Search This thread

mom4751

Aug 18, 2008
Bologna
Nexus 9
OnePlus 6T
Hello guys,
i'm looking for a decent RDP client.

I have tried the WM6 RDP from finster869 but i can't connect to any server.
I have tried also the ms_rdp_v6.5.cab downloaded somewhere in this forum: this one works but once switched to full screen i loose the keyboard and i can't digit anything.

I don't understand why Toshiba has not delivered a such important app :mad:

Last edited:

Tozzy2

Feb 6, 2010
It's ridiculous, I've tried finster but it just doesn't work. The only one that works for me is MochaVnc as the viewer on my phone and I use ultraVnc on my desktop as the server, but I think at the moment, I've only been able to get it running over wifi. If someone manages over 3G, please please let me know.

But I haven't got a clue why finster doesn't work. Wanted to try it out :(.

Pere

Oct 25, 2006
Palau (Barcelona) Spain
It's ridiculous, I've tried finster but it just doesn't work. The only one that works for me is MochaVnc as the viewer on my phone and I use ultraVnc on my desktop as the server, but I think at the moment, I've only been able to get it running over wifi. If someone manages over 3G, please please let me know.

But I haven't got a clue why finster doesn't work. Wanted to try it out :(.

If I'm not wrong, This kind of software only works in a intranet , so only WIFI is available as wireless connection (no 3G possibility)

I use VNC server (on PC as Mobile). If any interested I can link the apps.

Tozzy2

Feb 6, 2010
the ms_rdp_v6.5.cab works on 3G too. The problem is that full screen mode hides the keyboard.

Any steps to get it working?

It works on 3G to? Compared to what other software do you mean? I've tried the microsoft one and the finster, but just never connects, even in wifi mode. I find it completely useless. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I'm going to holiday in a few days so would love to get this working on 3G :D

mom4751

Aug 18, 2008
Bologna
Nexus 9
OnePlus 6T
I have tried the free RDP client zaDesktop 0.98b: same problem of Microsoft RDP.

It connects perfectly to the servers using the 3G/HSPA connection but when the application goes full-screen, the keyboard icon goes away.

xda_dev2063

Jan 12, 2009
have you tried Remote Touch? It is very simple ... you can try it with wlan very quick ... it just takes 5 minutes to download, installing and testing. If you want to control your PC via 3G you just need an no-ip Account for an DNS address.

mom4751

Aug 18, 2008
Bologna
Nexus 9
OnePlus 6T
have you tried Remote Touch? It is very simple ... you can try it with wlan very quick ... it just takes 5 minutes to download, installing and testing. If you want to control your PC via 3G you just need an no-ip Account for an DNS address.

I cannot install 3rd party unauthorized services on the business servers. RDP is the official method to remote access the servers.
I have choose a Windows mobile device because of this; i could not image that RDP on TG01 was such a pain.

I can't correctly access a Microsoft server platform with a Microsoft OS phone and a Microsoft application and probabily i will have to use 3rd party software to resolve the problem. In fact, i am going to try RDM+: a commercial software, availiable for WM and many other platforms included Android and iphone.
What a big defeat for Microsoft (and Toshiba too).

Last edited:

zarri

Nov 14, 2006
RDP worked for me

For me RDP works without any problem. I use Nokser's newest build from 30.05.2010. I think it is a Version of Finster pre-installed.

Pere

Oct 25, 2006
Palau (Barcelona) Spain

Attachments

• vnc-4_1_3-x86_win32.zip
    699.2 KB · Views: 10
  • vnc-E4_2_7b5-arm_pocketpc_viewer.CAB
    387.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: