Huawei U8150 IDEOS | ClockworkMod Recovery

Search This thread

Trekker56

Dec 21, 2010
I have finally solved the problem.

The first time I tried to install the Clockworkmod, there was a hic up in my wifi and I guess it corrupted the recovery. When the next time I tried to install it, Rom Manager isnstalled the same corrupted version from the cache. I deleted the cache via settings in Rom Manager, and once again installed the Clockworkmod. This time it downloaded a fresh copy and flashed it successfuly.

Hope this will be helpful to others with the same problem.

Pasquale91fg

Oct 31, 2010
Foggia

The first time I tried to install the Clockworkmod, there was a hic up in my wifi and I guess it corrupted the recovery. When the next time I tried to install it, Rom Manager isnstalled the same corrupted version from the cache. I deleted the cache via settings in Rom Manager, and once again installed the Clockworkmod. This time it downloaded a fresh copy and flashed it successfuly.

Trakker ho il tuo stesso e identico problema!!!!!! mi dici come lo hai risolto per favore?

Slyon92

Nov 15, 2010
Acqui Terme
Trakker ho il tuo stesso e identico problema!!!!!! mi dici come lo hai risolto per favore?

Last Clockworkmod, on the ideos of my gf won't work at all! The phone reboot and get stuck on ideos logo. I've tried to download, and re-download after a cache clean up of Clockwork and nothing!

So, i've tried with that one, and everithing goes well!
multiupload.com/8I69E0PB9M

1. Shutdown the phone
2. Turn on with red button + volume down pressed, until it stuck on the ideos logo
3. Now plug it into computer, and execute "install-recovery-*" for your operating system
4. Once completed, it should reboot and now you have a working recovery!
Boot it up with the green button + volume up key pressed!
Enjoy!:p

In italiano:
L'ultima clockwork non funziona nemmeno sul telefono della mia ragazza! Neanche cancellando la cache e tutto il resto!..
Scarica questa:

1. Spegni il telelefono
2. Accendilo tenendo premuto il tasto rosso + volume basso fino a che non si blocca sul logo della ideos
3. Collega il telefono al computer, ed avvia il file "install-recovery-*" a seconda del tuo sistema operativo! (nel mio caso: install-recovery-windows.bat).. ti comparirà una schermata dos per qualche secondo, e poi si riavvierà da solo il telefono
4. Spegnilo e riaccendilo tenendo premuti il tasto verde e il volume su, ed entrerai magicamente in recovery!!:)
Buona fortuna!

IamMason

Apr 21, 2011
I'm fairly new to this so please bear with me.

I'm using ROM Manager v.4.0.0.8 and trying to flash the Clockworkmod recovery from there but when the phone model menu comes up I'm not seeing Ideos U8150 on there. Is there a different model I should go with or am I going to need to do this another way?

xenonism

Dec 20, 2010
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

Had the same problem, your fix worked just fine. Maybe there should be some integrity checks on the downloaded files.

xenonism

Dec 20, 2010
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
I'm fairly new to this so please bear with me.

I'm using ROM Manager v.4.0.0.8 and trying to flash the Clockworkmod recovery from there but when the phone model menu comes up I'm not seeing Ideos U8150 on there. Is there a different model I should go with or am I going to need to do this another way?

I just used the same version and the U8150 is definitely there. It's called "Huawei U8150 Ideos" and it's in the first half of the list, maybe 30% down.

IamMason

Apr 21, 2011
I just used the same version and the U8150 is definitely there. It's called "Huawei U8150 Ideos" and it's in the first half of the list, maybe 30% down.

That's weird. I checked and rechecked it and didn't see it. Regardless, I got it installed another way and am now enjoying this awesome rom.

spideyngo

May 10, 2009
NorthWest
HTC Leo
HTC One (m7)
Just a heads up everyone. I have a T-Mobile Comet Prepaid from the US.
Here is my experience.

With the following T-Mobile ROM installed with Z4root and clockworkMOd installed, Huawei Ideos U8150 recovery install is NOT listed on my device, only Huawai Pulse Mini (flashed to this from US stock T-Mobile)
U8150V100R001C85B823SP01-T-MO.zip
Firmware listing http://webftp.myppc.it/index.php?dir=Ideos/ROM/

When I flashed the Kenya firmware, installed Z4root, install ClockworkMod, then Huawei Ideos U8150 recovery install IS listed.
U8150 V100R001C18B842(Kenya Safaricom).zip
firmware listing http://webftp.myppc.it/index.php?dir=Ideos/ROM/

All in all, the Kenya firmware is the way to go anyway with multitouch support in browser and google maps. Also, it's a much cleaner and easier clockworkmod recovery install.

Reactions: Esoth and nba1341

Trekker56

Dec 21, 2010
I am unable to create partition via clckworkmod. I have the latest installed via rom manager. I create a partition via clockworkmod, the allocated space disappears, but the ext partition is not there. I have a kingston class 4 card, and the same card works flawlessly with partition created with ultrajack recovery.

I want to keep cyanogenmod as my rom, but witout ext support, am unable to move aps, and am running out of space.

Any ideas what i should do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ClockworkMod Recovery
    Huawei U8150 IDEOS (MDPI)
    follow updates and fixes: @marcnvidic
    github: android_device_huawei_ideos
    dev status: over

Supported on ROM Manager

The /cust partition is referenced as /datadata

Download: via Rom Manager
    Setup: see Notes

Check out this thread if the ROM Manager version fails you (it's outdated)

Last Clockworkmod, on the ideos of my gf won't work at all! The phone reboot and get stuck on ideos logo. I've tried to download, and re-download after a cache clean up of Clockwork and nothing!

So, i've tried with that one, and everithing goes well!

1. Shutdown the phone
    2. Turn on with red button + volume down pressed, until it stuck on the ideos logo
    3. Now plug it into computer, and execute "install-recovery-*" for your operating system
    4. Once completed, it should reboot and now you have a working recovery!
    Boot it up with the green button + volume up key pressed!
    Enjoy!:p

In italiano:
    L'ultima clockwork non funziona nemmeno sul telefono della mia ragazza! Neanche cancellando la cache e tutto il resto!..
    Scarica questa:

1. Spegni il telelefono
    2. Accendilo tenendo premuto il tasto rosso + volume basso fino a che non si blocca sul logo della ideos
    3. Collega il telefono al computer, ed avvia il file "install-recovery-*" a seconda del tuo sistema operativo! (nel mio caso: install-recovery-windows.bat).. ti comparirà una schermata dos per qualche secondo, e poi si riavvierà da solo il telefono
    4. Spegnilo e riaccendilo tenendo premuti il tasto verde e il volume su, ed entrerai magicamente in recovery!!:)
    Buona fortuna!
    Just a heads up everyone. I have a T-Mobile Comet Prepaid from the US.
    Here is my experience.

With the following T-Mobile ROM installed with Z4root and clockworkMOd installed, Huawei Ideos U8150 recovery install is NOT listed on my device, only Huawai Pulse Mini (flashed to this from US stock T-Mobile)
    U8150V100R001C85B823SP01-T-MO.zip
    Firmware listing http://webftp.myppc.it/index.php?dir=Ideos/ROM/

When I flashed the Kenya firmware, installed Z4root, install ClockworkMod, then Huawei Ideos U8150 recovery install IS listed.
    U8150 V100R001C18B842(Kenya Safaricom).zip
    firmware listing http://webftp.myppc.it/index.php?dir=Ideos/ROM/

All in all, the Kenya firmware is the way to go anyway with multitouch support in browser and google maps. Also, it's a much cleaner and easier clockworkmod recovery install.
    Excuse me for the stupid question... how can I download it from github? :confused:

I really need /cust partition support and I would like to use your recovery (I already promoted as "suggested recovery" so I think I have to change it until the new build is avaiable). :eek:

No need, on ROM Manager now (with /cust partition support)