Fix For Dinc BootLoop with no recovery from NVRam Update

Search This thread

dknlght

Sep 23, 2007
I finally successfully recovered my BootLooped Incredible after i incorrectly updated the NV item of my phone. My situation was a little different than most bootloop error because no matter which stock rom or recovery image I flash nothing would stop it from rebooting because the NV items weren't overwritten during the flash. Then I came across a solution for the EVO by cutthroatamft on how he recovered his EVO from the same Mistake but unfortunately all his files were geared toward the EVO. After much searching I accidentally came across a single comment that posted a link for the ENG-HBOOT for the incredible. Now i manage to replace all the EVO specific files with the Dinc equivalent. Below is the link to the files and instructions compile by cutthroatamft but I updated it for the Dinc. Hopefully this helps someone else that has this problem. can't post a live link but I think you can figure it out

update:

Since megaupload is down and Had some people asking for a re-up here's a mediafire link to the file

http://www.mediafire.com/?cu7hu6pu75zvskh

Also as mentioned below by eljean this should work on the SLCD as well it's just your screen will be blank during the process. For those who has this Dinc I found that if the screen is blank wait a few minutes for it to fully boot then test to see if you can execute any ADB command. If you can the just type "adb reboot oem-78" this will reboot it and put it in fastboot mode which will allow you to execute the commands in the document.

update 2:
Nevermind what I said about the ADB... this worked for me on another phone but I realize you'll probably won't get to a point where you can execute the command because your phone in a loop LOL. So I guess getting to fastboot blind folded is your only option

Last edited:

tdiman

Jun 30, 2010
Dedham, MA
I finally successfully recovered my BootLooped Incredible after i incorrectly updated the NV item of my phone. My situation was a little different than most bootloop error because no matter which stock rom or recovery image I flash nothing would stop it from rebooting because the NV items weren't overwritten during the flash. Then I came across a solution for the EVO by cutthroatamft on how he recovered his EVO from the same Mistake but unfortunately all his files were geared toward the EVO. After much searching I accidentally came across a single comment that posted a link for the ENG-HBOOT for the incredible. Now i manage to replace all the EVO specific files with the Dinc equivalent. Below is the link to the files and instructions compile by cutthroatamft but I updated it for the Dinc. Hopefully this helps someone else that has this problem. can't post a live link but I think you can figure it out

www megaupload . com /?d=RCZBCDDA

That's a great find and good little zip/guide to get it set up.

The engineering HBOOT can be quite useful for many things besides flashing/erasing certain partitions. The inc community just hasn't used it that much.

mattjt21

Sep 23, 2009
HELP, I am having this problem with my incredible with an SLCD i put the .77 hboot on and then put the other zip in. I couldnt see the screen so i put it in fastboot by memory. I got remote failed errors the entire time.

Should I try putting the evo Hboot on this. I have no idea what else to do.

bradsinram

Oct 25, 2009
des moines ia
HELP, I am having this problem with my incredible with an SLCD i put the .77 hboot on and then put the other zip in. I couldnt see the screen so i put it in fastboot by memory. I got remote failed errors the entire time.

DO NOT USE EVO HBOOT
I don't know how to help you but I'm almost 100 percent sure that will brick it

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

SteveG12543

Recognized Contributor

The guy above you kinda said .77 won't work with SLCD... I honestly don't know how to fix that, but do NOT flash an Evo HBOOT.

I don't wanna come back and see you saying you flashed it anyways lol. ;)

Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7.0.3.

eljean

Aug 27, 2010
Bronx
im sorry to revive an old thread but I cant seem to do this everytime I try to execute a command it responds with

FAILED (Remote: Not allowed)

any help?

eljean

Aug 27, 2010
Bronx
OMFG MAN I LOVE U SO MUCH !!! I FIXED IT !!

The error I was making is that the Hboot you provided is within a .zip file but I didnt know and then I saw. It turned the screen all black because I have a SLCD Incredible but then I just did everything basically blind folded. You just saved me $200 !!! I EFFIN LOVE U MAN, WHENEVER U COME TO NYC WE PARTYIN BRO !!!!

cutthroatamft

Jan 2, 2009
Nashville
GRATZ

+1

I forwarded this to Eljean but apparently they found this thread first.

Way to go. I never even imagined my write-up helping the Incredible people.

:D

Last edited:

nedlebec

Sep 23, 2008
Dublin
I got bored and created a more streamlined version of this fix.

I hope it works, I don't have an Incredible to test with.

it includes everything needed (even ruu) and it does it for you :)

Also if anyone has this issue for an HTC Evo I posted this same method at

Hey there, I think this is a solution to my problem... I have an Incredible S. Would it work with it, if not what would I have to change? Can you re-upload the file somewhere, all of the links are down.

Thanks, Ned

rfouche

Jun 28, 2009

http://www.multiupload.com/XS5SQL8Q9K

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16133086&postcount=54

Same here. This might fix a problemed dinc I have but the links are broken.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Reactions: Blayznaz

strive53

May 6, 2011
s. jersey
I do have this file! It didn't work for me because I'm s-on bit I held on to it. Don't know how or where I could upload...mayb I can email it??..

smtom

Aug 26, 2010
Can you please attach it to a post in this thread? I have the same thing going on with my amoled incredible.
Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

update:

Since megaupload is down and Had some people asking for a re-up here's a mediafire link to the file

http://www.mediafire.com/?cu7hu6pu75zvskh

Also as mentioned below by eljean this should work on the SLCD as well it's just your screen will be blank during the process. For those who has this Dinc I found that if the screen is blank wait a few minutes for it to fully boot then test to see if you can execute any ADB command. If you can the just type "adb reboot oem-78" this will reboot it and put it in fastboot mode which will allow you to execute the commands in the document.

update 2:
    Nevermind what I said about the ADB... this worked for me on another phone but I realize you'll probably won't get to a point where you can execute the command because your phone in a loop LOL. So I guess getting to fastboot blind folded is your only option

http://www.multiupload.com/XS5SQL8Q9K

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16133086&postcount=54

Same here. This might fix a problemed dinc I have but the links are broken.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Thats awesome man, thanks a lot. I have been trying to get my hands on and engineering bootloader for over a year now. Every place i found that said they had it, either the link was broken or it was just a regular hboot. ENG hboot can come in handy when you need to flash a partition with fastboot.