[Q] Japan Arc no unlock key screen

Search This thread

gagafafa

Aug 28, 2006
I had bought a Japan ARC [SO-01], unfortunately, I bought it b4 1 April, so i cannot get unlocked by docomo and also I'm not in japan now...

I think the unlock code from some provider also work but the problem is that, my phone will not prompt any unlock key insert screen, please help :"(

Last edited:

fhsieh

Aug 15, 2008
All Docomo phones sold before and after April 1st still come carrier-locked. The only difference is that starting April 1st, you can now take your handset into Docomo, pay ¥3150, and get your phone unlocked -- even if you bought your phone before April 1st.

You will have to go into a Docomo store, however. If your phone is still carrier-locked (to Docomo), your best shot is to find someone in Japan who can do it for you. Perhaps you can contact the seller and arrange the unlock for some fee.

alsaqr

Oct 27, 2010
Florida
All Docomo phones sold before and after April 1st still come carrier-locked. The only difference is that starting April 1st, you can now take your handset into Docomo, pay ¥3150, and get your phone unlocked -- even if you bought your phone before April 1st.

You will have to go into a Docomo store, however. If your phone is still carrier-locked (to Docomo), your best shot is to find someone in Japan who can do it for you. Perhaps you can contact the seller and arrange the unlock for some fee.

thanks for confirming this info , i have ordered a docomo xperia arc so that i can use it in the usa , but people have been doubting that it can be unlocked because it was released on March 24th.

the Lt15a(America version) and the Docomo SO-01c are hte same and that is why i ordered from japan

morita0107

Nov 4, 2006
Tokyo
Although they say "They can do" but actually they cannot do, because nobody can find entry screen for unlock code. I bought UNLOCK code from them but cannot do this.

alsaqr

Oct 27, 2010
Florida
i have contacted this unlock code provider

they have replied sayin it is possible
in the middle of the page there is a way to show you how you get the code screen and hidden menu

this was their reply(my original message is at the bottom

Hi,
Of course there is such possibility. SE XPERIA ARC can unlock here: http://sim-unlock.net/simlock/Sony-Ericsson/Xperia Arc/

--
http://Simlock24.pl
http://Sim-Unlock.net

----- Original Message -----
To: info@sim-unlock.net
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:54 AM
Subject: xperia arc

Can you unlock the japanese xperia arc ?

its the Docomo SO-01c

morita0107

Nov 4, 2006
Tokyo
Basically Docomo says this model cannot be UNLOCKED and this has to keep specified ROM.

But finally I could UNLOCK by flashing global ROM and after completing ROM flashing, unlock screen appeared. Therefore I could enter unlock code successfully!

But the key thing is that this cannot be returned to original ROM which is provided from Docomo, so now this is UK or Chinese (HKG) version (LT-15i).
And slightly Japanese font is different from original font style, probably this is Chinese KANJI, I guess.

Reactions: gagafafa
M

Mr_Bartek

You can return it to DoCoMo firmware. You just need somebody to update their DoCoMo arc and send you the firmware files.

gagafafa

Aug 28, 2006
Basically Docomo says this model cannot be UNLOCKED and this has to keep specified ROM.

But finally I could UNLOCK by flashing global ROM and after completing ROM flashing, unlock screen appeared. Therefore I could enter unlock code successfully!

But the key thing is that this cannot be returned to original ROM which is provided from Docomo, so now this is UK or Chinese (HKG) version (LT-15i).
And slightly Japanese font is different from original font style, probably this is Chinese KANJI, I guess.

hahaha~~~Can you share the procedure? I 'm nothing about this :)

( p.s i just sent it back to japan for the hope yesterday , but seems i do sth wrong)

Last edited:

alsaqr

Oct 27, 2010
Florida

so if i buy a locked one from Docomo it can be unlocked to wotk in the usa

can you read the 3G frequency off the box please

TehFoz

Aug 10, 2010
You can return it to DoCoMo firmware. You just need somebody to update their DoCoMo arc and send you the firmware files.
If you would like to reveal how to do so, I could be of assistance.

so if i buy a locked one from Docomo it can be unlocked to wotk in the usa

can you read the 3G frequency off the box please
Sure, the box says exactly this: "GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS/HSPA Bands 1/2/5/6" The UMTS/HSPA bands are 2100/1900/850/800.

M

Mr_Bartek

You need someone with DoCoMo firmware to update their phone. If they then pack the 'db' folder from SEUS and upload it, I will be able to make an .ftf file for flashtool.

Reactions: morita0107
May 15, 2009
Hi,

Usually I am in Japan but this month I have to stay in France. If I get a Xperia arc european version here and then take it to Japan with me.
Will it be possible to use it in Japan? Does the european version support the japanese network?
Will it be possible to flash the docomo firmware to use sp mode?

Thanks

TehFoz

Aug 10, 2010
Hi,

Usually I am in Japan but this month I have to stay in France. If I get a Xperia arc european version here and then take it to Japan with me.
Will it be possible to use it in Japan? Does the european version support the japanese network?

Thanks
No, you can not get the European version, the LT15i, for use on DoCoMo. I'm unsure of Softbank.

Reactions: SilverSurfer972

caqo71

Apr 11, 2011
Santiago
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I think that any japan arc, could be flashed anywhere with an european version software (ie: unlocked LT15i flash rom). The phone will result with the european firmware, but it will support american and japanese networks.

I did that with my C905, its model is "C905a", but I flashed it whit the C905i firmware because of different spanish text from Europa. I use 3G in chile with no prob.

SO, can't this be done to a Japanese Xperia arc?

Reactions: alsaqr

alsaqr

Oct 27, 2010
Florida
I think that any japan arc, could be flashed anywhere with an european version software (ie: unlocked LT15i flash rom). The phone will result with the european firmware, but it will support american and japanese networks.

I did that with my C905, its model is "C905a", but I flashed it whit the C905i firmware because of different spanish text from Europa. I use 3G in chile with no prob.

SO, can't this be done to a Japanese Xperia arc?

thank you for the info, im gonna need u guys help flashing the rom on the japanes Xperia when i get it and also unlocking it with the code.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    M
    Mr_Bartek
    Sorry guys, the loader.sin in the package is incorrect. Here is how to fix it.

1. Download correct loader: http://www.multiupload.com/KN7SQNKLQ2
    2. Open LT15i_3.0.D.2.79_DoCoMo_JP.ftf with WinRAR
    3. Copy and replace loader.sin in the .ftf file with the one from step 1
    4. Close WinRAR
    5. Flash, flash, flash!
    Sorry guys, the loader.sin in the package is incorrect. Here is how to fix it.

1. Download correct loader: http://www.multiupload.com/KN7SQNKLQ2
    2. Open LT15i_3.0.D.2.79_DoCoMo_JP.ftf with WinRAR
    3. Copy and replace loader.sin in the .ftf file with the one from step 1
    4. Close WinRAR
    5. Flash, flash, flash!

Thanks so much!
    I could do successfully and now mine was returned to the version of Docomo.

As FYI, after flashing it, have updated as Repair mode on SEUS.
    Absolutely this is NOW Docomo edition.

Great job!

M
    Mr_Bartek
    You need someone with DoCoMo firmware to update their phone. If they then pack the 'db' folder from SEUS and upload it, I will be able to make an .ftf file for flashtool.
    Hi,

Thanks
    No, you can not get the European version, the LT15i, for use on DoCoMo. I'm unsure of Softbank.