Search This thread

Lacrymae

Dec 31, 2010
Hmm you are right.

But cyanogen say;
"What about sdcards?
internal = sdcard, external = emmc
Only internal can be shared over usb at the moment."

I download QTADB for windows and i can transfer my Music folders to emmc folder in my phone. Start Power AMP and power amp rescan folder is not detect my emmc folder.

How can i solve this problem ?

Lacrymae

Dec 31, 2010
Hi Again,

Finally i solve the problem. And everything in my ext sd card is back. Problem is emmc folder (means external sd card in cyanogenmod 7) not permitted for write and read.

I use QtADB Terminal for editing the directorys permition.

Step 1: type "su"
Step 2: go to root directory. If you type "ls" and can you see "emmc" you are right position.
Step 3: "chmod 777 emmc" or "$chmod 777 emmc" (for write and read permitted.)
Step 4: Reboot the phone and everythings are back in External Sd Card in EMMC

And Windows detect 2 Storage Drive now. One of 6GB Internal Sd Card, One of 8GB External Sd Card. And i can use my Music player Power AMP.

Everythings perfect for me now. Cyanogen is great ROM but this permision problem should bu fixed. Because i spend three day for solve this problem.

Regards,

Reactions: vazovskiiii

Sahmuald

May 24, 2011
melbourne
Hi, I hate to open up an old thread, but does anyone know if this works with the newer nightly builds? I'm having what seems to be the exact same problem... Also, when I go to settings > storage, it doesn't register the card there, and the mount sd card option is blanked out. I'm guessing that that's cause of the emmc thing, but shouldn't it register the extra storage space in the settings somewhere? at the moment, it looks like 16gb has just disappeared...

Also, I'd liketo change these permissions from the phone, using terminal emulator, if that's possible... But your steps don't seem to work for that one.

Last edited:

rschenck

Feb 8, 2011
Hi, I hate to open up an old thread, but does anyone know if this works with the newer nightly builds? I'm having what seems to be the exact same problem... Also, when I go to settings > storage, it doesn't register the card there, and the mount sd card option is blanked out. I'm guessing that that's cause of the emmc thing, but shouldn't it register the extra storage space in the settings somewhere? at the moment, it looks like 16gb has just disappeared...

Also, I'd liketo change these permissions from the phone, using terminal emulator, if that's possible... But your steps don't seem to work for that one.

I am not seeing that behavior at all. Are you sure it is not a problem with your SD card?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

spectre85

Nov 9, 2010
Regina

are you sure you flashed from a froyo 2.2 build. I flashed from 2.2.1 a while back when I first flashed CM7 and I had the same issues with my external SD, not sure if this is still a pre-req but all the instructions still say to flash from 2.2 when first going to CM7. see link below: I also had scrambled video when booting CM7 coming from 2.2.1 so that is another indication something is wrong, just make sure you follow the steps to a T and know that flashing from 2.2.1 froyo is not the same as flashing from 2.2 froyo ;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1061946

anyways, this could also be an issue that you just aren't sure where to look coming from a samsung rom to CM7. To view your external in CM7 you have to open file manager (astro or whatever you use) hit the home button (file manager route), click the emmc folder and it should be your external SD card. In samsung roms it's in the external_sd folder off the internal SD card.

when I mount my drives via computer both drives come up and they are both read/write so not sure what the guy a couple posts up was talking about, could have been an early bug or something not sure, anyways works fine in the latest nightly so i'm happy:)

Last edited:

crazyionutz

Dec 18, 2009
Bucharest
Xiaomi Poco F3
i'm having the same issue.
EMMC not seen by non root explorers
the only way to acces the emmc is by using a root explorer...

LE: found a fix:

External SD card will get mounted as /mnt/emmc. This may not be visible to all apps. If you desperately need the contents visible to apps only looking in /mnt/sdcard, create an empty directory there and remount the /mnt/emmc there as well:

Using either the terminal emulator or adb shell:
su
mkdir -p /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
mount /dev/block/vold/179:9 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

Note: This is only a temporary fix for when needed. It will cause issues when you try to use USB sharing later. Write the following to get things back to normal:
umount /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

fix found HERE: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1061946

Last edited:
Reactions: nikkpap

lowdmt

Jan 19, 2012
Chesterfield
no /sdcard/external_sd

Just flashed to cyanogenmod7.1 found the same problem on my sgs2. ESFileExplorer shows the directory /sdcard/external_sd but it's empty (when I know it isn't).

If you go to settings > cyanogenmod settings > application the is a tick box "use internal storage"

Reboot, all files that were on the ext_sd are now mounted in /sdcard.

Haven't found a way of distinguishing which files are actually on the ext_sd and which are on the internal sd but they are all there.

Aug 7, 2009
cyanogen 7.1?

Just flashed to cyanogenmod7.1 found the same problem on my sgs2. ESFileExplorer shows the directory /sdcard/external_sd but it's empty (when I know it isn't).

If you go to settings > cyanogenmod settings > application the is a tick box "use internal storage"

Reboot, all files that were on the ext_sd are now mounted in /sdcard.

Haven't found a way of distinguishing which files are actually on the ext_sd and which are on the internal sd but they are all there.

I got a sgs2 and tried everything described above but still no sd card, its just not mounted according to astro file explorer.
I think this sux, cyanogen claims to be the best bla bla bla, but it cant even find/mount a simple sd card........whatever, im going back to my lightning rom. it atleast sees everything i got on my phone

Peace

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Again,

Finally i solve the problem. And everything in my ext sd card is back. Problem is emmc folder (means external sd card in cyanogenmod 7) not permitted for write and read.

I use QtADB Terminal for editing the directorys permition.

Step 1: type "su"
    Step 2: go to root directory. If you type "ls" and can you see "emmc" you are right position.
    Step 3: "chmod 777 emmc" or "$chmod 777 emmc" (for write and read permitted.)
    Step 4: Reboot the phone and everythings are back in External Sd Card in EMMC

And Windows detect 2 Storage Drive now. One of 6GB Internal Sd Card, One of 8GB External Sd Card. And i can use my Music player Power AMP.

Everythings perfect for me now. Cyanogen is great ROM but this permision problem should bu fixed. Because i spend three day for solve this problem.

Regards,
    i'm having the same issue.
    EMMC not seen by non root explorers
    the only way to acces the emmc is by using a root explorer...

LE: found a fix:

External SD card will get mounted as /mnt/emmc. This may not be visible to all apps. If you desperately need the contents visible to apps only looking in /mnt/sdcard, create an empty directory there and remount the /mnt/emmc there as well:

Using either the terminal emulator or adb shell:
    su
    mkdir -p /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
    mount /dev/block/vold/179:9 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

Note: This is only a temporary fix for when needed. It will cause issues when you try to use USB sharing later. Write the following to get things back to normal:
    umount /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

fix found HERE: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1061946