[Q] OpenGL ES 2.0 ?

Search This thread

gocegi

Aug 9, 2010
Found this tread in the General section, and thought it is a good theme to work on.

(Originally posted by Martin4os)
can we somehow, upgrade our version of OpenGL ES-CM 1.1 to OpenGL ES 2.0 ...

cause i found this ..

qualcomm-mdp-msm-8660-1-5-ghz-550x366.png

and as you can see, our Optimus One is tested using openGL 2.0, and somehow i think its not a bad score.. And I'm pretty sure, our adreno 200 supports OpenGL

Also I read some threads, (I can't find them at the moment) about a developer, who succesfully applied that on nexus one ...

Zerobarat1

Feb 1, 2011
Found this tread in the General section, and thought it is a good theme to work on.

(Originally posted by Martin4os)
can we somehow, upgrade our version of OpenGL ES-CM 1.1 to OpenGL ES 2.0 ...

cause i found this ..

qualcomm-mdp-msm-8660-1-5-ghz-550x366.png

and as you can see, our Optimus One is tested using openGL 2.0, and somehow i think its not a bad score.. And I'm pretty sure, our adreno 200 supports OpenGL

Also I read some threads, (I can't find them at the moment) about a developer, who succesfully applied that on nexus one ...

Lol, what a haxxed test sheet . Iphone 4 on the buttom of the list says it all :). Not to mention the top 3 which is just dumb.

Martin4os

Mar 21, 2011
Yes, maybe the results are a bit different than expected, but thats not the point.. the point is that theoretically OpenGL Es can be upgraded to 2.0 since the benchmark uses that to compare the phones ... Also i found this

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=620598

As you can see, the dev succesfully did that on his nexus one ... And if it can be done, it should :)

mik_os

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2010
Poltava
Me too :)
In link from Martin4os application developer succesfully used opengles2. Drivers already have opengles2 support.

Martin4os

Mar 21, 2011
well i know adreno 200 supports 2.0, but i don't know if it's implemented in the software ... i'll try some opengl es 2.0 apk to see if its working ..