
13th April 2011, 02:17 PM |#51  
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hmm ... getting this error when trying to deploy an xap to my Focus:
Quote:

Failed to connect to the device. Ensure that the device is completely booted and is connected to the PC.

- Phone Dev Tools -> no
- CoreCon2Installer -> yes
- vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip installed? -> yes
- Which operating system? -> Windows 7
- 32/64 bit? -> 64 bit

Zune is open and finished syncing; phone is on and unlocked. Not sure what else to check?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)