Thanks Meter: 663

By grankin01, Senior Member on 9th November 2010, 08:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th April 2011, 10:04 AM |#1701  
San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Exclamation
Sooo... I got S=off, and now this means that I'm rooted, right? So why then cant I boot into Recovery? I keep getting a black screen with a phone icon and an red triangle with an exclamation point in it (like the one icon i chose for this post except red)... can some one tell me what I'm missing here?

13th April 2011, 04:31 PM |#1702  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Biker

Sooo... I got S=off, and now this means that I'm rooted, right? So why then cant I boot into Recovery? I keep getting a black screen with a phone icon and an red triangle with an exclamation point in it (like the one icon i chose for this post except red)... can some one tell me what I'm missing here?

You need to install rom manager and then flash recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to clamder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clamder Ad-Free
13th April 2011, 10:15 PM |#1703  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Biker

Did u flash a custom recovery already

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App
13th April 2011, 10:51 PM |#1704  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So literally after 9 hours straight trying to root MyTouch4G i had have tried every possible way to try to get s=off. I also read every post on this thread. Yes really. And my last option that i didnt think of was to try the ./gfree -f to root my phone with visionary installed to get root. Well guess what it worked. its a real good realive to get this MyTouch4G finally rooted. CM7 here i come! and thanks for all the help everyone. Just remember to read most of the post in a thread before trying to ask questions, becuase most of your questions have been already asked.
14th April 2011, 12:10 AM |#1705  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecbros

So literally after 9 hours straight trying to root MyTouch4G i had have tried every possible way to try to get s=off. I also read every post on this thread. Yes really. And my last option that i didnt think of was to try the ./gfree -f to root my phone with visionary installed to get root. Well guess what it worked. its a real good realive to get this MyTouch4G finally rooted. CM7 here i come! and thanks for all the help everyone. Just remember to read most of the post in a thread before trying to ask questions, becuase most of your questions have been already asked.

yeah... seems like gfree method is the surefire way to gain s=off now on the newer devices.
14th April 2011, 03:19 AM |#1706  
Flag cali
Thanks Meter: 327

More
The mytouch I rooted and gained s off with the unlockr method 2 days ago was a brand new mytouch.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
14th April 2011, 04:57 AM |#1707  
Flag Oakland
Thanks Meter: 451

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecbros

Glad you got it figured out!
3rd May 2011, 05:13 AM |#1708  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Can someone post a mirror link or the files elsewhere so I can get a hold of them. The link in the oP doesn't load properly.
4th May 2011, 12:46 AM |#1709  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I can't seem to get the files to download. It worked fine on my last my touch but this new one I got is seeming to be slower and having problems doing things properly. I would like to root and go back to cm7 but having issues please help.

4th May 2011, 12:58 AM |#1710  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
And when I put the old files I have it says
$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$su
# cd /sdcard/root
# sh root.sh
Inserting kernel module
insmod: init_module '/sdcard/root/wpx.ko' failed (Function not implemented)
4th May 2011, 10:24 AM |#1711  
Flag Oakland
Thanks Meter: 451

More
Well I finally got one that won't root with this method. Argh... Going through another round of warranty exchanges and this one won't root.

Gfree here I come!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)