FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][Free Pro version] SleepSense (Monitor Sleep Cycle, G-Sensor, Alarm, Clock)

566 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By ajhvdb, Senior Member on 18th June 2010, 02:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th March 2011, 05:31 PM |#731  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok, another thing: I was unable to prove it works.

Just set up a test alarm about 35 mins later from the time when testing begun. Phase time is 30 mins. Put the phone upside-down. Then I waited for about 6-7 mins, and tried shaking the phone a bit, then more violently - it didn't sound a wakeup alarm. How come?

When testing, the g-sensor works. The graph says clearly that I made some movements with the phone. But no wakeup sound.

EDIT 2: Just tested it during the night. The g-sensor was not working at all, I am looking at the graph. No movements were detected at all. I guess this happens because the screen is turning off when I press "Sleep". But how can I use it then?! Should I let the screen on all night?! No logic in that.

I have Omnia i900, WM 6.1

13th March 2011, 12:06 PM |#732  
OP Senior Member

More
Q.
Just set up a test alarm about 35 mins later from the time when testing begun. Phase time is 30 mins. Put the phone upside-down. Then I waited for about 6-7 mins, and tried shaking the phone a bit, then more violently - it didn't sound a wakeup alarm. How come?

You can not test it like this. SleepSense really looks at a pattern.

Q.
EDIT 2: Just tested it during the night. The g-sensor was not working at all, I am looking at the graph. No movements were detected at all. I guess this happens because the screen is turning off when I press "Sleep". But how can I use it then?! Should I let the screen on all night?! No logic in that.

A.
No need to press sleep. it will be done automatically.
13th March 2011, 12:37 PM |#733  

More
I figured out that this was an issue with the standby mode of my phone, thus used power mode 1 to use it over the night.

Now I can see all my sleep phases during the night. Also, I toggled all the phone radios off. I was left with 70% battery life, from 100%. Are there any plans of cutting this usage down even more?

There is one problem - the sound didn't work, system-wide. That happens from time to time on my Omnia, the sound is stuck, but why - I have no idea, but I am certain it is because some programs trigger something withing the OS (maybe even SleepSense). Anyway, didn't manage to wake me up this morning, had to restart my phone to get the system-wide sound working.

Can you please explain what are power modes 1, 2 and 3? I'd be greateful.
15th March 2011, 09:58 AM |#734  
OP Senior Member

More
In the file ..\Program Files\SleepSense\Scripts.txt you can setup the different powerlevels

Per powerlevel you can change some registry settings at Stop, and at Start events.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajhvdb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajhvdb Ad-Free
18th March 2011, 10:35 AM |#735  

More
Ok, few problems I've noticed:

I've been trying to wake up with your program this whole week. It didn't wake me up even once within the phase time (30 mins), but always on the last alarm time (10 am).

3 times out of 7, the application killed itself. I don't know how that happened, but when I did awake by myself (and not by the phone), I did try to see what happened with SleepSense, and discovered that the program is not running. Why is this happening? And when I turn on SleepSense, it sounds the alarm with a warning that it didn't go off at the right time.

Third, even though I used power mode 1 and the g-sensor worked the first 2 days, now it works and not works randomly. I am seeing the graphs and they say that this night the accelerometer just dived in and didn't detect my movements (nothing is changed in my sleeping place). The night before that, it is working perfectly, sensing my sleep phases. The night before that - again, not working from 02:12 till 5:30, and then a strange bump (I guess this night is when the program turned off somehow). The night before that, it is working good. The night before that, looking good, etc.
What should I do to fix this?

I really love this program, only if it worked right for me. Have I done something to upset it? I will snooze it to sleep if necessary!
Henry-vier
12th April 2011, 09:46 AM |#736  

More
SleepSense is (too?) heavyly using system resources. With a few other installed programs problems may occur. Maybe it also depends on the ROM-Version. I suggest to test it again with a clean system.
I installed all the apps I want to use, copied them on the memory-card, hard-resetted the phone and now I only use the (few) apps from the card and believe this keeps the system more slim.
Sleepsense is running quite well for any months now (with a few minor issues) but it sucks the battery very much.
14th April 2011, 05:59 PM |#737  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Smile Sleepsense - Nederlandse vertaling
Nederlands:

Hierbij post ik de Nederlandse vertaling van SleepSense.
Versie: 1.1
Bestandsnaam bijlage: Language_nl-NL.rar
Opmerking: Kijk in de start-berichten voor de instructies, als je niet weet hoe je SleepSense in een andere taal moet zetten.

vertaald door Ramon Bakker
Als je vragen of problemen hebt over/met deze vertaling, kun je een mail sturen naar ramon.b@live.nl

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
English:

Here is the Dutch translation from SleepSense.
Version: 1.1
Filename attachment: Language_nl-NL.rar
Note: Look at the start-messages for the instructions, if you don't know how to set SleepSense into another language.

translated by Ramon Bakker
If you have questions or problems about/with this translation, you can mail to ramon.b@live.nl.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Als u gebruik maakt van versie 1.0 van deze vertaling, kunt u deze vervangen door versie 1.1. Versie 1.0 bevatte nog enkele vertaalfouten, die in versie 1.1 nu opgelost zijn.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Language_nl-NL.rar - [Click for QR Code] (7.2 KB, 7 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to ramonpb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ramonpb Ad-Free
18th April 2011, 08:40 AM |#738  
OP Senior Member

More
The NL language is updated. Thx.
6th June 2011, 09:59 AM |#739  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
ANDROID, PLZ....!

(yes I know there are some out there, just not as fingerlickin' good as this one!)
11th September 2011, 11:22 PM |#740  
OP Senior Member

More
Updated my PC to Windows 7 and IIS 7 and SleepSense licensing don't like eachother so I will recompile it once without any licensing.

In a few days I will release SleepSense Pro for free. You die hard users of WM can use this then.
12th September 2011, 01:23 AM |#741  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Sweet, thank you! I'm still holding out on WM 6.5!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)