Xperia Arc Issues & Suggestions

Search This thread

im_iceman

Apr 7, 2010
Alsager
1. If you press the home button while charging + screen off, nothing happened and got your phone to show a blank screen and you need to release the battery.

2. HEAT PROBLEM! My old X10i with 9 background application is more cooler than this thing, hope next update from SE solve this problem.
not a problem for anyone else.. so suspect either a problem with your phone, or your charger...

im_iceman

Apr 7, 2010
Alsager
I have none of those problems till now :eek:
Only the extreme washed out screen when the angle is not direct is a little disturbing but I think it's normal to be shocked when coming from Amoled to LCD
Extreme? That's a little, well, er, extreme isn't it?? It loses some quality when you tilt it.. but it's not extereme.. not by any definitiion!

G

gupta.anurag08

Following prob with me:
1. Extended widget control not wrking properly, m not able to TURN OFF the mobile data access

2. Still looking for some good video player which supports most video formats n subtitles as well

3. Calwidget not working.

4. Is there any way to change fonts without rooting??

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

Darth Glacious

Mar 15, 2011
Bucuresti
So far I noticed only the wireless issue, data transfer stops right in the middle of being used by some application but the wireless connection icon is in the status bar. Like playing a Youtube video the data connection would drop, but the wireless still is on and all my other laptops and desktops have Internet connection working fine.
Disabling and re-enabling the wireless fixes this.

ludovic.audoin

Apr 24, 2007
Grenoble
Same answer. For business use I remember the last name of my contacts not always their First name except Mr and Mrs). Perhaps for you Khakala it does not make any difference but when you have a look over the web it seems that a lot of people are expecting this small update/improvement that you had on some other Android phones like the Droid.

xperiax10.awesome

Nov 20, 2010
Singapore
Following prob with me:
1. Extended widget control not wrking properly, m not able to TURN OFF the mobile data access

2. Still looking for some good video player which supports most video formats n subtitles as well

3. Calwidget not working.

4. Is there any way to change fonts without rooting??

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

1. USE THE DEFAULT WIDGETS :)
2. VITAL PLAYER V1.2.5 (it supports subtitles & no lag)
3. CALWIDGET not working for me as well :(
4. as per my understanding NO

StickyGeko

Mar 13, 2011
Blackburn
i dont have the wireless issue but i do have an issue with lag... in the home screens and even on basic games, theres also a problem when on calls, it will cut out say every 10 secs and then is fine, its an audible crackle, cant hear anyone then all of sudden alls well..... i defo think ive dodgey unit

apy1412

Nov 30, 2007
I have a serious issue with the phone, The phone shuts down by itself at least once a day and never boots up until I repair the firmware by connecting to the PC. The Facebook app, maps, markets just force closes most of the time and then the phone just shuts down. I though this could be a firmware issue but after repairing also I am facing the issue.

I cannot take it to the service center as I bought it from a different country. Let me know if there is a solution.

george232

Mar 6, 2011
Anyone got problems with the upper left corner of the screen above the chinch coming loose?

I do, and I saw a picture in the GSMArena review that showed that the screen sticks out at that spot on their unit too.

Last edited:
G

gupta.anurag08

Issue: None of the APN switches (mobile data switches) wrking on xperia arc. If any new widget available plz share, tnx

sent from Xperia Arc

Mano1982

May 17, 2010
Oslo
I have a serious issue with the phone, The phone shuts down by itself at least once a day and never boots up until I repair the firmware by connecting to the PC. The Facebook app, maps, markets just force closes most of the time and then the phone just shuts down. I though this could be a firmware issue but after repairing also I am facing the issue.

I cannot take it to the service center as I bought it from a different country. Let me know if there is a solution.

Do you install some apps after installing firmaware or restore data from any backup?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    er.. really.. what difference does it make.. do you have a total recall failure issue with peoples first names?!

Hi, I have over 1000 peoples contacts on phone and in daily business use I am common to search with surname, I don't even remember theirs all firstname :-/

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
    Why did you post this??? what do you expect to happen?

Did you make it your goal to make those people feel stupid?
    This device is brand new. These people are posting about these issues to see maybe they're common problems, or just to let others know.
    Anyone got problems with the upper left corner of the screen above the cinch coming loose?

I do, and I saw a picture in the GSMArena review that showed that the screen sticks out at that spot on their unit too.

nope mines flush
    Sure?
    Warranty is warranty, pretty much regardless where you bought the device. Service Center is representing SE, all they should be interested in is date of purchase. Just give it a try (at the official SE service center of course).

Don't mistake the phone seller for the service center, warranty does not depend on the seller but on the manufacturer.
    I noticed that decreasing brightness give better viewing angles!
    Also for muffled sound when posing the Arc on a table I suggest to stick a little 1cm X 2mm of stickable rubber under the speaker hole, sound will get more free space and even more resonance making it louder ;)
    The arked design should have done this alone but it's not enough.