A Gift for DHD Owners :P

Do You Like It?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Willy318is

Sep 22, 2004
Pasadena
Hey Guys, How are you all doing, hope all is well at your end.

Since I got my DHD, I'm Suffering to find descent quality Ringtones, they are so lame and poor, that made me COMPOSE These!

-----------------------

I have created some Exquisite Ringtones for myself using my Musical Gear and Keyboard, and people started asking about these Tones, and I used to Proudly reply them back with

"These are My Compositions" :D

Since many people liked them, I thought that I should share it with my XDA Community.

All composed and created using superior quality, and has been amplified as well, to cover for the Low Volume Syndrome (lol) of the Desire HD, except for Rooted users with modified Kernels that has increased Volume levels.

Some Info:

1. Average file size = 500 KB
2. Average file Length = 28 Seconds
3. Various Genres for various tastes:p
4. I gathered them into an Album to make it easier to find them
5. Album Name = Limited Desire HD Ringtones
6. If you like a Full Version of Specific Tone, I mean the Full-Length Song, then just ask for it
7. I have given each tone a NAME, its basically the name of the Full Length file
8. Encoding Info = MP3, 128 KB Avg. Stereo
9. Tones can be used as ringtones, Alarm tones, or generally Notifications
10.Included 2 SMS, Shorter tones, if you Like!

Installation instructions:

Create the following directory structure on your SD Card root folder (all lower case):

media/audio/notifications
media/audio/ringtones

Put the mp3's in these folders, depending on whether you want to use it as a ringtone or notification sound. Go to Settings -> Sound & Display -> "Phone ringtone" or "Notification sound". Your newly added mp3's should now be available for selection in those lists :

Final Suggestion:

Just listen to them using your Stereo Headphones first, you will be able judge better which one you like more, if at all (lol).

Feedback are more than welcome;)

Wael

Last edited:

Willy318is

Sep 22, 2004
Pasadena
Forgot to say

If you want to be able to easily find all the tones and not spread-ed among the default ones, then try to rename them like the attached photo, just a suggestion.

You can use Rename Master (FREE) to do that!!

abhishekagrawal

Jan 28, 2011
Thank you!

Thanks!! They are perfect. I really liked "Rock you" and "Rock 'n Roll".
May I have full length versions of those? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys, How are you all doing, hope all is well at your end.

Since I got my DHD, I'm Suffering to find descent quality Ringtones, they are so lame and poor, that made me COMPOSE These!

-----------------------

I have created some Exquisite Ringtones for myself using my Musical Gear and Keyboard, and people started asking about these Tones, and I used to Proudly reply them back with

"These are My Compositions" :D

Since many people liked them, I thought that I should share it with my XDA Community.

All composed and created using superior quality, and has been amplified as well, to cover for the Low Volume Syndrome (lol) of the Desire HD, except for Rooted users with modified Kernels that has increased Volume levels.

Some Info:

1. Average file size = 500 KB
    2. Average file Length = 28 Seconds
    3. Various Genres for various tastes:p
    4. I gathered them into an Album to make it easier to find them
    5. Album Name = Limited Desire HD Ringtones
    6. If you like a Full Version of Specific Tone, I mean the Full-Length Song, then just ask for it
    7. I have given each tone a NAME, its basically the name of the Full Length file
    8. Encoding Info = MP3, 128 KB Avg. Stereo
    9. Tones can be used as ringtones, Alarm tones, or generally Notifications
    10.Included 2 SMS, Shorter tones, if you Like!

Installation instructions:

Create the following directory structure on your SD Card root folder (all lower case):

media/audio/notifications
    media/audio/ringtones

Put the mp3's in these folders, depending on whether you want to use it as a ringtone or notification sound. Go to Settings -> Sound & Display -> "Phone ringtone" or "Notification sound". Your newly added mp3's should now be available for selection in those lists :

Final Suggestion:

Just listen to them using your Stereo Headphones first, you will be able judge better which one you like more, if at all (lol).

Feedback are more than welcome;)

Wael
    Forgot to say

If you want to be able to easily find all the tones and not spread-ed among the default ones, then try to rename them like the attached photo, just a suggestion.

You can use Rename Master (FREE) to do that!!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
    Dear Wael Fikry,

Your work really rocks :), best part is it's original :)
    I have an HD2 with Incredible-S Nand running.

XDA has announced your work,
    http://www.xda-developers.com/android/user-created-ringtones-for-your-android-device/

Thanx for sharing :D

My favs are:
    • Trans
    • Why you
    • Latino
    • Fascinate
    • SMS1 & 2

N.B:
    Judging the name, you must be an Egyptian or at least an Arab :)
    Thank you dear.
    Keep the good work, will be waiting for your news :D

Hey Friend:

You got that right! and YES I'm Egyptian, Viva la' Egypt (Alwaysssssssss)

Thank you guys for the compliments and encouragements, I'm so glad that you liked them.

My basic Idea was to create vast array of genres, so that different plp would be able to find sth. that matches their EAR :)

Maybe later, we will make a poll about the best Genres that you ALL liked most, and then I will compose new ones with this in mind.

Just a small and very humble gift, to the forum that changed my PDA/XDA Life! :p

To the person with question about the software used to compose, Well, its not a Software, it has been composed using my Workstation Keyboard

Regards to all...