Thanks Meter: 105

By SS2006, Senior Member on 10th April 2011, 10:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th April 2011, 03:54 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpwu

Tried installing using the directions posted, no luck. Could you give a little more info on install/use please?

1) download file on your pc (it wouldn't work when I downloaded straight on my xoom)
2) move the file over to your "sdcard"
3) open Root Explorer (make sure you are rooted)
4) move the file on your sd card over to /system/app (make sure /system/app is in r/w mode)

The end.
The Following User Says Thank You to robbiev80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robbiev80 Ad-Free

11th April 2011, 04:01 PM |#12  
Miami-Dade County
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I would love to try this, but root explorer force closes on me everytime i attempt to open it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
11th April 2011, 04:25 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiev80

1) download file on your pc (it wouldn't work when I downloaded straight on my xoom)
4) move the file on your sd card over to /system/app (make sure /system/app is in r/w mode)

The end.

mirror please, mediafire.com or multiupload.com

thanks
11th April 2011, 05:28 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiev80

The end.

Thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I did the first time. I did it again, and didn't have any problems (again). Maybe what I'm missing is how to actually play videos with this player? When I open a video file, I don't have a new listing/app option. I'm also very interesting in the streaming features the OP mentioned.
11th April 2011, 05:44 PM |#15  
Flag WV
Thanks Meter: 521

Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb
Quote:

Thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I did the first time. I did it again, and didn't have any problems (again). Maybe what I'm missing is how to actually play videos with this player? When I open a video file, I don't have a new listing/app option. I'm also very interesting in the streaming features the OP mentioned.

Most likely you have already defined one of your Multimedia apps as default player. Go to Settings>Applications and find your video players. One of them will have the "Launch by default" set. If you clear that you should be able to see the list of choices again when playing a video file.
The Following User Says Thank You to funnycreature For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift funnycreature Ad-Free
11th April 2011, 05:57 PM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnycreature

Most likely you have already defined one of your Multimedia apps as default player. Go to Settings>Applications and find your video players. One of them will have the "Launch by default" set. If you clear that you should be able to see the list of choices again when playing a video file.

Sorry, I should have explained more fully. It's not that I don't get the list of apps with which I can play a video, it's that there isn't a new app in the list-- I have no way to select this new player
11th April 2011, 06:37 PM |#17  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Not to put a damper on anyone's enthusiasm around here, but has it occurred to anyone that maybe it won't work quite right because this apk was designed for a different OS version, OS skin, different hardware (though same Tegra 2 SOC), etc?
11th April 2011, 06:53 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2,320

Donate to Me
More
I Signed the APK now you can install it, at least it worked for me. OP if you want to download this and repost it I will delete this file after. Thanks for posting.
The Following User Says Thank You to zone23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zone23 Ad-Free
11th April 2011, 07:44 PM |#20  

More
Any reports on how the signed APK behaves/works?
11th April 2011, 07:45 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:

Try navigating to /system/app and double click on the apk file and install it... Hope that works.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)