31st May 2007, 11:31 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
you tha man, thanks a lot

5th June 2007, 07:07 PM |#22  

More
problem with playing videos on dash
hey guys, for some reason my dash cant play videos that i add through media player. any videos on there right now play fine, but when i try to open a video i just put on the storage card (through active sync), it says: cant find "name of file" make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libaries are available.

anybody know how to fix this? thanks...

btw, when looking at the file on file explorer, the symbol for it it is a white paper with a flapping window inside...
7th June 2007, 01:21 AM |#23  
Flag Southern Ontario
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Media player is crap anyway ... go do yourself a favour and google for "TCPMP" ... there is a smartphone & PPC version ... make sure you get the right one ... although either one will work ( that's how versatile it is ...LOL )... just the right one will be better in terms of efficiency

your problem above could be related to when you transfered the file using ActiveSync and somehow it got "converted" wrong ... have you tried copy the file(s) using a card reader instead ???
7th June 2007, 11:35 PM |#24  

More
weird problem playing videos
ok, plz tell me if this is something that is normal, or is something wrong with my dash.... i have a few video files on my storage card, all in the same folder. some have a tcpmp logo (blue film thingie) and some have the media player logo on them. the ones with the tcpmp logo can only be opened by tcpmp, and cant even be found by media player, and the same thing for the media player videos (can only be opened by media player, not detected by tcpmp)

i think that the videos that have the tcpmp logo were just drug and dropped into my storage card, while the media player files were synced through media player on my desktop. i dont remember this being a problem with wm5, so plz tell me of any fixes or i might just restore my dash , thanks

omar
8th June 2007, 04:34 AM |#25  
Flag Southern Ontario
Thanks Meter: 140

More
the problem lies with "files association" ...

go into your TCPMP settings and check/uncheck file extensions that you want/not want it to open with ...etc

can't say the same for windows media player though !!! ... I hate it with a passion ... crappy video size ... what's with the NO PLAYLIST ??? and it won't play AVI ... and on and on ...etc !!

there are way better 3rd party softwares for your medias !!!

TCPMP is the most versatile ... but not much on the GUI ... best of all .. it is FREE

Conduits PocketPlayer is great ... but it's not free
8th June 2007, 04:59 AM |#26  

More
i know, i already did that, and it still wont find those files. the weird thing is i have 3 video files in the same folder, all the same type and everything, and it detects two of them through tcpmp and 1 through media player....
16th June 2007, 12:37 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Red face you ARE the man
That cab file worked like a charm.

I did have to reset my home screen, but other than that... I'm golden.

Thank you so much!
5th July 2007, 02:06 AM |#28  
Flag Texas

More
Wow, I've been searching and searching for a solution to this problem and have to also add my thanks to ya'll!

Julia
5th July 2007, 10:06 PM |#29  
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Help w/T-Mobile Dash
I just downloaded the upgrade software for my dash...it totally screwed up the video player ....as I have read all the messages in reference to changing this to landscape...and full screen , but this really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...how do I do this....
5th July 2007, 11:56 PM |#30  

More
Question Youtube On Dash????
has anyone gotten the htc streaming media player to work i cant really tell with all those posts in the other thread... i have installed the cab and im trying to watch a video from youtube via wifi and i get a failed to find network error... i have also tried the wizard keys registry fix i need to know if anyone has this actually working....???
6th July 2007, 12:03 AM |#31  
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kew0319

I just downloaded the upgrade software for my dash...it totally screwed up the video player ....as I have read all the messages in reference to changing this to landscape...and full screen , but this really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...how do I do this....

I found the cure....on the message that Omar sent with the cab...download this to your PC Desktop.....then active sync your phone....go into the file explorer, on your menu screen activate your devise, Open up Applications Data, then open up Home...then drag the set-up, after U do this then double click on the icon and install, it will automatically set it up and U have videos again.....horray.....
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread