FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

183 posts
Thanks Meter: 624

By oleg_k, Retired Recognized Developer on 29th March 2011, 05:26 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
7th April 2011, 01:33 PM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 4,403

More
Long time ago I've played with Tool from BenQ Poland... HWTP.
I can remember it shows some GPIOs... but it seems S8500 can not work...
Maybe few changes needed...

QXDM could be alternate Tool, you could log something...

But its Qualcomm part, so you have to be in Qualcomm Mode.

I'll search more infos... and poster later more.

Best Regards
7th April 2011, 01:36 PM |#182  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
If the LCD-Screen does not work, have u tried it on a TV-screen via component on output jack ? Maybe this works for any reason.. ?
7th April 2011, 02:06 PM |#183  

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=899023

About GPIO and maybe other needed infos...
Logging via QXDM...

I'll try if I can use HWTP...

Best Regards
7th April 2011, 04:45 PM |#184  
Flag Genève
Thanks Meter: 149

More
One thing i don't understand. Galaxy S and Wave have same hardware/same conpany/Super AMOLED..so i don't see a problem in porting androd to wave. Can't you just go and flash one of the samsung galaxy's bootloader and ROM? i'm not a dev so it's just a question i would like an answer to.

Also, what's the future of this phone, i'm planning on buying it today. Would it be possible to dual boot android? so that you can get rid of android whenever you want?
7th April 2011, 04:52 PM |#185  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wboss

One thing i don't understand. Galaxy S and Wave have same hardware/same conpany/Super AMOLED..so i don't see a problem in porting androd to wave. Can't you just go and flash one of the samsung galaxy's bootloader and ROM? i'm not a dev so it's just a question i would like an answer to.

Also, what's the future of this phone, i'm planning on buying it today. Would it be possible to dual boot android? so that you can get rid of android whenever you want?

Sadly there's no easy way to flash it into Android and get it workng fine right now, we hope there is soon. However, It is a very good phone, taking in account that the price is VERY low for it's capabilities I think is one of the bests choices so far right now (between the mobile phones that doesn't requires for force paying 3G).

It was 20€ for me, and I must say is one of the best choices I have ever made
7th April 2011, 06:02 PM |#186  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi everyone,
I just love the project and I wanna support but I'm not a progammer...
I hope you will have the first REAL(androbada) wave running android, but I have 2 questions..
1.How long will it take to make the first version? (estimated; days,weeks,moths?)
2.Is the lcd bug the only bug left?

Kind regards,
Yari
7th April 2011, 06:22 PM |#187  
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yari-nl

hi everyone,
I just love the project and I wanna support but I'm not a progammer...
I hope you will have the first REAL(androbada) wave running android, but I have 2 questions..
1.How long will it take to make the first version? (estimated; days,weeks,moths?)
2.Is the lcd bug the only bug left?

Kind regards,
Yari

Those kind of words of support doesn't do poetic justice as the problems are big problems and by the sound of your posting its like you're pushing....

Have patience, sit back and watch the progress.... one step at a time ...
7th April 2011, 06:26 PM |#188  

More
Quote:

Expect not too much. As only first steps are made.

It could take much, much more time. So I think weeks... ""stable"" maybe in months...
This is an heavy project.

Best Regards
7th April 2011, 06:36 PM |#189  
Flag Genève
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokugogagoji

Guys, not assuming the tasks as easy and already done.

First of all, oleg_k, adfree and mijoma works are not related to Androbada but their own hobby studies and they are kind to show us the progress of their studies. I don't think they want to be associate to Androbada work (and attitude...videos are not reality proof...).

Then, having the same SoC of Galaxy S, does not mean that the entire hardware/firmware mechanism is identical to Galaxy S. NAND,GPIO pins, drivers (particaully the fact, they will have to dump the firmware from the Bada drivers since they are not linux driver), etc. are still different

Third, this work seems to be at initial steps. It's impossible to estimate the time since they could find a showstopper that it requires many try-and-seek attemps to be solved. Or it could also receive a cease-and-desist from Samsung...nobody knows...

It's still better to have an Android handset that making developer/hackers pressure for this.

I understand what you mean but has anyone tried to flash a galaxy s ROM onto wave? just wondering lol :P
7th April 2011, 06:37 PM |#190  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokugogagoji

Guys, not assuming the tasks as easy and already done.

First of all, oleg_k, adfree and mijoma works are not related to Androbada but their own hobby studies and they are kind to show us the progress of their studies. I don't think they want to be associate to Androbada work (and attitude...videos are not reality proof...).

Then, having the same SoC of Galaxy S, does not mean that the entire hardware/firmware mechanism is identical to Galaxy S. NAND,GPIO pins, drivers (particaully the fact, they will have to dump the firmware from the Bada drivers since they are not linux driver), etc. are still different

Third, this work seems to be at initial steps. It's impossible to estimate the time since they could find a showstopper that it requires many try-and-seek attemps to be solved. Or it could also receive a cease-and-desist from Samsung...nobody knows...

It's still better to have an Android handset that making developer/hackers pressure for this.

nice one Dokugogagoji \o/
7th April 2011, 11:53 PM |#191  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wboss

Lets make it simple. Hardware is same on wave and galaxy S, either android's drivers are being used or bada's drivers are, the cpu should be just fine. I think those people couldn't keep up with drama so they had to close this and this was the most lamest reason to do so. One thing which is funny here is this:

Sorry hardware is NOT the same on both handsets... check your facts first before firing off.. wave has flash on the camera, Galaxy S does not have flash, hardware buttons different, different chipset used for the wifi networking, bluetooth as well... oh and btw nand chipsets are different also

Oh and also, Froyo has theme-ing capability... but yeah, let's forget about androbada simple really...
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wave s8500 android
Previous Thread Next Thread